Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ereck Flowers and Bobby Hart didn't give up a single pressure last night

https://twitter.com/PFF_Smith/status/896367645607514112

would be amazing if this held up into the regular season. The Steelers front 7 is nothing to sneeze at

Well there were other kinks in the Armor because their starting D was in our backyard what seemed like every play. Johnson had no chance
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Well, if it says so on the internet it must be true.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
          Well, if it says so on the internet it must be true.
          Also if anyone watched the game, they would see Ereck Flowers and Bobby Hart played well.

I know everyone's reflex is too blame Flowers and Hart, but they weren't the problem last night

Comment

as if this stat is what makes a sound o lineman

these guys are not good and they are not going to be ... this is deja vu from last season ... and all I heard then was ... dude chill out it's the first pre season game

so.... yeah ... not good

Comment

and am I losing my mind or did Watt not get a sack beating Flowers and then get another when Flowers completely blew an assignment and ran off blocking down field ?

gotta love Twitter and PFF
              Last edited by YATittle1962; 08-12-2017, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                and am I losing my mind or did Watt not get a sack beating Flowers and then get another when Flowers completely blew an assignment and ran off blocking down field ?
                I can't speak to your mind, but you aren't wrong about Flowers giving T.J. Watt a free run at Johnson.

More importantly, the OL did nothing to indicate it'll be much better than last year.

Comment

as if this stat is what makes a sound o lineman

these guys are not good and they are not going to be ... this is deja vu from last season ... and all I heard then was ... dude chill out it's the first pre season game

so.... yeah ... not good
                  I have a hard time thinking it's all lack of talent on the line, although a big contributor. Do our blocking schemes have a bigger part?

Comment

twitter is right. neither sack was flowers fault.

http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...f-observations

http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...42#post2939242

https://www.bigblueview.com/2017/8/1...iants-steelers

Comment

Originally posted by Nico12561 View Post

I can't speak to your mind, but you aren't wrong about Flowers giving T.J. Watt a free run at Johnson.

More importantly, the OL did nothing to indicate it'll be much better than last year.

I just watched the broadcast feed and heard Banks say something to the affect that the sack was not Flowers fault ... and I could not disagree more

where the interior did collapse ... Watt had Flowers on roller skates and he completely abandoned his technique flailing aimlessly like a rag doll with no feet under himself at all ... watch the play ... Watt was getting to the QB whether the interior collapsed or not

Flowers looked horrible

Comment

You think moving some guys around might help? Will they be willing to put Pugh at LT or RT? Move Flower s or Flunker in at a G.
                        I can't believe Ben and Jerry would be so stubborn they are willing to go into the season with the same line as last year.

Comment

Watt didn't beat Flowers. Richburg got crushed by Hargrave I think and Johnson stepped up right into Watt.

As for the other Watt sack, we don't know who really gave that up. It was probably Flowers but who knows.

i thought Hart and Flowers were pretty solid last night.

Comment

I just watched the broadcast feed and heard Banks say something to the affect that the sack was not Flowers fault ... and I could not disagree more

where the interior did collapse ... Watt had Flowers on roller skates and he completely abandoned his technique flailing aimlessly like a rag doll with no feet under himself at all ... watch the play ... Watt was getting to the QB whether the interior collapsed or not

Flowers looked horrible
                            hmmmmmmm i think people see what they want to see........ i did not think it was flowers fault.... more josh johnsons fault than flowers IMO... definitely the interior of the oline gets faulted more there as well IMO....

although you make a good point, flowers was on his back feet off balance a bit... so that isn't a good sign... but i still can't get give him fault for the sack there

2 cents
                            Last edited by bigpoppy; 08-12-2017, 11:49 AM.

Comment

what a load of nonsense

watch the play ... Watt had him on roller skates and completely abandoning his technique ... he had zero feet under him ..

that sack was happening whether the interior collapsed or not

if you can watch that play and with a straight face tell me that Flowers was at all under control of the D lineman during that play then I have no idea what to tell you

Watt used the oldest DE trick in existence .... he rode the tackles poor technique straight to the QB ... he obviously used what he saw of Flowers on film

it's an age old trick .... you use the tackles leverage against him and lull him into thinking he has you blocked when the entire time you are using his own weakness to beat him

that is exactly what happened there

guys like Strahan made a career out of doing this

watch the play ... it's right there for you

Comment

Working...
                              X