Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will cruz be effective if he misses all of camp?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will cruz be effective if he misses all of camp?

At this moment to Cruz have a playbook? Is he conditioning himself? You know last year if we would not have dropped that first dallas game we would have had a shot at the playoffs right? We know cruz is a great player but if he holds out how rusty will he be when the season starts? How much chemistry will he have lost with eli? Besides the entire dumb money thing I really wish he was in camp right now.
    Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

I worry about hamstrings with guys who don't ramp it up smoothly. Reevis went down after his last hold out and he was hampered all season with it.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
      At this moment to Cruz have a playbook? Is he conditioning himself? You know last year if we would not have dropped that first dallas game we would have had a shot at the playoffs right? We know cruz is a great player but if he holds out how rusty will he be when the season starts? How much chemistry will he have lost with eli? Besides the entire dumb money thing I really wish he was in camp right now.
      If we didn't have a no show at Atlanta we would have made the playoffs. Had Tynes made that FG in Philly we would of made the playoffs. Had Eli not been crazy incomsistent all year we would have made the playoffs. Had the defense would of stopped ANYONE...we would have made the playoffs.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

The chemistry will come back quickly enough. Even though the playbook changes some year to year, he knows the system so it won't take him long to learn anything new in it (saying he doesn't have the playbook already).

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          If we didn't have a no show at Atlanta we would have made the playoffs. Had Tynes made that FG in Philly we would of made the playoffs. Had Eli not been crazy incomsistent all year we would have made the playoffs. Had the defense would of stopped ANYONE...we would have made the playoffs.
          Yeah, we were literally one play away in several games last year from being 11-5 or 12-4.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
            I worry about hamstrings with guys who don't ramp it up smoothly. Reevis went down after his last hold out and he was hampered all season with it.
            Exactly.

If Cruz doesn't report on time, the chances of him having conditioning issues increases. Hamstrings are very common problems with holdouts.
            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
              This. Holdout history shows a lot of guys that tweak something after missing camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                The chemistry will come back quickly enough. Even though the playbook changes some year to year, he knows the system so it won't take him long to learn anything new in it (saying he doesn't have the playbook already).
                And, to piggyback on this...the plays are usually the same from year to year and every team has a variation of a play another team runs. Terminology is what is usually different. If you have been playing football as long as Cruz has(high school, college and pros) then it is the same routine.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
                  This. Holdout history shows a lot of guys that tweak something after missing camp.
                  And more people tweak something after going to camp, it's part of the game, **** happens.

Comment

At this moment, Cruz hasn't missed anything except strength and conditioning which he can do on his own. He is one of three receivers who wn=ent to Duke to work with Eli several weeks ago. What exactly is "the whole dumb money thing"?
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                      Exactly.

If Cruz doesn't report on time, the chances of him having conditioning issues increases. Hamstrings are very common problems with holdouts.
                      Do we just assume he's not working out on his own? Who else hasn't participated in voluntary OTAs?
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Cruz in not effective without Nicks.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          Do we just assume he's not working out on his own? Who else hasn't participated in voluntary OTAs?
                          This happens a lot though. Do we assume that the many players that have held out only to come back and get injured where not working out?

Comment

Cruz isn't going to miss anything. He will sign his contract and be back with the team by this time next week........I have spoken.

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

If Cruz holds out he will get injured, when is the last time you saw a hold out come in in September and not go down with some type of injury?
                              Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Working...
                              X