All 22 analysis on the NYG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

Agree to a certain extent but a mobile russel wilson couldn't put a Td on the board this week behind a line that rivals the giants for ineptness,mobility helps some but when a line plays this bad it might get you another field goal or two but won't win you many games,this has been an on going problem and it is inexcusable that the last two years the front office refuses to accept it and do what ever needs to be done to get NFL quality Oline men in here.
    Yes it boils down to the oline. Our D and specials are fine.
    sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

as if this is not beneficial in every system that has ever existed ?
      YA I am interested in your thoughts on week 1 - based on this thread that you started:

http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...e-very-telling

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

How do you propose to fix the OL? agree with everything you said but its not easy solution. There is a massive dearth of talent league wide in OL. You can continue to try fixing it but its not an easy task.
        You make it a priority from the GM. Just like the LB unit wasn't at one point and TE. Now those 2 units are better. Our GM had enough time over 3 to 4 yrs.
        He failed.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post

Actually the Giants were playing against the Jets 1st team defense.

Clearly you didnt watch the game or know much about football

Because ELI would NEVER be in a game vs 2's & 3's

Didn't see the game. I know plenty about the game of football.

Comment

Keep it real simple for this group. The lack of a DECENT O Line has ruined this offense. Granted a lot of other things need work but w/o a line... go home.

Comment

Some great replies, confirms much of what I thought, though not all. Am I naive to think that the short passing game being used as an extension of the run game to open up intermediate routes, deep ball or run game is a solution? Is this something it looks like we tried to execute Sunday night and failed?
              sigpic <-NYG Fan "REALIST"

Comment

Originally posted by Down-lifer View Post

You need someone else to tell you what the problems on offense are? It's pretty obvious, buddy. Even for us "armchair fans."
                Did you read my original post, its more about perspective. To many of these condescending post on these boards, when this is suppose to be a forum, if you have no added value why even post?
                sigpic <-NYG Fan "REALIST"

Comment

Originally posted by Kez Simpson View Post

Did you read my original post, its more about perspective. To many of these condescending post on these boards, when this is suppose to be a forum, if you have no added value why even post?
                  I don't think he's being condescending, he's trying to say that the problems are obvious and the all 22 is going to reveal what we all saw on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

Didn't see the game. I know plenty about the game of football.
                    Then you shouldnt have commented.

Comment

I can simplify all of this if you will allow me a few words.

It is the OL.
                      To focus any attention on all that other stuff is to MISS THE POINT.
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                        I have the all 22 package ... but I have a limited knowledge of Ex's & O's
                        but from my layman point of view ...
                        Eli needs to be surrounded by 10 pro bowlers to be effective points wise .
                        he seems to stare down his number one for about one second ...
                        then he concentrates on the pass rush .
                        useless stats from 20 yard line to 20 yard line mean nothing without scoreboard points and victories .
                        he doesn't stand and deliver anymore , he seems to make "career decisions" on most plays .
                        So just put in a new QB and we are all set?
                        Everything else looked good to you?
                        Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by Kez Simpson View Post

All I'm saying is that the problems are pretty obvious. Not trying to sound like a jerk. It just is what it is.
                          sigpic"Remain in what you are, the center of your life
                          You made it to this point no one can tell you how..." Gojira-Vacuity

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

pretty spot on Tommy

this offense currently suffers from the dreaded domino affect

O line gets no push in the run game so the LBs sit back in a zone ... which takes away not only play action but crossing routes , mesh routes and hitch routes...

when you cannot execute cross , mesh and hitch routes and there is no fear of play action then the opportunities for one on one down field will basically be non existent

if you cannot run against a soft box then teams will sit back in that 2 high zone shell and take everything beyond 5 and 7 yards away all day and force you to check down

what that does is lead to a ton of 3 and outs and a defense that is completely gassed in the 3rd quarter

when you boil it down to it's bare root essence it comes right back to the O line every single time

and unfortunately it is unfixable at this point
                            I agree with all of that.

I do hope there are some fixes to make, otherwise, we are looking at a 5-11 Season, and the real possibility of blowing up the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

I agree with all of that.

I do hope there are some fixes to make, otherwise, we are looking at a 5-11 Season, and the real possibility of blowing up the team.
                              Theyre not blowing the team up any time soon.

They have a top 10 defense, you dont blow that up.

You retool on the offensive line and push forward

Comment

If I were the coach (and of course I'm not) I would try to shuffle the Oline a little maybe Jones and Fluker I have no faith in Jerry at this point and I would try in a game situation another guy or two. Jerry is getting blown up way too often. This is not to say that the others are great. (there not) It would also light a fire under there butts that no one is fixed as a starter. (physiological ) Then the next thing I would do is run a FB and Ellison much more often than Ingram so that
                                Ellison can block along with a FB to support that side. And lastly I would use Darkwa at RB a lot during the game as he is the only pounder we have at RB.

THe goal is to loosen up the opposing D's LB's and get them out of 2 hi safety as well. Otherwise no one on one match ups to be had or very little.

Anyway that's what I would try. My 2 cents! : )
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X