Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Sehorn Says Giants Should Leave Cooper Taylor At Safety

http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/19/...lor-at-safety/

Excerpt: "Initially, New York Giants rookie safety Cooper Taylor said he would like to model his career after Steve Atwater. However, there's another former player that has influenced Taylor's young career, and he goes by the name of Jason Sehorn.

“I’m definitely kind of an enigma for the position, not a whole lot of guys like me," Taylor recently said, noting that Sehorn was similar. “Hopefully that plays to my advantage."

The comparison, and the mere suggestion that he'd like to be as successful as Sehorn was before injuries slowed his career, registered with the retired defensive back.

“It’s very flattering," said Sehorn. “You grow up watching people and you kind of become a fan of them. I’m big, he’s big, you start to see similarities. I think every athlete looks to somebody else as a similarity in body type to say ‘OK, there’s a match for me, I can do this.' " Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

If thats where he fits thats where he should stay; if he becomes a valuable piece as part of the three safety look I can't see why they would want him to bulk up.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
      If thats where he fits thats where he should stay; if he becomes a valuable piece as part of the three safety look I can't see why they would want him to bulk up.
      I think the best thing for us is for the coaches to keep openn minds and experiment with players who can be versatile.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

If he has half of Sehorn's cover skills he will be our safety for years to come. Somehow I doubt he is anything like Sehorn. I'm not saying the kid won't be good, but I think they are two different players.
        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Just watched a highlight reel of Atwater, he would be a penalty machine today (Not that he couldn't adjust). Just watch all the helmet to helmets including his famous hit on okoye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6SEXGAqVus

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            I think the best thing for us is for the coaches to keep openn minds and experiment with players who can be versatile.
            I agree....I want the best players on the field.
            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
              I agree....I want the best players on the field.
              We did it with Deon Grant and now there is a possibility both Moore and Taylor could be hybrids

Comment

Ha ha! That's a very nice oxymoron! Giants coaches and open mind in the same sentence. Just like Giants coaches and adjustments! Yeah , I know they "gave" us 2 SB's. They also gave us twice as many 2nd half collapses. All we have to do is wait and see how it plays out. Now the only constant in this team is the coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
                  Ha ha! That's a very nice oxymoron! Giants coaches and open mind in the same sentence. Just like Giants coaches and adjustments! Yeah , I know they "gave" us 2 SB's. They also gave us twice as many 2nd half collapses. All we have to do is wait and see how it plays out. Now the only constant in this team is the coaching staff.
                  Yea, you're right. Lets just discredit 2 SUPERBOWLS IN 5 YEARS.

Giants not open minded...really? Maybe too open minded when it comes to defensive players switching positions....

Antrel Rolle ( S, CB)
                  Kiwi (DE,LB, DT)
                  Tuck (DE,DT)
                  JPP (DE, DT)

The list goes on..

Comment

Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
                    2 superbowls and 6 second half collapses in 9 years.... Sign me up for that ALL DAY!!
                    The Modern Giants fan kit:
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SimmsandLT View Post
                      2 superbowls and 6 second half collapses in 9 years.... Sign me up for that ALL DAY!!
                      The question is are the SB wins representative of a success formula or more representative of situational factors that can't be duplicated.
                      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                        Yea, you're right. Lets just discredit 2 SUPERBOWLS IN 5 YEARS.

Giants not open minded...really? Maybe too open minded when it comes to defensive players switching positions....

Antrel Rolle ( S, CB)
                        Kiwi (DE,LB, DT)
                        Tuck (DE,DT)
                        JPP (DE, DT)

The list goes on..
                        1. I am not discrediting the 2 SB's. The one's who discredit them are the people who insist that the coaches "gave" us 2 SB's. Like the coaching staff had much to do with the helmet catch and Mario's super catch.
                        2. Switching positions was done based on necessity and not open mindedness by the coaching staff.
                        3. Again if I am not mistaken the core coaching staff has been with the Giants for 9 years and not 5. Why do you count only the last 5?

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                          The question is are the SB wins representative of a success formula or more representative of situational factors that can't be duplicated.
                          That is an excellent question. Unfortunately we all know the answer and some do not like admitting it.

Comment

I don't care what Sehorn thinks. He is not a coach and has never been one for us. I do respect his opinion on men's personal grooming products. Otherwise, I'll leave it up to TC and PF.
                            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

We did it with Deon Grant and now there is a possibility both Moore and Taylor could be hybrids
                              Yup. I'm good with that.
                              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Working...
                              X