Cribbs deciding between 4 teams..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cribbs deciding between 4 teams..

Profootballtalk reports free agent Josh Cribbs is deciding between the Lions, Raiders, Giants and Jets.
    Cribbs is in the Motor City on Monday after visiting Oakland and both New York teams last week. He'll be signed for his special-teams prowess, not his receiving ability. Related: Lions, Giants, Jets, Raiders
    Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Would we have the option to keep him on the roster as just a returner though? We most likely will have 3 QBs on the roster this year too. And possibly 6 DTs. Not sure we could keep a guy who can only return kids, as good as he is.
    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

I'd take him if we had salary cap space .............but we don't. The money can be put to better use along the OL or LB or even at DB.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        Would we have the option to keep him on the roster as just a returner though? We most likely will have 3 QBs on the roster this year too. And possibly 6 DTs. Not sure we could keep a guy who can only return kids, as good as he is.
        I doubt that.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

and he could be our WR5.. would probally be the end of JJ

Comment

I think he will go to the team that presents the best chance for him to get on the field as more than just a return guy. I am only guessing here but I do not think that is the case here in NY.
            sigpic

Comment

His best bet would be to go to Detroit who is at least an up and coming team. I can't imagine him going to the Raiders or Jests unless he is strictly looking for a paycheck. I'd imagine that he would be thrilled to be a Giant and at least have a chance of winning a SB but realistically where does he fit in here?

Comment

hahaha from those teams, it should be a no brainer... this kid is money hungry probably.

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                  and he could be our WR5.. would probally be the end of JJ
                  thank god
                  sigpic
                  FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Lions Raiders Jets or Giants? Depends if he wants to win a superbowl. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Comment

if wilson isnt handling kick offs, Cribbs is about the next best option. Can he be a gunner?

Comment

and lmfao...it'd mean nothing for JJ. what r u remnants holding onto the JJ hate for? the guys whose opinion actually matters, like KG, all speak highly of him and are excited to see what he can do if cruz no shows...

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                          I doubt that.
                          Why wouldnt we? We aren't going into the year with Nassib as Eli's only backup.
                          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Why wouldnt we? We aren't going into the year with Nassib as Eli's only backup.
                            According to Coughin and co. He's competing for the backup position.
                            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

People need to realize that Carr most likely isn't going to be kicked to the curb unless Nassib is able to show that he can handle all of Carrs duties and has as good of an understanding of our system as Carr has. It's not just what you see on the field. I've heard our coaches throw words like "invaluable" around when talking about the benefit that Carr provides in practices. Chances are we DO carry 3 QB's this year. It's very likely that Nassib is holding Eli's clipboard on Sundays and being mentored by Carr during the week.

Comment

Working...
                              X