All 22 analysis on the NYG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    If I were the coach (and of course I'm not) I would try to shuffle the Oline a little maybe Jones and Fluker I have no faith in Jerry at this point and I would try in a game situation another guy or two. Jerry is getting blown up way too often. This is not to say that the others are great. (there not) It would also light a fire under there butts that no one is fixed as a starter. (physiological ) Then the next thing I would do is run a FB and Ellison much more often than Ingram so that
    Ellison can block along with a FB to support that side. And lastly I would use Darkwa at RB a lot during the game as he is the only pounder we have at RB.

THe goal is to loosen up the opposing D's LB's and get them out of 2 hi safety as well. Otherwise no one on one match ups to be had or very little.

Anyway that's what I would try. My 2 cents! : )
    Agreed, why not? If theres another breakdown on Monday night, i'd expect the chances of this are greater than ever with all the heat it'll bring. The expecatations for this season are higher than they've been in a long time. Could get interesting, I'm just hoping along with everyone else this somehow works itself out. Despite how brutally bad sunday was and how the performance looked grim, im just going to sit back and hope for the best. Monday will be a good indication of whats really happening.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post

Theyre not blowing the team up any time soon.

They have a top 10 defense, you dont blow that up.

You retool on the offensive line and push forward
      To your point, I am getting way ahead of myself.

There is an entire season still to play.

We will see what happens.

Comment

If I were the coach (and of course I'm not) I would try to shuffle the Oline a little maybe Jones and Fluker I have no faith in Jerry at this point and I would try in a game situation another guy or two. Jerry is getting blown up way too often. This is not to say that the others are great. (there not) It would also light a fire under there butts that no one is fixed as a starter. (physiological ) Then the next thing I would do is run a FB and Ellison much more often than Ingram so that
        Ellison can block along with a FB to support that side. And lastly I would use Darkwa at RB a lot during the game as he is the only pounder we have at RB.

THe goal is to loosen up the opposing D's LB's and get them out of 2 hi safety as well. Otherwise no one on one match ups to be had or very little.

I am with you, shuffle the O-Line and see what works at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

I am with you, shuffle the O-Line and see what works at this point.
          Hey Tommy!

There are not a lot of options so you try what you can. There's not a lot to lose so I think you try something.
          I know Ellison is rated as a very good blocker and he needs to be out there.
          sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

Hey man. First shame on anyone giving you a problem.

this board at its optimum performance is based upon people like yourself making the comment you made.

if you want, I would be happy to answer any specific questions.

but the main culprits most don't discuss because they haven't actually put any time into this matter, are primarily the ability for defenses to rush as few as 3, and generate pressure, while dropping 8. What defenses attempt to do is clog pass lanes. We all know that there is a matchup of db and wr but in zones the idea is to drop into the pass lanes not necessarily blanket the target, even tho both were accomplished by Dallas last night. Did you recall seeing Sean Lee almost pick the pass to marshal early? Examples like that were rampant all game.
            Eli set to throw and began his motion actually began to throw it only to bring it back seeing the Dallas defenders rolling underneath the target. This is an optimal way of getting an int

the other issue is the defensive coaches have a blue print based upon the knowledge of route combo we have to sort of rely upon due to OL. We all know the OL is not giving time but what does that ultimately mean. It means there isn't enough time for the targets to achieve a certain depth in their routes ie a 40 time is 4.4 no pads u have maybe 2 sec for every 15 to 20 yards live game action. Well defensive coaches go super dee0 into analytics and all that stuff so they know how much depth they need the secondary to have.
            what this means is we see defenses jumping routes knowing we only have but so little time to get a certain depth therefore even the routes get limited ie our favorite the slant. When's the last time we hit a deep post heck even a skinny post?? Not enough time for those routes. We can't run double routes bc there's not enough time to even run 1 route.

when this is compounded with the run game woes...the qb and offense have zero shot.

now this was a basic introductory to the issues we have I can get real in depth and specific but just need a topic u want me to focus upon. Like OL individual player flaws or play design concept flaws or even qb flaws...

bc I state this fwiw and have been able to do so for years, it actually made some despise me and call me homer fanboy cultist and then it actually got personal. Just saying be careful bc if u even broach the line in some posters minds they will attack dog you...but hope this was sort of what u are after.

thanks again for this thread its a great topic.
            this is a post that exemplifies a fundamental understanding of the game of football (its not easy).

I have been saying the same thing. Defenses are able to cheat the pass every game, every series, every snap. While you don't need the best running game, you do need to be just a little dangerous running the rock to keep defenses honest. Since our running game is non existent (due to miserable technique and even less explosion), defenses play pass EVERY play. This is very unusual in the NFL. Even in 2012, when we had one of the worst running games in the league, you didn't see defenses ignore Brandon Jacobs / Ahmad Bradshaw the way they ignore COMPLETELY, our running game today.

Also, when your receivers cant get through the first 5 yards of their route because Eli is on his back as a result of numerous offensive lineman not testing their opponent at the point of attack...CONSISTENTLY, receivers can't make their own individual adjustments and play strategically. Again, this is very uncommon in the NFL. By the slim chance that they are able to get through their route, most of the time, Eli cant get through his progression because the pocket is not clean and his tackles are barely hanging on, by a thread being knocked backwards and upright obscuring Eli's view.

It's easy to blame the QB. Dig past the surface, just a TINY BIT and you will see that Eli is the least of our problems.

Comment

Originally posted by ALLnygIN View Post

Agreed, why not? If theres another breakdown on Monday night, i'd expect the chances of this are greater than ever with all the heat it'll bring. The expecatations for this season are higher than they've been in a long time. Could get interesting, I'm just hoping along with everyone else this somehow works itself out. Despite how brutally bad sunday was and how the performance looked grim, im just going to sit back and hope for the best. Monday will be a good indication of whats really happening.
              Yeah I agree Monday night will be interesting to see if our coach is stubborn or will he try something.
              He gets paid nice bucks so he better get it done. Your right lots of potential with this O ... Lets hope it gets rolling!
              sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/NYGiants/co...alling_i_went/

i recommend some here read this post for a breakdown of what was going on with the offense on a drive by drive basis.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post
                  https://www.reddit.com/r/NYGiants/co...alling_i_went/

i recommend some here read this post for a breakdown of what was going on with the offense on a drive by drive basis.
                  I saw a good point in there... Prior to that season I said if reese doesn't do anything to right the ship, he's done. A lot of people are crediting Spags, but really I'd say its fair to say what changed the D and that season and mainly brought the success of that season was those FA acquasitions made by reese and the emergence of one of the players he moved up for in the second round named no other than Landon Collins. So, i'll give credit where credit is do, but the downfall of the season may very well ride on the faith he put in this current group at oline. Who knows, hopefully, they get there **** together. If they do, this season has so much f'n potential.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well said.. Best post in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by big blue dog View Post
                      i think every year in the top 4 rounds you have to take at least one OL two years ago they took 0 this year they traded up to the 6th rnd and drafted a guy they cut and brought back on to the practice squad and have an undrafted guy who struggled through the preseason on the active roster,they need to commit to keeping both lines stocked and ready to go thats where the game is won,to much drafting from the outside in to many toys not enough time to play with them.
                      Giants have drafted 13 OL from 2004 to now. Only 5 have been in round 3 or higher. 3 of those 5 came since 2013 and one of those 3 is a bust. And that was the most important pick of all of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by panos0165 View Post

That is what we call in business "admiring the problem too long". I am not an expert and I am not going to play one. I will judge as a fan. You (management and experts) tell us why we lost and offer solutions to the problem. The issue is: when you offer the same "solutions", year after year, their decision making start to get questioned. Bottom line Giants could wait for 16 games to draw 100% conclusions or can draw conclusions from last 2 years and put actions that can bring success. Now you or the Giants management can give me the "expert" advice and explain why I need to be a fan.
                        Exactly! every season , other opponents show a new and improved look, in many areas some not . but we are always the same issues, despite the new players,even some new staff! even going to the West Coast offense, it seems to be better, but we still have the same glaring issues with the OL, despite the changes . even in the pressers after, there was mention of the Cowboys showing us a different look, we need to address?! we never show ANY new look !! and these issues were here before Ben!! there is some deeper cause within the org. weird and frustrating!

Comment

• Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Giants have drafted 13 OL from 2004 to now. Only 5 have been in round 3 or higher. 3 of those 5 came since 2013 and one of those 3 is a bust. And that was the most important pick of all of them.
                          agree it might change but they just rebuilt,and the result might be one of if not the worst lines in the league,big set back if so and they better be minding the cap because they will have to do the same thing they did with the D for the oline,so much better when your resigning your own talent you drafted,you get the befit of the bargain years the rookie contract like with OBJ.

Comment

Working...
                          X