Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants Finalize Aaron Curry's Deal; One Year, $780K

http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/16/...one-year-780k/

Excerpt: "Aaron Curry's deal with the New York Giants has become official and finalized, as the details of the contract have been released. And per NFLPA records, his contract is a one-year deal worth $780,000. His base salary is for $715,000, plus he will earn a $50,000 roster bonus, as well as a $15,000 workout bonus. His cap number against the salary cap is $620,000.

Curry's deal with the Giants is considered a "prove it" type deal to see if he can live up to the hype and ability he had when he once was the number four overall pick of the Seattle Seahawks back in the 2009 NFL Draft.

When Curry first came into the league, his rookie deal with Seattle was a six-year, $60 million deal with $34 million guaranteed. But injuries have hampered the 27-year-old, and lead to him being traded in 2011 to the Oakland Raiders for a seventh round pick." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I wish I could net a 780k "prove it" salary for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
      I wish I could net a 780k "prove it" salary.
      And it's chump change in the NFL environment. The salaries are obscene for the most part.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I'm pulling for the guy, it is definitely an uphill battle. He is coming out of a deeper hole than most players, he is coming from the Raiders. The Black Hole was/is more than a state of mind, it is a physical place.

Comment

bascially what I get..

Comment

Reese is making these one year deals, where he can, to assure a better CAP space situation beyond 2013

Comment

So basically a vet minimum deal.
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                And it's chump change in the NFL environment. The salaries are obscene for the most part.
                I actually feel these guys are underpaid compared to the 3 other major sports, the health & injury risks you take playing in theNFL, and the amount of revenue the NFL generates every year. I know it's a bit off topic, but I just had to throw my 2 cents in there.

Comment

620k cap number

Comment

Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
                    I actually feel these guys are underpaid compared to the 3 other major sports, the health & injury risks you take playing in theNFL, and the amount of revenue the NFL generates every year. I know it's a bit off topic, but I just had to throw my 2 cents in there.
                    The NFL is also the only sport with a hard salary cap (although I may be wrong about that, I think the NHL adopted a similar cap in their last CBA). Baseball just has a luxury tax if you go over their cap (which is where the "Yankees buy championships" argument comes from)

All this cap finagling has made football players less paid overall, yes, but on the other hand, it has also made it so that, in theory, any team can crack the playoffs any year. Obviously some of the less well-run franchises are not going to make it, but even late in the season it is not uncommon to still see 20 teams still in the playoff hunt. On top of that, it practically ensures that the NFL will remain financially solvent, barring any class-action lawsuit going into the billions...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

He's been a bust with nothing to show that he will turn the corner. This is a simple roll of the dice.

Comment

Absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain. Nice job JR.
                        "Release the Kraken!"

- Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          620k cap number
                          What about if he doesn't make the final roster?

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                            The NFL is also the only sport with a hard salary cap (although I may be wrong about that, I think the NHL adopted a similar cap in their last CBA). Baseball just has a luxury tax if you go over their cap (which is where the "Yankees buy championships" argument comes from)

All this cap finagling has made football players less paid overall, yes, but on the other hand, it has also made it so that, in theory, any team can crack the playoffs any year. Obviously some of the less well-run franchises are not going to make it, but even late in the season it is not uncommon to still see 20 teams still in the playoff hunt. On top of that, it practically ensures that the NFL will remain financially solvent, barring any class-action lawsuit going into the billions...
                            Good point. But I feel they should raise the cap enough so that the min. wage would be at least $1.25 mill. The health risks in the game is high and the avg. career in the NFL is short (about 6-7 years I believe). I like that there's a cap in the game because it does keep things competitive. But raising it to pay the players a little more- who make the owners rich- doesn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                              What about if he doesn't make the final roster?
                              $0 cap hit

Comment

Working...
                              X