Question About Miracle At The Meadowlands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giants_rock View Post

How do you know they were against it before the play was run.....because they said so...lol.
    The RB screwed up and cost his team the game. Does it really surprise you that he would then question the call ... smh.
    so multiple players who were in that huddle and the head coach at the time are all conspiring because the play failed .... yeah ok

they've spoken candidly about it many times since ... I've sat at dinner tables with men who were in that huddle who have absolutely no reason for conspiracy and had nothing to do with the play tell me that when the call came in they looked at each other as if to say ... what the ****??? .... and all said to Pisarcik... just fall on the ball and let's get outta here.
    Joe had supposedly audibled out of a similar play a few weeks before and got a ton of **** for it so he ran the play knowing well that it should not have been called.

not to mention that on first down Pisarcik knelt down and killed the ball

and you should maybe get your facts straight ... the RB did not screw up ... Pisarcik bobbled the snap and never really got a hold of it and when he turned around it hit Czonka in the hip

Comment

Originally posted by LTMVP View Post
      i remember the play to this day even though i was only 6 years old in '78. my dad was losing his mind. i have an older brother who is 9 years my senior. he is an eagles fan. my dad made him go outside and i threw his eagles gym bag in the trash. (he got it back out lol)

my dad used to make people leave on sunday if they rooted for the cowboys. people still laugh about his passion. (and now mine) some crazy stuff now that i look back.

by crazy i mean who would invite a cowboys fan to begin with right?

also, deshaun jackson, i hate you as well bro.
      My Dad was the strong, silent type, but he absolutely lost his mind for one of the very few instances in my lifetime on that day. I'll never forget it. We still talk about it at family gatherings because it was so unlike him to lose his cool over a game, but that one.....ugh.....disgusting.

By the time Desean ran that one back in the 2nd miracle game, I was literally laughing, because that game was such a trainwreck, and it could only have ended on a play like that. It was fitting, and not the least bit surprising to me.
      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
        so multiple players who were in that huddle and the head coach at the time are all conspiring because the play failed .... yeah ok

they've spoken candidly about it many times since ... I've sat at dinner tables with men who were in that huddle who have absolutely no reason for conspiracy and had nothing to do with the play tell me that when the call came in they looked at each other as if to say ... what the ****??? .... and all said to Pisarcik... just fall on the ball and let's get outta here.
        Joe had supposedly audibled out of a similar play a few weeks before and got a ton of **** for it so he ran the play knowing well that it should not have been called.

not to mention that on first down Pisarcik knelt down and killed the ball

and you should maybe get your facts straight ... the RB did not screw up ... Pisarcik bobbled the snap and never really got a hold of it and when he turned around it hit Czonka in the hip

What happened that Pisarcik was in there? Where was Morton?

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.M.C. VET View Post

What happened that Pisarcik was in there? Where was Morton?
          Morton was not a Giant in 1978

Joe was the starter and Randy Dean was the backup

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

Morton was not a Giant in 1978

Joe was the starter and Randy Dean was the backup
            Ok, I was pretty young and dont remember...but I remember something about Morton leaving and taking Denver to the Superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

It was a horrible call.
              For starters, take a knee.
              Next, if they wanted to run it they could have run a simple dive play. Having Pisarcik do a full pivot was totally uncalled for.
              It was a low point for many here.
              You don't know football history very well. Taking a knee wasn't an option at the time.

Comment

Working...
              X