Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landon Collins sticks to his word, ‘starts season off fast’ with stellar play against Steelers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landon Collins sticks to his word, ‘starts season off fast’ with stellar play against Steelers

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3405069

Excerpt: "Landon Collins said he was flying to the ball to start the Giants’ preseason opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers Friday night because he is “coming out of the gate blazing” in the 2017 NFL season.

The All-Pro safety said he told his position coach he was “too flat” to start the 2016 regular season when it came to making big plays, so he is determined to turn it up from day one this year.

“I’m trying to start the season off fast,” Collins said after making four solo tackles on just 10 snaps in Friday night’s 20-12 preseason loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

“I didn’t set the tone quick enough last season, so I’m coming out the gate this time blazing. I feel like I was on the backburner for the longest until we played the Rams (in London) and then I got the recognition. I’d been doing the same thing just not the big plays. Now I’ve got to start off quicker making those plays.”

Collins started dominating on the Steelers’ first play from scrimmage by ambushing running back Fitzgerald Toussaint for a one-yard loss. Then on second down Collins chased down and walloped wideout JuJu Smith-Schuster out of bounds to limit his reception to a four-yard gain.

Coach Ben McAdoo after the game called Collins “a hammer” because he’s “always around the ball.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Best safety in football.

Comment

He looks GREAT!
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Hes a rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
          Hes a rocket.
          He's one of those guys who is everywhere and this time he's on our team!
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

So glad he is a Giant.
            The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

He's one of those guys who is everywhere and this time he's on our team!
              Well said. We will all be saying the same thing about Tomlinson very soon. He's out of the same mold at Bama
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
                Best safety in football.

looking for him to cap that off this season. hes already a great player.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm watching the game now. I think he's made every defensive play in the first two series.

NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                  Garrett Bolles - OT
                  David Njoku - TE
                  Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Any one mind if we sort of took it easy with him during preseason? I wouldn't play him mor3 than 10 snaps a game I would want to make sure he stays aggressive for the reg season by not asking him to play cautiously during the preseason
                    I don't need to learn about him he's set. If anything give the other safeties more time to see who stands out

Comment

Working...
                    X