Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say What You Will About Diehl's Play of Late . . . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say What You Will About Diehl's Play of Late . . . . .

If you listened to his interview on Sirius this morning, it's hard not to love the guy. He loves being a Giant and is a total team guy. Texted Pugh right after the draft and offered to help him in any way he can.

He's making a lot less now, so I think people are ok with him as a backup on our team. However, no one really wants to see him on the field anymore.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury View Post
      He's making a lot less now, so I think people are ok with him as a backup on our team. However, no one really wants to see him on the field anymore.
      Including me . . . but my point is that he came off real well in the interview . . . IMO anyway

Comment

I've always liked Diehl. He's done everything asked of him and has performed well for the Giants.

One of the best draft pick values we've ever had (he was a 5th round pick).
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Probably texted Pugh how he likes his steaks done.

I wonder what Brett Favre texted Aaron Rodgers once he was drafted.

Comment

He's a turnstile these days but it's hard not to like Diehl.
            sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
              If you listened to his interview on Sirius this morning, it's hard not to love the guy. He loves being a Giant and is a total team guy. Texted Pugh right after the draft and offered to help him in any way he can.
              Really nice guy. Real team player. Besides the drunk driving incident last year, he has had a clean record on and off the field.

But his skills have deteriorated. It happens to every player. It's time to move on.

Comment

I love RoanokeFan too but it doesn't mean he can play OL for us!
                On the serious side, Diehl has always been a stand up guy including the DWI incident last year. I'd love him as a neighbor and I'm hoping he can contribute this year.
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Theres a difference between loving your team and still being able to play the game like you used to. Same as me liking him as a guy, but losing faith in him as a starter.
                  2017 Draft Wishlist:
                  1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                  2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                  3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                  4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                  5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                  6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                  7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
                  "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                  - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

I don't think anyone has a problem with Diehl's attitude or actions. He has always said the right things and been a class act off the field, with the exception of that DWI.

People just didn't like the idea of Diehl taking up a lot of cap space coupled with his declining play on the field. I'm sure the vast majority of fans wouldn't mind if Diehl kept himself affiliated with the team, as a coach or in some other capacity, when he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury View Post
                      front office attributed a lot of his failures last year due to injury..

we'll see I guess.
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                        I love RoanokeFan too but it doesn't mean he can play OL for us!
                        On the serious side, Diehl has always been a stand up guy including the DWI incident last year. I'd love him as a neighbor and I'm hoping he can contribute this year.
                        SUIT ME UP!
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by NYGabriel View Post
                          He's a turnstile these days but it's hard not to like Diehl.
                          I'd like to see him go out in a blaze of glory.
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            I'd like to see him go out in a blaze of glory.
                            getting torched?
                            "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

I agree....he's an awesome Giant.

Time will tell whether or not he deserves to remain a starter. But he'll always deserve the respect of fans that appreciate hard work and a team-first attitude.
                              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Working...
                              X