Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ereck Flowers will be the starting Left Tackle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ereck Flowers will be the starting Left Tackle

    ...in 2018.

    And there won't be any competition at that spot. He'll be handed the job in Year 4 just like Years 1-3

  • #2
    I agree with you.

    Except I'm not so sure about 2018. It depends on what happens this year.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
      ...in 2018.

      And there won't be any competition at that spot. He'll be handed the job in Year 4 just like Years 1-3
      Yeah, and hes like the bizzaro John Jerry. Great at run blocking, intermittent at pass blocking. And somehow JJ still has a job.

      The only difference is JJ ALWAYS stinks at run blocking.

      Go figure.

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree with the OP on this one. Our OTs are bad but they are young. I don't see changes coming anytime soon. If the Giants were going to add an OT. I Think they would have when Corbin Bryant was placed on IR.

        IMO:
        I don't see anyone worth brining in. Branden Albert and Ryan Clady are both most likely retired and not that much of an upgrade.
        The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't really understand the purpose of this thread. Opening day 2017 is only weeks away and the Giants have a team that looks like it will be a strong contender for a playoff spot. Why is anyone even worried about 2018? Flowers is young and talented. Let's just hope he finds some improvement this year. He does not need to be a pro bowler...Just competent.

          Decisions on 2018 are 8 months away.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

            Yeah, and hes like the bizzaro John Jerry. Great at run blocking, intermittent at pass blocking. And somehow JJ still has a job.

            The only difference is JJ ALWAYS stinks at run blocking.

            Go figure.


            haha

            Flowers is not a great run-blocker. He is inconsistent at it.

            Good? Yes. Great? No.

            Comment


            • #7
              What can we do to help Flowers and paper over his deficiencies, RB help? we Have a backing TE on the roster we are going to have to give him help and protect Eli

              Any suggestions thoughts?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post



                haha

                Flowers is not a great run-blocker. He is inconsistent at it.

                Good? Yes. Great? No.
                And JJ is a horrible run blocker. Not marginal, not bad, but horrible. His main talent is being able to back up slowly. Going forward not so much.

                haha

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

                  And JJ is a horrible run blocker. Not marginal, not bad, but horrible. His main talent is being able to back up slowly. Going forward not so much.

                  haha
                  Wrong.

                  Starting RG in 2017 2018 2019.

                  Deal with it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
                    ...in 2018.

                    And there won't be any competition at that spot. He'll be handed the job in Year 4 just like Years 1-3
                    and this is news how??
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think if he falters this year, the kid gloves will be off and they will bring in competition. Next years draft is loaded with potential top level LTs.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                        I think if he falters this year, the kid gloves will be off and they will bring in competition. Next years draft is loaded with potential top level LTs.
                        Any available at pick 32?

                        It will all depend on how he plays this year. Bisnowaty will push Hart for the RT job next year and they will have to find someone to push Flowers in the draft because I doubt any LTs will be there in free agency. If they were going to bring in a OT this year they could have grabbed Pasztor who was unsigned until late last week, they didn't.
                        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                        "Next man up"

                        "I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

                          Any available at pick 32?

                          It will all depend on how he plays this year. Bisnowaty will push Hart for the RT job next year and they will have to find someone to push Flowers in the draft because I doubt any LTs will be there in free agency. If they were going to bring in a OT this year they could have grabbed Pasztor who was unsigned until late last week, they didn't.
                          At Pick 32, well, that would be a high quality problem, wouldn't it?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

                            Any available at pick 32?

                            It will all depend on how he plays this year. Bisnowaty will push Hart for the RT job next year and they will have to find someone to push Flowers in the draft because I doubt any LTs will be there in free agency. If they were going to bring in a OT this year they could have grabbed Pasztor who was unsigned until late last week, they didn't.
                            My guess is if we win a title, that Flowers and the OL as a whole has improved. My worry is that the OL will hold us back to getting to that point. But I have done some film study on the 2018 OL class and I have 9 OL with a 1st round grade. The class is very good. 7 of the 9 are OTs, so options will be there.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Of course we all knew that going in. This is his make it or break it year. They still have him for 2 years under the rookie contract if they wish but they don't have to keep him in the 5th year which is an option. If he doesn't make it this year they have an option of moving him to Guard to see how he does there. plus the flexibility to move him back to LT if necessary.

                              So that's it we all knew this for months, no move in FA or the draft.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X