Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about our 3rd round DEnd Moore.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about our 3rd round DEnd Moore.

Are they trying to put him at LB?? I figured we lost Osi and they drafted a dend to fill that void. Some one said he has played lb before but didnt we already go through this with Clint Sintim? Granted he was soft/injured all the time but i dont get y Reese gets guys like Kiwi and Moore and puts them at LB instead of just picking up a REAL LINE BACKER. Not a dend and make him a 43 backer. So back to my question, sorry i had to go off for a second. Are they for sure making him a LB? And how do you guys feel about him becoming a LB when we lost Osi and need another DE not to mention Tuck decline? And y do you guys think reese doesent just get a real linebacker And keep a guy like Moore at DE??

They have called him the joker which includes Sam LB and end. And they continue to do this, because they like using remnants of an under front. I do too.

Comment

I'd imagine that with his skill set and physical toosl, they want to use him as a joker, which means he'll rush the passer from both the DE and LB spots. I'd imagine when he's in as a LB, he'll be rushing 98% of the time.

Remember, Moore played as a stand up OLB in a 34 his first 2 years in college, so it's not that unreasonable that we might want to use him in that manner in some packages.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJ View Post
        Are they trying to put him at LB?? I figured we lost Osi and they drafted a dend to fill that void. Some one said he has played lb before but didnt we already go through this with Clint Sintim? Granted he was soft/injured all the time but i dont get y Reese gets guys like Kiwi and Moore and puts them at LB instead of just picking up a REAL LINE BACKER. Not a dend and make him a 43 backer. So back to my question, sorry i had to go off for a second. Are they for sure making him a LB? And how do you guys feel about him becoming a LB when we lost Osi and need another DE not to mention Tuck decline? And y do you guys think reese doesent just get a real linebacker And keep a guy like Moore at DE??
        They are grooming him to be a hybrid DE/OLB. He won't play much this year except for ST's. Having a DE core of JPP, Tuck, Kiwi, & Ojomo/Trattou gives him the luxury of taking his time and learning this year. They'll have him in the weight room trying to get him to add another 10-15 lbs. of muscle to his frame. 2014 he should be ready to play a lot more at that hybrid role.

Comment

Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
          They are grooming him to be a hybrid DE/OLB. He won't play much this year except for ST's. Having a DE core of JPP, Tuck, Kiwi, & Ojomo/Trattou gives him the luxury of taking his time and learning this year. They'll have him in the weight room trying to get him to add another 10-15 lbs. of muscle to his frame. 2014 he should be ready to play a lot more at that hybrid role.
          I don't think he needs to add weight for the joker role, I think he needs to add weight to be a 3 down lineman.
          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

They arent grooming him to be a hybrid, he already IS a hybrid who played joker and DE.

Right now hes a rotational DE. There may be one or two packages where he stands up, thats about it.

Comment

I dont know maybe you're right, but I think well def see him play more of a role than just special teams.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                They arent grooming him to be a hybrid, he already IS a hybrid who played joker and DE.

Right now hes a rotational DE. There may be one or two packages where he stands up, thats about it.
                I should have been more specific. They will groom him to be an NFL ready hybrid. He has to get use to the speed of the game and the different looks a QB will show him at that level. We'll see how quick he makes the transition.

Comment

I see him spelling Tuck at DE, and maybe coming in as the 5th rusher as a stand up edge linebacker.
                  "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Kind of like Von Miller?? I could be wrong but i feel that's exactly what he does in the 43 he plays in... and if you guys are right i don't mind him at that position. I'm thinking they are trying to make him like they did with kiwi. A normal, stand up 2 down sam lber. If he is gonna be rushing most of the time i like that idea a lot. Thanks for the feed back by the way guys

Comment

Yes, when Miller left Texas A&M, Moore took his spot. He won't as good as Miller though, he's a freak. What helps him is that creativeness they use with Dumervil and Miller. He's like a 3-4 rushing OLB like DeMarcus Ware but in a 4-3.

We on the other hand have Perry Fewell whose creativity and adjustments are so terrible that Moore would be wasted as a joker. Make him a DE.

Comment

Hes gonna play the joker untill he fills out more and becomes permanent DE is all..

Comment

Originally posted by BigJ View Post
                          They're going to try to use him like they've used Kiwi (and are planning to move Kiwi to full time DE). He'll play SAM here and there and move down to DE as part of the rotation.

I wouldn't expect to see a lot of Moore in his first year.
                          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                            They have called him the joker which includes Sam LB and end. And they continue to do this, because they like using remnants of an under front. I do too.
                            I like it too. especially with Moore bc he played this way in College. He played alot of stand up rush "LB" in college. Wasnt a big fan of them doing it with Kiwi bc he was a pure DE, though he did a decent job, moore is better suited for the joker position.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                              They're going to try to use him like they've used Kiwi (and are planning to move Kiwi to full time DE). He'll play SAM here and there and move down to DE as part of the rotation.

I wouldn't expect to see a lot of Moore in his first year.
                              so your the only one saying they are making him a regular LB like Kiwi. Everyones else is sayinh he is going to be used as an extra pass rush. Stand up rushing lb. Thats not what kiwi was. He made the move to play the SAM Linebacker position. As a regular 43 lber. Thats what im hoping we dont do with Moore

Comment

Working...
                              X