X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out OBJ

Who does this?

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/896137703321812992
    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

I love things that have no point

he wants the ooohs and aaahs

I have no problem with giving fans what they want truly ... it's all in fun

Comment

Anyone with NFL grade gloves apparently, everyone is allowed to use them except Odell
      If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

There is a point, to him that's warm ups

No he's not gonna catch a ball exactly like that but he's training awkward/unorthadox catches, if a corner is holding one of his arms he could just give up and take the flag or he could do something like this and take advantage of the free play, if it weren't for him practicing stuff like this.. the greatest catch in NFL history doesn't happen

Thin​​​​​​k it's a bit judgemental to firmly think in his mind he's just doing it for the crowds reaction, would bet money he adamantly BELEIVES this helps him
        Last edited by Eliordie; 08-12-2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

reminds pre game before the refs would come out before a basketball game. We'd have dunk contests and get the crowd hyped

Comment

back handed one handed catch is impressive, not sure i've seen it back handed like that before... face it odell made the one handed catch a common thing worldwide..kids all over the world are copying him...it is what he is most known for. agree 100% with YA, give the kids a show

odell changed football forever
            also every receiver now regularly practices catching one handed, whereas in the past we were always taught to catch with two hands and one handed catching got us yelled at from parents and the coaches.... not any more

dude changed the game forever
            Last edited by bigpoppy; 08-12-2017, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post

There is a point, to him that's warm ups

No he's not gonna catch a ball exactly like that but he's training awkward/unorthadox catches, if a corner is holding one of his arms he could just give up and take the flag or he could do something like this and take advantage of the free play, if it weren't for him practicing stuff like this.. the greatest catch in NFL history doesn't happen

Thin​​​​​​k it's a bit judgemental to firmly think in his mind he's just doing it for the crowds reaction, would bet money he adamantly BELEIVES this helps him
              thats a warm up

ok

gotcha ... good stuff

Comment

thats a warm up

ok

gotcha ... good stuff
                most definitely for the crowd and the ooohs and ahhs

Comment

thats a warm up

ok

gotcha ... good stuff
                  I'm sorry but how is it not? Cause he'll never do it in a game? Don't be so sure because everybody said the same thing about "the catch" and...

Again if a corner holds one of his arms on a crossing route and he makes this catch and takes it to the house.. think it was worth it...

Guarantee he looks at is as a warm up for his hands, and who are you to tell him how to get himself ready? Think he knows what he's doing

It's mainl​​​​​​y about catching with unorthodox hand positioning and having the confidence to do it when need be, which he can unlike anybody else

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown View Post

most definitely for the crowd and the ooohs and ahhs
                    100%

the kid is a showdog ... I have nothing against it

I've stood and watched it myself many times ... the kids love it

but to say somehow that it is a necessary warm up is very very silly

Comment

I'm sorry but how is it not? Cause he'll never do it in a game? Don't be so sure because everybody said the same thing about "the catch" and...

Again if a corner holds one of his arms on a crossing route and he makes this catch and takes it to the house.. think it was worth it...

Guarantee he looks at is as a warm up for his hands, and who are you to tell him how to get himself ready? Think he knows what he's doing

It's mainl​​​​​​y about catching with unorthodox hand positioning and having the confidence to do it when need be
                      awesome ... totally necessary

gotcha

Comment

100%

No one said necessary, but to be a god of his standing you and I both know you need to go well beyond what's simply "necessary"

Comment

100%

yea. I did the same thing when I was his age. I didn't need to warm up my legs when I was pulling Vince carteresque dunks pre game. It was all for the crowd period

Comment

It's NECESSARY for me to learn basic chords and scales but that's not gonna make me Jimi Hendrix

This​​​​​​ is Jimi Hendrix on a football field, doing things no one has ever seen before.. if he only did it in warmups than ok.. but he does it in games and his hands are ready for any situation.. im sorry but don't get what's hard to grasp about this
                            Last edited by Eliordie; 08-12-2017, 01:20 PM.

Comment

No one said necessary, but to be a god of his standing you and I both know you need to go well beyond what's simply "necessary"
                              oh absolutely ... I'm with you all the way ...

hopefully next week he will run on his hands and catch the ball with his feet ... you never know when that situation might show up in a game ... gotta be prepared for it all .. ya know?

while they are at it Eli should start throwing to him from a horizontal position on his way to the ground since that will most likely happen often in games as well

we are on to something here

Comment

Working...
                              X