Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerrel Jernigan could fill Victor Cruz void for Giants (NFL.com)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerrel Jernigan could fill Victor Cruz void for Giants (NFL.com)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...oid-for-giants

New York Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride admits he hasn't given the Victor Cruz situation a lot of thought. Cruz has yet to sign his $2.879 million contract tender. Gilbride has nothing to do with the business end of things, and he's staying out of it. Instead, the coach looks to what he does have. The absence of Cruz means an opportunity for third-year wideout Jerrel Jernigan.

"I'm certainly looking forward to (Cruz) being back, I don't want to give any impression contrary to that, but certainly I'm looking forward to what J.J. can do inside," Gilbride said, via the Giants' official website. "I think it's about time he steps up and we feel he has enough ability and he's been here long enough.

"Until Victor gets back he'll be the main guy inside at the slot position. It's a chance for him to shine and step forward and do the things that we believe he can do."

This is not the first time Gilbride has talked up Jernigan as a potential difference-maker for the Giants. Jernigan appeared in just nine games last season, finishing with three catches for 22 yards.

Don't expect Cruz to get Wally Pipp'd out of his job in the slot. Jernigan has failed to make an impact in his first two seasons. Any extra reps he might receive will provide the opportunity to show he still belongs.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post

New York Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride admits he hasn't given the Victor Cruz situation a lot of thought. Cruz has yet to sign his $2.879 million contract tender. Gilbride has nothing to do with the business end of things, and he's staying out of it. Instead, the coach looks to what he does have. The absence of Cruz means an opportunity for third-year wideout Jerrel Jernigan.

"I'm certainly looking forward to (Cruz) being back, I don't want to give any impression contrary to that, but certainly I'm looking forward to what J.J. can do inside," Gilbride said, via the Giants' official website. "I think it's about time he steps up and we feel he has enough ability and he's been here long enough.

"Until Victor gets back he'll be the main guy inside at the slot position. It's a chance for him to shine and step forward and do the things that we believe he can do."

This is not the first time Gilbride has talked up Jernigan as a potential difference-maker for the Giants. Jernigan appeared in just nine games last season, finishing with three catches for 22 yards.

Don't expect Cruz to get Wally Pipp'd out of his job in the slot. Jernigan has failed to make an impact in his first two seasons. Any extra reps he might receive will provide the opportunity to show he still belongs.
    first off, that's a lie

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
      first off, that's a lie
      lol, there are about 30 statements in that article, are you referring to all of them?
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
        lol, there are about 30 statements in that article, are you referring to all of them?
        ahh.. The bolded one

Comment

(Yawn) Slow day at NFL.com I guess.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
            ahh.. The bolded one
            ..............Ahah! In that case I agree.
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I just posted the article text. I'm choosing to refrain from commenting on it... because of my biased opinion about killdrive.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Cruz wouldn't be on the field now even if he were making $20M per year. We all want to see what Jernigan has to offer, I hope he takes advantage of every opportunity. As for Jernigan "replacing" Cruz, that's not what Gilbride said.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

JJ is looking more like JJ from " Good Times " DYNOMITE !

Comment

If I was KG I wouldn't be to worried either...atleast not the way he publically worried when we let Smith go. Look the slot position in his scheme has created two pro-bowl WR's. Don't get it twisted I want Cruz, I think he is a great talent but we cant blowup our cap space especially with Nicks contract right around the corner. Cruz better be careful though bc if JJ shows he's more than capable of playing the position it will hurt Cruz in contract talks.

Comment

This should be fun. If he doesn't sign the team should just quit according to some.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post

Yes Jerrigan can fill in for cruz like hixon can fill in for plax. Dont worry about adjusting kg
                        Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Other than everyone comparing him unfairly to Moss why can he not fill in?

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                            Other than everyone comparing him unfairly to Moss why can he not fill in?
                            The answer is he can, the question is will he
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              The answer is he can, the question is will he
                              Of course. Don't think anyone said he is a guarantee. If they thought that way there would be no offer for Cruz.

Comment

Working...
                              X