Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you prefer? MetLife Stadium or Cowboys, Vikings, Falcons new stadiums?...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What do you prefer? MetLife Stadium or Cowboys, Vikings, Falcons new stadiums?...

    Thinking in Giants philosophy, the most important thing is the game, we don't like Cowboys or Jets sexy fashion stuff... WE LIKE THE GAME!!!
    Cowboys, Falcons and Vikings new stadium are amazings, but I think MetLife stadium reflects our philosophy. That's cool....

  • #2
    Vikings new stadium looks great, and totally meshes with the team's identify.

    If they renamed the New York Giants to New York HVAC Repairmen, we'd have the perfect match with our stadium.

    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

    "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jorge Boada View Post
      we don't like Cowboys or Jets sexy fashion stuff... WE LIKE THE GAME!!!

      ...I think MetLife stadium reflects our philosophy. That's cool....
      But it's the Jets' stadium, too.

      The Vikings' one looks great for fans as they won't be seated miles away from the field.
      Last edited by Flip Empty; 05-14-2013, 08:52 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
        But it's the Jets' stadium, too.

        The Vikings' one looks great for fans as they won't be seated miles away from the field.
        That's true....couldn't really tailor it to the Giants.

        Still though, the exterior looks drab to me, but wtf, I'm watching from my couch in Chicago, so no skin off my ***.
        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

        "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

        Comment


        • #5
          Met Life Stadium is just fine for the few hours we get to watch OUR TEAM play whoever.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
            Still though, the exterior looks drab to me
            It does. It already looks dated. A bit of a missed opportunity considering how much was spent on it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Well...my avatar is the old stadium so I guess you can figure out how I feel about the new one!



              <-----------
              "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

              John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

              Comment


              • #8
                Our philosophy needs to evolve. I understand we all like to pound our chests and say we are an old school franchise that prides itself on tradition. The league, sport, and game all have evolved immensely since Giants Stadium was constructed.

                I argue that MetLife is simply a newer, bigger, and uglier version of Giants Stadium. Since Giants Stadium was constructed the technology for at home entertainment has made watching the game at home a better experience than going to game when you factor in costs. Our philosophy should have evolved to incorporate ways to provide more incentive and perks for attendees to come to the games. I really think this starts with some sort of roof.

                Don't talk about how football was meant to be played in the elements and how much homefield advantage we get from this. First off, the league has turned into a passing game. The rules have been made to increase passing successful and have led to success for pass heavy teams. Does playing in the elements really provide us a home field advantage? The stats point to no. This a farce among most Giants fans.

                The stadium with a roof could have generated enough extra revenue to payoff the cost of the roof. Outside of football, the stadium is not used for any events in the winter due to it being an open venue. Most of the time it is unused from January to the end of March. (Probably even into April). A roof could have led to the demolition of the izod Arena and added even more parking spots. The roof increases crowd noise by 1) keeping all the noise in the building 2) fans that are usually freezing to death and just sit on their *** will now be warm, comfortable, and willing to jump and scream around.

                Say what you will, but MetLife is just a bigger, newer, and uglier version of Giants Stadium. It does not have the amenities most of the new stadiums have to offer, and really was not worth the cost to 90% of fans. If you think spending that kind of money for a venue that is behind the times and provides only a few perks, then fine, call me a complainer. I believe it was a irresponsible and wasteful way to spend $1.6 Billion.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hate to say it, but JJ did a great job on their stadium. Has a roof, has expensive seats, also has cheaper seats for the less economically endowed and the fans did not have to remortgage their homes to help pay for it. It is the only thing I've ever given him credit for doing. I still do not like the Cowgirls.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    For football newer stadiums like the Cowboys and Giants are great. I like the traditional feel in baseball though with stadiums like Fenway or the old YS. But for football I feel like you need the best facilities.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Manning View Post
                      Our philosophy needs to evolve. I understand we all like to pound our chests and say we are an old school franchise that prides itself on tradition. The league, sport, and game all have evolved immensely since Giants Stadium was constructed.

                      I argue that MetLife is simply a newer, bigger, and uglier version of Giants Stadium. Since Giants Stadium was constructed the technology for at home entertainment has made watching the game at home a better experience than going to game when you factor in costs. Our philosophy should have evolved to incorporate ways to provide more incentive and perks for attendees to come to the games. I really think this starts with some sort of roof.

                      Don't talk about how football was meant to be played in the elements and how much homefield advantage we get from this. First off, the league has turned into a passing game. The rules have been made to increase passing successful and have led to success for pass heavy teams. Does playing in the elements really provide us a home field advantage? The stats point to no. This a farce among most Giants fans.

                      The stadium with a roof could have generated enough extra revenue to payoff the cost of the roof. Outside of football, the stadium is not used for any events in the winter due to it being an open venue. Most of the time it is unused from January to the end of March. (Probably even into April). A roof could have led to the demolition of the izod Arena and added even more parking spots. The roof increases crowd noise by 1) keeping all the noise in the building 2) fans that are usually freezing to death and just sit on their *** will now be warm, comfortable, and willing to jump and scream around.

                      Say what you will, but MetLife is just a bigger, newer, and uglier version of Giants Stadium. It does not have the amenities most of the new stadiums have to offer, and really was not worth the cost to 90% of fans. If you think spending that kind of money for a venue that is behind the times and provides only a few perks, then fine, call me a complainer. I believe it was a irresponsible and wasteful way to spend $1.6 Billion.
                      While I understand what you are saying, you are ignoring the reasons why our stadium is the way it is. Metlife lacks the "fluff" of some other stadiums simply because of the constructions costs and developmental costs in the area. Do you have any idea how expensive it would have been to build a Cowboys stadiums type place here in NY/NJ? It's unrealistic. NYC is essentially the most expensive place in the world to build something. There is a reason it took 2 teams to fund this stadium, and it cost about 50% more than the Cowboys stadium.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I just long for the old stadium with the iconic GIANTS STADIUM sign.
                        The loss of the good ole days of Giants stadium is not something I merely miss....it's something I actually mourn!
                        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

                        John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jorge Boada View Post
                          Thinking in Giants philosophy, the most important thing is the game, we don't like Cowboys or Jets sexy fashion stuff... WE LIKE THE GAME!!!
                          Cowboys, Falcons and Vikings new stadium are amazings, but I think MetLife stadium reflects our philosophy. That's cool....
                          This is what the Jets' west side stadium would have looked like. Does it look familiar?

                          8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

                          "You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The thing I hate most about the new stadium is the fact that the Jets half own it and play there!
                            It feels like we went in halfies on a house with our lowlife dysfunctional in laws!
                            Last edited by bigblue58; 05-15-2013, 09:06 AM.
                            "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

                            John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              did we really need another thread on this....????
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X