Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Empty Roster Spot, could it mean Cruz signs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty Roster Spot, could it mean Cruz signs?

We waived two players today, and added one. We have an available roster spot. Could that be foreshadowing the addition of Cruz or another FA? I have to believe so...

They've also expressed interest in Tim Hightower and Charles Woodson

Comment

true. freeney also is out there but unlikely...any LB's left?

Comment

Cruz already counts against the roster.

Comment

Cruz is still on roster. Could be for a FA. Could be that the waived player just didn't cut it.

Comment

I'd be estatic if we could get Charles Woodson in here.. Woodson, Prince, Brown, Ross, Hosley, Webster, Rolle, Taylor, Mundy, and Hill makes for a really nice mix of youth and veterans, and versatility for the secondary.. Prince and Hosley could learn a ton from Charles Woodson as well..

Comment

Woodson would have to be willing to accept vet min, or close to it.

He's visiting the Raiders so could wind up finishing his career where he started.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                Woodson would have to be willing to accept vet min, or close to it.

He's visiting the Raiders so could wind up finishing his career where he started.
                I think he's not coming here as the Raiders will surely offer him more
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  However, Woodson has said he'd like a shot at another ring. Oakland offers him that not.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                    However, Woodson has said he'd like a shot at another ring. Oakland offers him that not.
                    Maybe he hasn't spent his last dime as so many do and now just wants to win a ring? Novel that would be.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Maybe he hasn't spent his last dime as so many do and now just wants to win a ring? Novel that would be.
                      He did say he wants to be on a contending team on NFLN the other day but Seattle is still in the mix for him.

Comment

Considering how a camp body gets cut if we get a big name we want to hold on to at this point in the offseason prior to the big roster cuts, I"m not reading too much into this...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                          I'd be estatic if we could get Charles Woodson in here.. Woodson, Prince, Brown, Ross, Hosley, Webster, Rolle, Taylor, Mundy, and Hill makes for a really nice mix of youth and veterans, and versatility for the secondary.. Prince and Hosley could learn a ton from Charles Woodson as well..
                          The leadership from Woodson would be great to have

Comment

Originally posted by Broadway Blue View Post
                            The leadership from Woodson would be great to have
                            I read somewhere he could have a Sam Madison efffect on this team, or even Deon Grant.. Either way, we've had a good bit of luck sighning older veterans of the secondary, and Woodson is the best of the bunch, so with that track record, i'd certainly love to take a chance on Woodson. Also R.W McQuarters as well was a helpful older vet we signed..

Comment

I hope he's not planning on going anywhere then. Cuz the raiders aren't going anywhere for like another 4 years

Comment

Working...
                              X