Ereck Flowers will be the starting Left Tackle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.co...k-2017-outlook

people would likely be screaming right now, had reese drafted that guy.... basically he is E Flowers 2.0 so far....

garett bolles OTOH seems to be doing well with denver

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/...ng-left-tackle

yup... not a surprise at all

Comment

Anyone that thinks Flowers had a good game is either 1) so used to bad o-line play that they are happy with mediocrity or 2) have no idea what they are looking at when it comes to football.

Flowers got owned by 2 rookies he is not a good LT and I highly doubt he would be a good guard. His feet are terrible, he steps backwards before moving forwards, his hands are way to far outside, and he holds on just about every play he is also slow out of his stance but that could be because his first step is backwards before moving forwards, I haven't been able to figure it out. He is a BUST, it a crying shame that he was thrust into the LT Position as a rookie, that in and of itself could have ruined him or is gave him the bad habits/technique problems he is showing.

Why Reese has never brought in any competition at that particular position is beyond reason and common sense. I really feel that Reese has an ego problem and that is why he insists on playing Flowers at LT and hasn't brought in competition at the position. He drafted him at LT if he cant play LT than Reese failed at that decision, come hell or high water Flowers is the LT because I say he is the LT and no one is going to tell me any different. That is the way it is looking and Reese has to own this. So the way he owns it is keep playing him there until he gets hurt or Eli gets hurt, problem with that thinking is he may be the reason we don't go to the Super Bowl this season.

We have a SB Caliber team except for this atrocious O Line. Flowers is a BUST no doubt in my mind
      "The Truth Shall Set You Free"

Comment

Originally posted by BackOfficeGM View Post
        Anyone that thinks Flowers had a good game is either 1) so used to bad o-line play that they are happy with mediocrity or 2) have no idea what they are looking at when it comes to football.

Flowers got owned by 2 rookies he is not a good LT and I highly doubt he would be a good guard. His feet are terrible, he steps backwards before moving forwards, his hands are way to far outside, and he holds on just about every play he is also slow out of his stance but that could be because his first step is backwards before moving forwards, I haven't been able to figure it out. He is a BUST, it a crying shame that he was thrust into the LT Position as a rookie, that in and of itself could have ruined him or is gave him the bad habits/technique problems he is showing.

Why Reese has never brought in any competition at that particular position is beyond reason and common sense. I really feel that Reese has an ego problem and that is why he insists on playing Flowers at LT and hasn't brought in competition at the position. He drafted him at LT if he cant play LT than Reese failed at that decision, come hell or high water Flowers is the LT because I say he is the LT and no one is going to tell me any different. That is the way it is looking and Reese has to own this. So the way he owns it is keep playing him there until he gets hurt or Eli gets hurt, problem with that thinking is he may be the reason we don't go to the Super Bowl this season.

We have a SB Caliber team except for this atrocious O Line. Flowers is a BUST no doubt in my mind
        What two rookies did Flowers get owned by?

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

As someone who was happy with the Bisnowaty draft pick, he has been pretty disappointing so far. He had some awful plays last week where he left our QBs running for their lives. Tonight he let a few guys blow right by him again. There was one run play to his side where he just totally didn't event attempt to block the DE and the RB was tackled for a loss in the backfield. He may make the team but I was hoping for better. Hopefully he improves.
          I actually believe he played better last week, this week there were a few plays where he looked lost. It's totally understandable for a 6th round pick, I think he'll be a good player, in time
          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

What two rookies did Flowers get owned by?
            That's a good question since he didn't allow a sack in the 1st game and allowed 1 to the #1 overall pick
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Giantterp View Post

Ok. I can live with you thinking that Mack would have been a better pick, but still think you got to be exaggerating a bit on the historically bad pick. Every GM passed on Mack at least 3 times too.

Not to mention, Gallman was really the one bright spot on offense tonight. Would not be surprised if he gets a lot of work next week and he makes this roster. I know folks at Clemson that said he was greatly under appreciated and would have been a star if not for Watson.
              http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...59#post2943959

Comment

Working...
              X