My Uneducated Take On the Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Uneducated Take On the Game

We lost! Geno will be the backup QB. We actually kicked a 50+ yard FG! Typical boring pre-season game! Time to make some cuts!
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Cut Johnson he is Useless. O Line is still as bad as we all feared, Check!!. Richberg terrible and each guy gets blown into backfield all to often. Pittsburgh starting D was in our backfield every play. No Running Game, Check!!. Can't convert 3rd & 4th and Short, Check!! Blake made a few good plays (INT) but him getting toasted for TDs should get him cut if it continues, Deayon doesn't need to be returning kicks

Some positives, Goodson looked good at times, Engram, Adams & Ellison are locked in. If the keep a 4th it's between Tye & LaCross who didn't play, Geno looked good at times but I think we need to see more from Webb who may be able to push up to #2 with a few good games, Collins Nasty as usual, run D great with Tomlinson, D. Taylor, Bromley all looking good, Wynn was all over the place, our new kicker looked good
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

That's not what we wanted to see after all the hype we been hearing all off season how they all been working and training to improve their craft & get better. That is disheartening and frustrating to see & watch. Eli, Marshall & Odell would not have made any difference. If anything they were at least saved embarrassment for at least one week
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
        That's not what we wanted to see after all the hype we been hearing all off season how they all been working and training to improve their craft & get better. That is disheartening and frustrating to see & watch. Eli, Marshall & Odell would not have made any difference. If anything they were at least saved embarrassment for at least one week
        I am starting to believe Solari is part of the problem. They had O-line issues before he arrived. It looks to me since he has been there they have gotten worse.
        The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I am starting to believe Solari is part of the problem. They had O-line issues before he arrived. It looks to me since he has been there they have gotten worse.
          When you see the other teams D getting to your QB so easily and RBs being dropped 2-3 yards behind LOS in their very first game its very concerning going forward

4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE

Comment

I really hope Reese takes the blinders off before it's to late and try and make a trade or something before another season of promise goes down the tubes

I will give it one more week hoping they were just shaking the rust off and will improve. But if the Browns line Manhandles them then he'd better start looking for Plan "B" if there even is one..

Buffalo, Eagles & s 3rd team just pulled off a trade why can't the Giant's do it for a solid vet Lineman and give up a few 2018 picks to maybe push us over the top

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

When you see the other teams D getting to your QB so easily and RBs being dropped 2-3 yards behind LOS in their very first game its very concerning going forward
              I agree , There is something inherently wrong with the entire blocking schema. It is systemic. It can't be just talent. No matter who is playing the same problems surface .
              The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Cut Johnson and sign one of the Free Agent O-Linemen out there .. we def need more competition out there

Comment

Got some really good educated responses! But its early to read to much into the game! Pickups and cuts will come!
                  Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Nick Mangold is STILL a FA. He is better then most of who we have on our team. Make the call Reese. Bring him in. Swallow your pride before you go down with the ship

4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE

Comment

Cut Johnson he is Useless. O Line is still as bad as we all feared, Check!!. Richberg terrible and each guy gets blown into backfield all to often. Pittsburgh starting D was in our backfield every play. No Running Game, Check!!. Can't convert 3rd & 4th and Short, Check!! Blake made a few good plays (INT) but him getting toasted for TDs should get him cut if it continues, Deayon doesn't need to be returning kicks

Some positives, Goodson looked good at times, Engram, Adams & Ellison are locked in. If the keep a 4th it's between Tye & LaCross who didn't play, Geno looked good at times but I think we need to see more from Webb who may be able to push up to #2 with a few good games, Collins Nasty as usual, run D great with Tomlinson, D. Taylor, Bromley all looking good, Wynn was all over the place, our new kicker looked good
                      LaCosse did play, he was just an afterthought. Looks way down the depth chart at TE

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I have made this same statement several times before. I feel the line has gotten worse, not better under Solari. And aren't technique issues supposed to be corrected by the coaching staff?

Comment

Originally posted by GeoGoGo View Post

I have made this same statement several times before. I feel the line has gotten worse, not better under Solari. And aren't technique issues supposed to be corrected by the coaching staff?
                          Technique is just 1 aspect of the problems . They don't look like a conducive unit. It is not like this the first time together. It has to be poor assignment scheme in relationship to defensive formations on any give play. That is what i am starting to see.

Comment

I did see some bright spots. The defense looked good kickers played well TE's looked good but the O line OMG! Try to work a trade with Cleveland for Joe Thomas offer a few draft picks throw in a couple bubble players. Based on last nights game I worry for Eli's health

Comment

Originally posted by Essex Blue View Post

LaCosse did play, he was just an afterthought. Looks way down the depth chart at TE
                              Yea I saw him catch a pass from Webb on the replay. At the time NFLN had switched to the KC/SF game so I didn't see it Live

4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE

Comment

Working...
                              X