Ereck Flowers and Bobby Hart didn't give up a single pressure last night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewz View Post

Also if anyone watched the game, they would see Ereck Flowers and Bobby Hart played well.

I know everyone's reflex is too blame Flowers and Hart, but they weren't the problem last night
    Our soft center and John Jerry were the two biggest culprits last night and Pugh wasn't much better.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

you and I are watching different films clearly

Flowers has zero control in that play ... that is a rookie baiting him ... simple as that
      Ok bro.

the qb tried escaping B gap and he fell into Flowers lap. Zero control is flat out wrong.

Comment

If the interior doesn't collapse, Johnson has somewhere to step to and throw. Watt wouldn't have gotten there.

Comment

Originally posted by EliIsTheBaas View Post

Ok bro.

the qb tried escaping B gap and he fell into Flowers lap. Zero control is flat out wrong.
          Even the announcers stated this. Anyone saying anything else is simply looking to blame Flower's when it's not his fault. Our soft center and Jerry were the culprits on that play.

Comment

Originally posted by PRGiant View Post
            If the interior doesn't collapse, Johnson has somewhere to step to and throw. Watt wouldn't have gotten there.
            Picture a QB like Johnson stepping up in the pocket lol all them mother****ers do is book for the outside at the first sign of trouble.. hence why running "QBs"(no) are bad
            If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Ok bro.

ok

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post

I have a hard time thinking it's all lack of talent on the line, although a big contributor. Do our blocking schemes have a bigger part?
                I agree. No matter who is on the line the same problems. The scheme is flawed.
                The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

olineman go down all the time and backups come in and the team doesn't collapse. It seems if we had the right schemes and the line worked well together it should be workable, no?

Comment

I'd like to hear McAdoo's assessment, not beat writers and PFF key crunchers.

Comment

definitely ... Richburg got blown up and Pugh blocked no one ... this entire unit looks terrible
                      It still looks better than the first pre-season game last year. I know it isn't saying much, but it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post

olineman go down all the time and backups come in and the team doesn't collapse. It seems if we had the right schemes and the line worked well together it should be workable, no?
                        The pieces of the puzzle can't just add up to players. The line had problems in 15 but the offense still put up good yardage and TD numbers. Mike Solari comes in last year and the line instantly becomes worse. There is a correlation.
                        The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                          Richburg and Pugh never saw a microphone they didn't like.

They seem to be following in Schwartz' footsteps.
                          and they're always defending the rest of the line like they're lighting it up. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

There's no special scheme. All offenses run basically the same protections. We're a little more like GB than before where we would more aggressively slide to the side the line is working. Mcadoo seems to want things firmer inside and let's his tackles on more of a island. Unfortunately we don't have Bulaga and Bakhtiari holding the edge like they do.

Comment

There's no special scheme. All offenses run basically the same protections. We're a little more like GB than before where we would more aggressively slide to the side the line is working. Mcadoo seems to want things firmer inside and let's his tackles on more of a island. Unfortunately we don't have Bulaga and Bakhtiari holding the edge like they do.
                              If the scheme was not the issue there would be some difference when a different player is inserted . There is not . The only thing it could be is assignments. Flowers Hart and Wheeler were beat in the exact same way by Watt. (came unabated). The same kind of recurring issues were happening last season. It points to coaching , assignments or the scheme as a whole.. If blocking systems were the same across the board, Defensive OCs would have a field day with every O-line.

Comment

I just watched the broadcast feed and heard Banks say something to the affect that the sack was not Flowers fault ... and I could not disagree more

where the interior did collapse ... Watt had Flowers on roller skates and he completely abandoned his technique flailing aimlessly like a rag doll with no feet under himself at all ... watch the play ... Watt was getting to the QB whether the interior collapsed or not

Flowers looked horrible
                                I couldn't disagree more. While I have been VERY critical on Flowers, he wasn't the problem last night. Neither of watts sacks were his fault, Ritchburg got flat out owned on the 1st one and was walked right into Johnson. The 2nd one Ritchburg looks like he missed his assignment when he was pulling
                                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Working...
                                X