X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nassib's First Impression Better Than Eli's

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...tter-than-elis

Excerpt: "In 2004, Eli Manning’s first practice at his first rookie minicamp with the Giants was epically awful. When it was over, the best thing Tom Coughlin could think to say of his lost-looking future franchise quarterback was that “He had excellent huddle command.”

Ryan Nassib, Coughlin’s latest rookie quarterback, has had a much better opening weekend than that.

“First day out he did a pretty good job of mastering just the nomenclature, the terminology,” Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said. “He didn’t seem overly confused by what we’re trying to do.”

Nassib, the Giants’ fourth-round pick out of Syracuse, looked pretty crisp in his two days of drills. Unlike Manning, who famously had a pass knocked down by a blocking dummy during one of his first workouts, Nassib seemed confident in the pocket and had few errant throws.

“I try to bring the playbook to wherever I’m at, whenever I can get my nose in it and read it and just understand it,” Nassib said. “I was fortunate where I kind of had an experience like this when I went to the Senior Bowl, where I had to learn a playbook in a week. So I kind of picked up some good study habits.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

OK Eli, the clock is ticking old man
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Eli needs to be benched by week 8 for Nassib.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
        Eli needs to be benched by week 8 for Nassib.
        That long?

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          That long?
          perhaps he'll leave in a huff. Who wants to be a glorified babysitter for the next franchise QB?

Comment

Calling Morehead, calling Harooni
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              Calling Morehead, calling Harooni
              LOL...

Well we have alot of upside with this Nassib kid. If he can make that typical college to pro transition... he might do well.

Comment

Nassib will be a G

Comment

People are paying too much attention to this guy, as of right now he's a non factor in terms of making the playoffs or going to the SB

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                    People are paying too much attention to this guy, as of right now he's a non factor in terms of making the playoffs or going to the SB
                    You don't know that. In 5 of 9 seasons in the Eli-Coughlin era, the Giants have either made or missed the playoffs by a single game in the standings, or by a tie-breaker. If Eli goes down for 1 game or 8 games, Nassib could well be the key factor when it comes to making the playoffs.

Comment

First Giants home loss.

"Nas-sib! Nas-sib! Nas-sib!"

Comment

Eli = Trade Bait

Comment

Sadly I knew all along Nas was a better prospect than Eli and at a much better Value , kudos to the coaching staff for bringing along Eli this far.

Comment

Eli is one of the best in the game, and the greatest Giant QB ever. But I don't understand why it's sacrilege to hope that Nassib could be even better than Eli.

And if at some point he's better, who do you trade?

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                              Sadly I knew all along Nas was a better prospect than Eli and at a much better Value , kudos to the coaching staff for bringing along Eli this far.
                              You really are always good for a laugh.

Comment

Working...
                              X