No announcement yet.

Why All The Noise Already?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah 11-5 with this line last year blah blah....

Eli Manning doesn't deserve better at this point?

Whatever I hope those of us concerned about the O line again are wrong.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.M.C. VET View Post

I understand the legitimate concerns. I share them with you. My post was geared more toward expressing my displeasure with a few absurd comments made in another post...maybe I should have responded there instead of starting this one...I got mad.
      It is always best to ignore the fringe crazies.
      I used to remind people that they could be involved in a heated argument with a 14 year old from Moscow. If you view it that way, the fringe comments will sail past you easier.
      Go Blue and thank you for your service to this country.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Don't stop USMC, call out the too-early negative posts. You could go back to preseason in 2007 and 2011 and find the same.

With all the "expert" yapping, I'm liking our chances.

Comment

I'd be very disappointed if I stopped by the boards and didn't find at least one thread from someone telling other people what they're supposed to post, and how they're supposed to feel. That would be a sad day indeed

Thank you, OP, for keeping the daily trend going and reminding all of us to keep falling in line with your expectations.
          The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
            Don't stop USMC, call out the too-early negative posts. You could go back to preseason in 2007 and 2011 and find the same.

You have a negative poster every day.
            Facts are not negative.

I sorry what I witnessed in the first 7 minutes of that game was unacceptable. A rookie in his first game ever in the NFL sacking one of our QBs twice against our starting front. That is not negative that is fact. If anyone finds that heart warming . God bless you. Rookie Watt is no Von Miller. What is he going to do?
            The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

I dont believe some of these posts I am reading! Normally I dont even get going on anything until after the preseason but damn....some of you guys got to calm down already. You all know damn well that the first couple of games everybody is usually all over the place and it is one huge mess...how long have we been watching football? The cuts will start and then by at least the third game then we will have a pretty good idea of where we are going to be at. All the premature negativity has got to take a back seat right now. People judging the entire season by last nights PRESEASON game is just nonsense and uncalled for. Perkins will do just fine and when we have our real QB and WRs out there it will be even better. Oops...Im sorry I forgot...Gino beat out Eli for the starting job. Thats it...SEASON OVER, FIRE MAC, TRADE ODB...BLAH,BLAH,BLAH...CMON MAN....SERIOUSLY?
              This is your first preseason game on this board, isn't it? Hang onto your ***....you think it's bad now, just wait til our first regular season loss. We'll be in full panic mode then!
              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                I'd be very disappointed if I stopped by the boards and didn't find at least one thread from someone telling other people what they're supposed to post, and how they're supposed to feel. That would be a sad day indeed

Thank you, OP, for keeping the daily trend going and reminding all of us to keep falling in line with your expectations.
                Not telling people what to post or how to post...but nonsense is nonsense...no other way to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post

This is your first preseason game on this board, isn't it? Hang onto your ***....you think it's bad now, just wait til our first regular season loss. We'll be in full panic mode then!
                  You got it....I am sure I will be screaming really bad...you will witness my foolishness...I hate to lose.

Comment

Interesting point, in 2007 I remember having a conversation with a guy at work and we were very excited about the possibilities that year. I remember distinctly walking through the winning scenario possibilities and it included the emergence of that OL which ultimately happened. It didn't take that group 3 years to come together.

Comment

Not telling people what to post or how to post...but nonsense is nonsense...no other way to look at it.
                      So expressing disappointment with the utter failure of the starting OL is nonsense, and should not be permitted, as it destroys your sunshine and rainbows outlook on the team. Duly noted
                      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

So expressing disappointment with the utter failure of the starting OL is nonsense, and should not be permitted, as it destroys your sunshine and rainbows outlook on the team. Duly noted
                        The OP did clarify earlier that he was reflecting on some over the top stuff from some other posts like "fire the coach" etc. He also said he should have taken it up there, inside those posts. It would have been more to the point at the "point of attack" so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

Interesting point, in 2007 I remember having a conversation with a guy at work and we were very excited about the possibilities that year. I remember distinctly walking through the winning scenario possibilities and it included the emergence of that OL which ultimately happened. It didn't take that group 3 years to come together.
                          I'm seeing the same things as everyone else here, but I have a different take. Yes, the OL still looks bad at times, but it also looks 100% better than last pre-season.

We won 11 games last year with a marginal offense. If the D is 90% what it was last year and the O can improve even 20% we will have a playoff contending team. And barring injuries, I don't see how this O will not be significantly better than last year.

Comment

I'm seeing the same things as everyone else here, but I have a different take. Yes, the OL still looks bad at times, but it also looks 100% better than last pre-season.

We won 11 games last year with a marginal offense. If the D is 90% what it was last year and the O can improve even 20% we will have a playoff contending team. And barring injuries, I don't see how this O will not be significantly better than last year.
                            They'll once again be one and done in the playoffs, if they happen to make it, with a poor OL. I dont care how many weapons they have, it's not going to matter if the QB has no confidence in his blockers and doesn't connect with those weapons. The defense was very good, but not so good that they can handle any team without help from the offense.

Comment

They'll once again be one and done in the playoffs, if they happen to make it, with a poor OL. I dont care how many weapons they have, it's not going to matter if the QB has no confidence in his blockers and doesn't connect with those weapons. The defense was very good, but not so good that they can handle any team without help from the offense.
                              You could not script it better.
                              The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Look, dont try to lure me in to an argument because Im not going to buy in....and Im not all sunshine and rainbows about this team. My outlook is similar to DandyDon and jomo in reference to especially the 2011 team...I was sweating bullets with those guys. Screw the crappy line talk. I learned in the military your mind can take you a long way. If these guys are creampuffs this year we will find out real quick. But if they stand up against the rising of the tide then what? You still gonna come at me like you are? Thats ok... I can hack it...been through a lot worse. As for you...you can sit and watch with the rest of us and if you are wrong I will look forward to your wonderful posts about the line and how great a job they did this year. See what I mean....it aint over till its over.

Comment

Working...
                                X