Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three NY Giants Named To CBS Sports Top 100 Of 2013

http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/14/...-of-2013-list/

Excerpt: "As NFL Network continues to countdown their top 100 players of 2013, Pete Prisco of CBS Sports has decided to do an NFL Top 100 list of his very own. On it, you will find three members of the New York Giants, including a captain, a youngster and a very dangerous offensive weapon." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

JPP higher than Eli hahahahahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by barran21 View Post
      JPP higher than Eli hahahahahaha...
      You disagree? Eli didn't have a good season.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
        You disagree? Eli didn't have a good season.
        JPP didn't exactly light it up in 2013 either.
        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
          JPP didn't exactly light it up in 2013 either.
          You mean 2012? This is a prediction, not an after-the-fact ranking
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

We can write up the entire team the same way - "didn't play as well as expected".

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
              We can write up the entire team the same way - "didn't play as well as expected".
              Maybe Weatherford did

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                Maybe Weatherford did
                I still have no idea why the Jets released weatherford... he's an awesome punter and an awesome guy too...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  I still have no idea why the Jets released weatherford... he's an awesome punter and an awesome guy too...
                  It's the Jets........

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown View Post
                    It's the Jets........
                    That says it all

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                      He and Westoff didn't get along. Still don't. His end came when he ad-libbed a fake punt and didn't succeed.

Comment

It is an after-the-fact ranking, though. It's a writer's opinion on the best players in the league as of right now. 2012 obviously contributes to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                          It is an after-the-fact ranking, though. It's a writer's opinion on the best players in the league as of right now. 2012 obviously contributes to that.
                          I can only read what the writer wrote:

"This list isn't one that grades the players just on how they played last year, or their popularity, but on where they rank heading into 2013," Prisco writes. Kind of like contract negotiations that take into account what has happened and what is likely to happen. A happy combination of the known and unknown.

Comment

Yeah, I meant 2012.
                            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I can only read what the writer wrote:

"This list isn't one that grades the players just on how they played last year, or their popularity, but on where they rank heading into 2013,"
                              That quote right there backs up what I said.

Comment

Working...
                              X