Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants Add Tight End Morgan Newton, Drop Two Players

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/5/16...michael-palmer

Excerpt: "Morgan Newton is the newest member of the New York Giants, an undrafted rookie free agent the team was apparently impressed enough with during rookie mini-camp to sign to a contract on Thursday. The Giants waived/injured two players, tight end Michael Palmer and cornerback Antonio Dennard.

Newton is an interesting story. He is a 6-foot-4, 240-pound tight end from the University of Kentucky who spent most of his career at quarterback before losing his job and converting to tight end early in his senior season. Newton never caught a pass as a collegiate player. As a quarterback, Newton completed 193 of 384 passes (50.3 percent) for 1,837 yards 15 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. He also rushed for 515 yards and three touchdowns on 169 carries.
    How much of a mystery is Newton? I reached out to SB Nation draft expert Dan Kadar for some input, and Kadar could not offer much." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

And there is the official story lol

Comment

We can't say Reese & Co. aren't looking to upgrade their players lol
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        lol, that is true!

Comment

Excerpt: "Morgan Newton is the newest member of the New York Giants, an undrafted rookie free agent the team was apparently impressed enough with during rookie mini-camp to sign to a contract on Thursday. The Giants waived/injured two players, tight end Michael Palmer and cornerback Antonio Dennard.

Newton is an interesting story. He is a 6-foot-4, 240-pound tight end from the University of Kentucky who spent most of his career at quarterback before losing his job and converting to tight end early in his senior season. Newton never caught a pass as a collegiate player. As a quarterback, Newton completed 193 of 384 passes (50.3 percent) for 1,837 yards 15 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. He also rushed for 515 yards and three touchdowns on 169 carries.
          How much of a mystery is Newton? I reached out to SB Nation draft expert Dan Kadar for some input, and Kadar could not offer much." Read more...
          WOW, now a QB that plays TE! LMAO! Eli better watch out, his job is on the line!

BTW -- Is it possible he can throw a pass to himself! LOL!
          Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
            WOW, now a QB that plays TE! LMAO! Eli better watch out, his job is on the line!

BTW -- Is it possible he can throw a pass to himself! LOL!
            If it was TECMO BOWL, then yes.. lol

Comment

Every upgrade is a good upgrade but it's hard to figure how a 240 lb guy is going to deliver as a blocker for this team. We already tried Beckum in the role of a slow WR and TE who couldn't block and it didn't work. Hey, but I am open minded.
              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

So let me get this straight, he coverted to TE early in his senior season, he was a QB and never caught a pass in his collegiate career ?!?! Am I missing something with this pick-up or that's it ?
                " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                  So let me get this straight, he coverted to TE early in his senior season, he was a QB and never caught a pass in his collegiate career ?!?! Am I missing something with this pick-up or that's it ?
                  Instead of carrying a 3rd QB, we are just going to carry a hybrid TE/QB lol

Comment

Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
                    Instead of carrying a 3rd QB, we are just going to carry a hybrid TE/QB lol
                    LOL, can't seem to figure this move out. Coach Pope is going to earn his paycheck trying to polish this kid. , I pray to God that he doesn't quit, he is getting pushed to the limit every year with the talent pool he is handed, lol !
                    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Dipset's thread about converting Tebow from QB to TE doesn't sound too ridiculous now after reading this article.

Comment

Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                        Dipset's thread about converting Tebow from QB to TE doesn't sound too ridiculous now after reading this article.
                        Maybe this guy is really Tebow in disguise.

Comment

Camp fodder!

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                            Were you expecting Tebow?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                              Camp fodder!
                              Apparently the concept is lost to many.

Comment

Working...
                              X