Season is OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
    RELAX! Lets see how they do next week before hitting the panic button!

I feel like this sounds familiar........

Oh wait....it's because it's been said after every game for the last 3 years, preseason and regular season.

Cool.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

yes well panic usually sets in continially until the gun goes
      off and we win the superbowl. then the following daypanic sets in that winning will cause a mass exit of free agents
      after all on these boards the sky is perpetually falling
      i had to laugh today when i saw one chicken little said we had no running backs

Comment

the season will go on either way....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Well this didn't take long
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

Albert was released by the Jags yesterday.
            Oh okay. So I say bring in both he and Mangold. For both of them sometimes a change of venue works wonders
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
              By who? I know he was let go by Jets back in Feb 2017. I thought he signed with another team but when I searched it said his status is a FA and only team he has ever been with is the Jets
              I'm talking about Albert. Mangold was released in February like you said.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                Well this didn't take long
                It usually doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
                  Just wanted to thank everyone here for saving me the time I would've spent watching this season but apparently there's no point, crazy that after just one preseason game it's already over but I guess that's just the way it goes.. from what I understand our 3 best offensive players would've made precisely zero difference last night (makes sense) so I guess we might as well just cut them and move on.. and I'm absolutely shocked to hear the oline hasn't improved, I was sure that with all our shiny new additions to it it would be a top tier unit, oh well.. its been a good ride Eli thanks for nothing you bum, literally couldnt even show up when it counted and that's all you will be remembered for
                  Just nonsense...nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.M.C. VET View Post

Just nonsense...nothing more.
                    I think he was being sarcastic .
                    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Bye Felicia...

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

I'm talking about Albert. Mangold was released in February like you said.
                        Reese needs to bring in both for look. Can't be worse then what they steal putting on the field now
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

I feel like this sounds familiar........

Oh wait....it's because it's been said after every game for the last 3 years, preseason and regular season.

Cool.
                          Well...Yeah because we have YOUNG Lineman still trying to develop so yeah 3 years later with Flowers and Hart going into their 3rd Years (Ironically) this is usually the year you hope guys start to figure things out, find their way and have break out seasons. I think they can but I understand if fans are not as confident, most fans don't have the patients to let young guys DEVELOP we want to see greatness right away like with Odell Beckham Jr

Comment

Originally posted by free agent View Post
                            Giants really have no running back as good as most teams. Paul Perkins is much too slow hitting the holes. Giants need to draft a RB in first round in 2018,
                            +1

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
                              Just wanted to thank everyone here for saving me the time I would've spent watching this season but apparently there's no point, crazy that after just one preseason game it's already over but I guess that's just the way it goes.. from what I understand our 3 best offensive players would've made precisely zero difference last night (makes sense) so I guess we might as well just cut them and move on.. and I'm absolutely shocked to hear the oline hasn't improved, I was sure that with all our shiny new additions to it it would be a top tier unit, oh well.. its been a good ride Eli thanks for nothing you bum, literally couldnt even show up when it counted and that's all you will be remembered for
                              I certainly have concerns about the O-line, and personally I think they are legitimate. That doesn't mean I have given up on the season, just that I think there is room for improvement.

However, considering that you along with many others have stated that the only reason Eli struggled last year was because of the O-line, a lack of clear improvement should be a pretty big concern, no?

I personally am not panicking after just one preseason game, but until we see improvement, I don't think concern over the offense is unwarranted.
                              My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Wow - this has to be a record....giving up so easily? Really people?

Comment

Working...
                                X