No announcement yet.

Dwight Freeney's Father Says Son Can't Play For Giants Becasue They're Broke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwight Freeney's Father Says Son Can't Play For Giants Becasue They're Broke

http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/16/...-theyre-broke/

Excerpt: "Back in mid-February, free agent defensive end Dwight Freeney said playing for the New York Giants "would be a dream." And briefly, it appeared as if Big Blue would give him serious consideration when General Manager Jerry Reese said the team would "investigate" him. However, nothing materialized and Freeney remains unsigned.

That may soon be coming to an end, however. The San Diego Chargers are reportedly pursuing him aggressively, but Freeney's heart remains set on New York … or so says his Father, Hugh.

So, why won't he be in East Rutherford in 2013? Well, apparently, it's because the New York Giants are completely "broke."

"He'd love to be with the Giants, but the Giants unfortunately don't have the money for him. They're broke," Hugh said told Adam Schein.

On the contrary, the Giants have cleared a significant amount of cap room and prior to the Aaron Curry deal, were an estimated $4,580,958 under the cap. So the more likely problem was Hugh's admission right out of the gate: "it's about money now." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

lol, like the Giant's would tell Freeney that..

Comment

...............and Freeney's dad is a rocket scientist.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

He probably wants more than they would pay him regardless of the CAP. It could be a face saving thing.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Oh well. Sorry, Dwight.
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
            Oh well. Sorry, Dwight.
            Yet another sleepless night coming

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Yet another sleepless night coming
              Have you tried cuddling a stuffed animal, I hear it helps...

Comment

Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
                Have you tried cuddling a stuffed animal, I hear it helps...
                It may come to that

Comment

Martha Stewart broke or M.C. Hammer broke?

Comment

It may come to that
                    lol thats what my 2 year old does..

I hear with old are you start to regress so that might just work with you

Comment

lol thats what my 2 year old does..

I hear with old are you start to regress so that might just work with you
                      You clearly me have me confused with someone I'm not. Now if I could only remember who I am....

Comment

(shakes head at FO cap and salary managment)

Comment

You clearly me have me confused with someone I'm not. Now if I could only remember who I am....
                          lol, your that old dude that moderates the GMB and usually has some pretty logical posts

Comment

I've got several good jokes on that topic!
                            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

lol, your that old dude that moderates the GMB and usually has some pretty logical posts
                              Seriously? Damn Skippy!

Comment

Working...
                              X