Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why All The Noise Already?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why All The Noise Already?

    I dont believe some of these posts I am reading! Normally I dont even get going on anything until after the preseason but damn....some of you guys got to calm down already. You all know damn well that the first couple of games everybody is usually all over the place and it is one huge mess...how long have we been watching football? The cuts will start and then by at least the third game then we will have a pretty good idea of where we are going to be at. All the premature negativity has got to take a back seat right now. People judging the entire season by last nights PRESEASON game is just nonsense and uncalled for. Perkins will do just fine and when we have our real QB and WRs out there it will be even better. Oops...Im sorry I forgot...Gino beat out Eli for the starting job. Thats it...SEASON OVER, FIRE MAC, TRADE ODB...BLAH,BLAH,BLAH...CMON MAN....SERIOUSLY?

  • #2
    is this about people discussing poor o line play ?

    if so I haven't seen anyone cry about anything ... simply discussing the truth

    has this o line not been poor for years ?

    were we not warning everyone about the o line during the preseason the last couple season only to be told " it's only preseason calm down" ? ... even though we were completely calm simply stating facts

    nothing is over

    the Giants look like a loaded team with a ****ty o line ... that's it

    why do some take people discussing the truth as "whining" or "crying" or "noise" ...? ... very strange

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
      is this about people discussing poor o line play ?

      if so I haven't seen anyone cry about anything ... simply discussing the truth

      has this o line not been poor for years ?

      were we not warning everyone about the o line during the preseason the last couple season only to be told " it's only preseason calm down" ? ... even though we were completely calm simply stating facts

      nothing is over

      the Giants look like a loaded team with a ****ty o line ... that's it

      why do some take people discussing the truth as "whining" or "crying" or "noise" ...? ... very strange
      Your correct. It is not complaining it is observation.
      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by U.S.M.C. VET View Post
        I dont believe some of these posts I am reading! Normally I dont even get going on anything until after the preseason but damn....some of you guys got to calm down already. You all know damn well that the first couple of games everybody is usually all over the place and it is one huge mess...how long have we been watching football? The cuts will start and then by at least the third game then we will have a pretty good idea of where we are going to be at. All the premature negativity has got to take a back seat right now. People judging the entire season by last nights PRESEASON game is just nonsense and uncalled for. Perkins will do just fine and when we have our real QB and WRs out there it will be even better. Oops...Im sorry I forgot...Gino beat out Eli for the starting job. Thats it...SEASON OVER, FIRE MAC, TRADE ODB...BLAH,BLAH,BLAH...CMON MAN....SERIOUSLY?
        Not one person posted anything about this after last nights game.. It is the O-line. We all want it to get better .At the same time there is reason for concern.
        The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
          is this about people discussing poor o line play ?

          if so I haven't seen anyone cry about anything ... simply discussing the truth

          has this o line not been poor for years ?

          were we not warning everyone about the o line during the preseason the last couple season only to be told " it's only preseason calm down" ? ... even though we were completely calm simply stating facts

          nothing is over

          the Giants look like a loaded team with a ****ty o line ... that's it

          why do some take people discussing the truth as "whining" or "crying" or "noise" ...? ... very strange
          I dont want to call certain posters out but you can read them and see what I am talking about...it is foolish to make certain comments after the FIRST PRESEASON GAME...unless the said individual is trolling. However I believe to make these observations is way premature and most of these guys are going to be shown the door soon. Dont let it hit you on the way out is what I say every year. I will make my educated observations after game 3.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by U.S.M.C. VET View Post

            I dont want to call certain posters out but you can read them and see what I am talking about...it is foolish to make certain comments after the FIRST PRESEASON GAME...unless the said individual is trolling. However I believe to make these observations is way premature and most of these guys are going to be shown the door soon. Dont let it hit you on the way out is what I say every year. I will make my educated observations after game 3.
            check this out ... I'll make a bold statement after preseason game one ... same one I made last season after preseason game one

            this o line will not be good at all

            clearly I'm a genius

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

              check this out ... I'll make a bold statement after preseason game one ... same one I made last season after preseason game one

              this o line will not be good at all

              clearly I'm a genius
              That is a fair statement we all know this and have been yelling about it for a while now, but I think it is not fair to discredit the talent of other players and the impact that they could make this year...all based on a crappy line. We are gonna win games.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by U.S.M.C. VET View Post

                That is a fair statement we all know this and have been yelling about it for a while now, but I think it is not fair to discredit the talent of other players and the impact that they could make this year...all based on a crappy line. We are gonna win games.
                We had the same ****ty line last year (with the exact same ****ty players) and won 11 games.
                Our defense is at least as good as last year's and probably better.
                We have added some really good pieces in Marshall and Engram along with upgrades at TE beyond Engram.
                There is no reason we won't win a bunch of games this year and fight for a playoff spot.

                HOWEVER, if we don't make the playoffs it will be because of this OL plain and simple.
                There will be a moment where moving forward to or deeper into the playoffs will require that we either convert a 3rd and 1 or protect Eli for 5 seconds on 3rd and 15. Like YA I have zero confidence that this cast of clowns aka the OL can be counted on to deliver in that moment.

                This is not gloom and doom, it is cold hard analysis of our strengths and weaknesses.
                No one remembers who came in second.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jomo View Post

                  We had the same ****ty line last year (with the exact same ****ty players) and won 11 games.
                  Our defense is at least as good as last year's and probably better.
                  We have added some really good pieces in Marshall and Engram along with upgrades at TE beyond Engram.
                  There is no reason we won't win a bunch of games this year and fight for a playoff spot.

                  HOWEVER, if we don't make the playoffs it will be because of this OL plain and simple.
                  There will be a moment where moving forward to or deeper into the playoffs will require that we either convert a 3rd and 1 or protect Eli for 5 seconds on 3rd and 15. Like YA I have zero confidence that this cast of clowns aka the OL can be counted on to deliver in that moment.

                  This is not gloom and doom, it is cold hard analysis of our strengths and weaknesses.
                  Remember, I was yelling about the line with everyone else as well...and will yell with everyone else again when that time is upon us.I still know that the line is going to be better than last night....all those fools everyone saw out there is not our permanent personel. Cuts are on the way...do people forget about that or what?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by U.S.M.C. VET View Post

                    That is a fair statement we all know this and have been yelling about it for a while now, but I think it is not fair to discredit the talent of other players and the impact that they could make this year...all based on a crappy line. We are gonna win games.
                    Yes, the team will win games, but that isn't the issue. The issue is and has been the play of the OL. Last night did nothing to indicate that this year's version of the OL will be any better than last year's version.

                    It is only one game, but until I see improvement, then I have no reason to believe that things will be better.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What pissed me off is I think this team has the talent to go deep in the playoffs. The troublesome part is the offensive line can prevent this team from making the playoffs. What a predicament.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by U.S.M.C. VET View Post

                        Remember, I was yelling about the line with everyone else as well...and will yell with everyone else again when that time is upon us.I still know that the line is going to be better than last night....all those fools everyone saw out there is not our permanent personel. Cuts are on the way...do people forget about that or what?
                        Who they going to cut? Richberg, Pugh, Jerry, Hart, Fluker, Flowers?? And replace them with who?
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                        # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                        1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                        ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by U.S.M.C. VET View Post

                          Remember, I was yelling about the line with everyone else as well...and will yell with everyone else again when that time is upon us.I still know that the line is going to be better than last night....all those fools everyone saw out there is not our permanent personel. Cuts are on the way...do people forget about that or what?
                          The first team line was not encouraging. Giving up 2 sacks to a rookie was not what you want to see in the first minutes of the game.
                          The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by U.S.M.C. VET View Post

                            Remember, I was yelling about the line with everyone else as well...and will yell with everyone else again when that time is upon us.I still know that the line is going to be better than last night....all those fools everyone saw out there is not our permanent personel. Cuts are on the way...do people forget about that or what?
                            We will in fact have a better team than last year but we also have a tougher schedule. I worry (with good cause) about the Achilles heal aka the OL keeping us from a legitimate run at the Lombardi Trophy. The rest of this team is that good imo. So if I sound a little crazed it is because of that. We don't have this much talent often and we are going to be saddled with a ****ty OL again for about the 5th year in a row now.
                            No one remembers who came in second.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jomo View Post

                              We will in fact have a better team than last year but we also have a tougher schedule. I worry (with good cause) about the Achilles heal aka the OL keeping us from a legitimate run at the Lombardi Trophy. The rest of this team is that good imo. So if I sound a little crazed it is because of that. We don't have this much talent often and we are going to be saddled with a ****ty OL again for about the 5th year in a row now.
                              I understand the legitimate concerns. I share them with you. My post was geared more toward expressing my displeasure with a few absurd comments made in another post...maybe I should have responded there instead of starting this one...I got mad.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X