Question About Miracle At The Meadowlands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Miracle At The Meadowlands

We know about the fumble. Fans burning tickets next home game. Bigger picture, was that the " best" ((loosely said) thing to happen? Rozell told Mara to hire a Hof gm. He drafted LT, Simms & brought in Parcells.

Similar to the 07 finale vs the Patriots. You don't cheer a loss...but it turned out to do them well.

No doubt.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

When Mara hired George Young he brought Ray Perkins as the HC both out of the Baltimore Colt organization. When Bear Bryant retired Perkins went back to his alma mater Alabama and Young promoted the DC/LB coach Bill Parcells to HC. What a positive turn of events for the New York Giant organization.

It turned us into a winner with a winning attitude and we were never satisfied with losing again. The men on those teams turned our legacy to never being satisfied with anything less than winning.

Comment

a cookie goes to the person who can name the man who called the play

Comment

If it was a plan, it was brilliant. (unlikely)
          More likely it is just a nice reflection in hindsight with all the facts in hand.
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
            If it was a plan, it was brilliant. (unlikely)
            More likely it is just a nice reflection in hindsight with all the facts in hand.
            indeed ... and it wasn't that one play that did it ... it was a build up for like 15 years

that play often gets the credit because the change started to happen soon after ... but the truth is it would have happened whether Herm picked up that ball or not

a successful NY team is good for the league ... and it had been far too long

Robustelli got a raw deal ... he worked his *** off for the team ... he may not have been a great executive ... but Tim and Well never gave him a fair chance

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
              a cookie goes to the person who can name the man who called the play
              Bob Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

Bob Gibson
                Chocolate chip ok?

McVay should have never let that call go into the game

Comment

What about not trying to go up 2 scores and letting the other team beat you with a game winning TD drive to end the game?

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                    What about not trying to go up 2 scores and letting the other team beat you with a game winning TD drive to end the game?
                    Super massive Eli brainfart! I still don't know how he thought that not scoring a TD to go up by 10 with under 2 min to go was the right thing to do? Jennings shoulda told him to stick it & just scored!

Comment

Chocolate chip ok?

McVay should have never let that call go into the game
                      Handing off to a sure handed running back was the norm back then. It was the execution that sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

Super massive Eli brainfart! I still don't know how he thought that not scoring a TD to go up by 10 with under 2 min to go was the right thing to do? Jennings shoulda told him to stick it & just scored!
                        Jennings did stick it to Eli and tried to score. Too bad he got stuffed. He should've kept his mouth closed after the game and talk about it with Eli instead of going public.

Comment

Originally posted by giants_rock View Post

Handing off to a sure handed running back was the norm back then. It was the execution that sucked.
                          my man ... everyone knew that play should not have been called

Czonka has stated since then that he said in the huddle if you run this play and try to hand me the ball I'm not taking it

they took so long getting out of the huddle on that play because no one could believe they were actually running one

that play should have never been called and that has been admitted since

Comment

my man ... everyone knew that play should not have been called

Czonka has stated since then that he said in the huddle if you run this play and try to hand me the ball I'm not taking it

they took so long getting out of the huddle on that play because no one could believe they were actually running one

that play should have never been called and that has been admitted since
                            They should have took a knee . Murphy's law proves to reign supreme in those situations.
                            The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

They should have took a knee . Murphy's law proves to reign supreme in those situations.
                              Funny, it doesn't seem like THAT long ago to me (40 years ago this year), even though it was before many (most) here were born.
                              Anyone else feel that way?
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                              X