Ereck Flowers and Bobby Hart didn't give up a single pressure last night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

I couldn't disagree more. While I have been VERY critical on Flowers, he wasn't the problem last night. Neither of watts sacks were his fault, Ritchburg got flat out owned on the 1st one and was walked right into Johnson. The 2nd one Ritchburg looks like he missed his assignment when he was pulling
    Richburgs assignment was nowhere near Watt ... he whiffed on 55 who was nowhere near the play

Flowers however completely ignored the DE who as lined up over him and blocked no one

either Perkins ran the wrong way and was supposed to chip or Flowers blew his assignment .. my money is on the latter

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post

and they're always defending the rest of the line like they're lighting it up. IMO
      It is hysterical to listen to them pontificate like they are the wise old men of the OL.
      Yesterday I heard Richburg say that "it takes time for the OL to gel but he likes what he has seen thus far."
      It doesn't take time when a group has been together for 3 years. He sounds like an idiot and the reporter should have drilled him for saying that.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I call bull****

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

It is hysterical to listen to them pontificate like they are the wise old men of the OL.
          Yesterday I heard Richburg say that "it takes time for the OL to gel but he likes what he has seen thus far."
          It doesn't take time when a group has been together for 3 years. He sounds like an idiot and the reporter should have drilled him for saying that.
          If it takes 3 years for an offensive line to gel, I would hate to know how long it takes them to mesh.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

If it takes 3 years for an offensive line to gel, I would hate to know how long it takes them to mesh.
            LOL
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
              Well there were other kinks in the Armor because their starting D was in our backyard what seemed like every play. Johnson had no chance
              Johnson had no chance because he is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

Richburgs assignment was nowhere near Watt ... he whiffed on 55 who was nowhere near the play

Flowers however completely ignored the DE who as lined up over him and blocked no one

either Perkins ran the wrong way and was supposed to chip or Flowers blew his assignment .. my money is on the latter
                1 play of the second Drive Flowers ran right by Watt. It was a missed assignment by EF or Perkins
                The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

I didn't get a chance to watch the game last night, so I'm watching it now. Flowers gave up a sack on the first drive. He then runs by Watt on the second drive providing him a clear path to the QB for his second snap. I'm not sure if this was by design, or if Flowers simply had a brain fart. Either way, Flowers definitely gave up some pressure.

It's a small sample in a preseason game, but the OL did nothing to alleviate my concerns. The interior continues to get pushed into the QB's lap and opens no holes in the run game, and the Tackles get beat by both speed and power rushers.....

......it's the same soup reheated.
                  NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                  Garrett Bolles - OT
                  David Njoku - TE
                  Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

1 play of the second Drive Flowers ran right by Watt. It was a missed assignment by EF or Perkins
                    flowers did exactly what he was supposed to do on a screen play...allow tj watt to go right by him...he went out to block in the second level and was in good position to complete his assignment on the play..... so unless it wasn't a screen play called...then that was perkins or johnson or both that screwed up... not flowers... flowers actually looked good pulling ... i can't imagine flowers just ran the wrong play lol but who knows. i wouldn't call it missed assignment by flowers, as that implies the right play was called but the execution was missed on the assignment... if it was flowers that messed up then he had the wrong play call entirely..

was an ugly rep for the offense there... but things like that are what the preseason is for.... that play actually does not concern me really
                    Last edited by bigpoppy; 08-12-2017, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

flowers did exactly what he was supposed to do on a screen play...allow tj watt to go right by him...he went out to block in the second level and was in good position to complete his assignment on the play..... so unless it wasn't a screen play called...then that was perkins or johnson or both that screwed up... not flowers... flowers actually looked good pulling ... i can't imagine flowers just ran the wrong play lol but who knows. i wouldn't call it missed assignment by flowers, as that implies the right play was called but the execution was missed on the assignment... if it was flowers that messed up then he had the wrong play call entirely..

was an ugly rep for the offense there... but things like that are what the preseason is for.... that play actually does not concern me really
                      it almost looks like they were trying to run that fake tunnel screen to the left then throw to the right play that the Steelers actually run like 5 times a game with Bell now that I look much closer

if that is the case then it is Pugh who's assignment was botched

we we will never know for sure ... but it definitely looks like that Steeler fake tunnel play

Comment

Originally posted by Jmulroy99 View Post

Watt didn't beat Flowers. Richburg got crushed by Hargrave I think and Johnson stepped up right into Watt.

As for the other Watt sack, we don't know who really gave that up. It was probably Flowers but who knows.

i thought Hart and Flowers were pretty solid last night.
                        Hart held his Own on these sacks. The first one, the de ran 20 yards around. The 2nd sack hart complete walled his assignment.

Then there was also that play where powe was open by himself in the end zone for at least 5 seconds.

Richberg and Pugh were very disappointing yestersay.
                        Last edited by DarkSaint; 08-12-2017, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Fluker is out there bullying folks. Seems to be moving bodies in the run game. He had one brain lapse on a double blitz, but besides that I thought he played pretty well.
                          NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                          Garrett Bolles - OT
                          David Njoku - TE
                          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post

Also if anyone watched the game, they would see Ereck Flowers and Bobby Hart played well.

I know everyone's reflex is too blame Flowers and Hart, but they weren't the problem last night
                            I watched the game. I wasnt horrified by their play, I was also not impressed by it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

If the scheme was not the issue there would be some difference when a different player is inserted . There is not . The only thing it could be is assignments. Flowers Hart and Wheeler were beat in the exact same way by Watt. (came unabated). The same kind of recurring issues were happening last season. It points to coaching , assignments or the scheme as a whole.. If blocking systems were the same across the board, Defensive OCs would have a field day with every O-line.
                              I'm telling you man. Protection schemes are all the same.

Comment

The interior of the OL is the problem, not the tackles.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X