Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I blame John Mara

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
    Mara screwed this whole thing up. He brought in a West coast offense guy in macdoo to work with Eli who can't run the West coast offense. Then a year later he forced Tom to quit, but didn't fire jr. Why? Maybe because they didn't want to search for two people, or at least that is what Mike F said about it two years ago. Then they promote Sullivan not a West coast offense guy to be the coordinator of a West coast offense. What the heck is going on?
    Eli Manning had two of the best years of his career running WCO in 2014 and 2015.

    In 2015 Eli was flat out great.

    The point about taking the Offense away from Tom is fair, but he could have fired Tom and didn;t out of Loyalty. Let's be honest, Tom was slipping.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
      Mara screwed this whole thing up. He brought in a West coast offense guy in macdoo to work with Eli who can't run the West coast offense. Then a year later he forced Tom to quit, but didn't fire jr. Why? Maybe because they didn't want to search for two people, or at least that is what Mike F said about it two years ago. Then they promote Sullivan not a West coast offense guy to be the coordinator of a West coast offense. What the heck is going on?
      none of this makes one stitch of sense

      just being honest

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by CruznNicks View Post
        Allow me to shed some light on this whole ordeal that is the New York Giants. After the 2014 season the Giants had already decided to move on from Coughlin after the 2015 season barring a playoff run. Anyone remember after Coughlin step down he said "I begged them to fix the defense but they wouldn't"? That's because they already decided to move on and he would've had to pull a rabbit out of his hat to keep his job. The Giants fixed the defense as soon as they fired him.

        Lets fast forward to the end of the 2016 season. The Giants made the playoffs for the first time in 5 years. The Giants brass knew the defense carried the team and the Oline was the weakness. Heading into this past offseason all they had to do was sign a couple Olineman and move Flowers to G or RT right? Why do you think they didn't? See Coughlin above. Unless Eli pulls a rabbit out of his hat this will be his last season as the starting QB of the New York Giants.

        The Giants will then use the money from Eli and sign a lineman or 2, draft heavy on the Oline and start the Davis Webb era. In fact come week 15 and the Giants are 5-8, don't be surprise if we see the Davis Webb era start then.


        No way this is Manning's last season as a starter. Webb is a #3 at best and a work in progress.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

          none of this makes one stitch of sense

          just being honest
          What doesn't make sense about it?

          is Eli a prototypical West coast offense qb? ( I really not sure just going off what someone else on here said) but if I had to take a guess I would say no due to the fact he is not great on his feet- ie Aaron rodgers...

          is macdoo a West coast offense system guy? (Pretty sure he is) I know I know it's a West coast offense is just a term but it can vary from coach to coach

          Has Mike Sullivan had any experience running the West coast offense? (I know he came from Tampa and I don't believe they ran it there either)

          why does jr still have a job? (I really don't know just going off what Mike F said when t.c got fired)
          [SIGPIC]

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

            Eli Manning had two of the best years of his career running WCO in 2014 and 2015.

            In 2015 Eli was flat out great.

            The point about taking the Offense away from Tom is fair, but he could have fired Tom and didn;t out of Loyalty. Let's be honest, Tom was slipping.
            Of course I think it was toms time to move on. But why when Tom was here with macdoo was this offense so much better. That is what is not adding up to me. I know ya said something along the lines of toms offense still remained somewhat when he was here. The oline is virtually the same from 2015 to 2016. The playmakers in 2016 probably were better with the addition of shep. It just doesn't add up.
            [SIGPIC]

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
              Mara screwed this whole thing up. He brought in a West coast offense guy in macdoo to work with Eli who can't run the West coast offense. Then a year later he forced Tom to quit, but didn't fire jr. Why? Maybe because they didn't want to search for two people, or at least that is what Mike F said about it two years ago. Then they promote Sullivan not a West coast offense guy to be the coordinator of a West coast offense. What the heck is going on?
              Maybe he should have followed your advice to cut Landon Collins in his rookie season! lol

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by CruznNicks View Post
                Everybody is ragging on Reese but that dude is doing a masterful job right now. Let me explain!

                After the Giants fired Coughlin, the Giants went into rebuild mode with Eli for a few years. When a team rebuild, there is usually a 3 yr plan in place. The Giants are currently in year 2.

                In those 3 yrs, teams usually try to accomplish 4 things. Build a good defense, draft a QB with potential, build a nice offensive line and running game, and draft a nice TE. How many of those things did Reese accomplish in less than two years?

                The Giants will address the Oline thru the draft and FA but it will be at the expense of Eli Manning. He will either waive his no trade clause and be traded, retire, or flat out released. Eli is a class guy and with him turning 37 I think he will understand and move on.

                The whole team will be in tact except Eli and a couple Olineman that will be replaced.
                Dude ur the one saying others are smoking crack and to lay off the madden...

                I think maybe this is a case of follow your own advice.

                and I don't know if it was this comment or another u made, but pls share a link about tc saying he begged them to fix the d and they wouldn't as to fire him...pls provide any sort of legitimacy to that claim with a link

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by CruznNicks View Post
                  Everybody is ragging on Reese but that dude is doing a masterful job right now. Let me explain!

                  After the Giants fired Coughlin, the Giants went into rebuild mode with Eli for a few years. When a team rebuild, there is usually a 3 yr plan in place. The Giants are currently in year 2.

                  In those 3 yrs, teams usually try to accomplish 4 things. Build a good defense, draft a QB with potential, build a nice offensive line and running game, and draft a nice TE. How many of those things did Reese accomplish in less than two years?

                  The Giants will address the Oline thru the draft and FA but it will be at the expense of Eli Manning. He will either waive his no trade clause and be traded, retire, or flat out released. Eli is a class guy and with him turning 37 I think he will understand and move on.

                  The whole team will be in tact except Eli and a couple Olineman that will be replaced.
                  If the Giants had been addressing the Oline for the past 5 years, we might not be where we find ourselves. Having said that, it's just game 1 and we've been here before.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                    Maybe he should have followed your advice to cut Landon Collins in his rookie season! lol
                    It was an overreaction after being pissed off about a loss. I admit it I was wrong. And I'm not giving advice here. Just trying to figure out why Mara did what he did.
                    [SIGPIC]

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Barneygum View Post
                      You're loving Webb huh? Based on what? Tom Brady is 40. Suddenly Eli has nothing left? i'm not buying any of this. I just think Reese is completely inept and should be shown the door. Three yrs too late imo.
                      Correct on each point

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by CruznNicks View Post
                        Everybody is ragging on Reese but that dude is doing a masterful job right now. Let me explain!

                        After the Giants fired Coughlin, the Giants went into rebuild mode with Eli for a few years. When a team rebuild, there is usually a 3 yr plan in place. The Giants are currently in year 2.

                        In those 3 yrs, teams usually try to accomplish 4 things. Build a good defense, draft a QB with potential, build a nice offensive line and running game, and draft a nice TE. How many of those things did Reese accomplish in less than two years?

                        The Giants will address the Oline thru the draft and FA but it will be at the expense of Eli Manning. He will either waive his no trade clause and be traded, retire, or flat out released. Eli is a class guy and with him turning 37 I think he will understand and move on.

                        The whole team will be in tact except Eli and a couple Olineman that will be replaced.
                        What is the cap hit next year if they were to release Eli?
                        Engage brain before speaking.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by speedman View Post

                          What is the cap hit next year if they were to release Eli?
                          6 mil cap hit, 16 mil saved for the next two seasons (2018 & 19) if the Giants designated him as a post June 1 cut.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

                            Of course I think it was toms time to move on. But why when Tom was here with macdoo was this offense so much better. That is what is not adding up to me. I know ya said something along the lines of toms offense still remained somewhat when he was here. The oline is virtually the same from 2015 to 2016. The playmakers in 2016 probably were better with the addition of shep. It just doesn't add up.
                            I know a little bit about Football, but I have been asking myself the same question(s) and I don;t really have an answer.

                            Did Eli physically regress from 2015 to 2016? It looked like it sometimes in 2016, but I just do not know. I wish I did, and I wish the GIANTS knew too.

                            I do know one truism about Football though:
                            - A Good O-Line fixes a lot of other issues on the team, and makes you a better team
                            - We have a Bad O-Line
                            - We did not address the O-Line properly in the 2016 Off-Season

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

                              Of course I think it was toms time to move on. But why when Tom was here with macdoo was this offense so much better. That is what is not adding up to me. I know ya said something along the lines of toms offense still remained somewhat when he was here. The oline is virtually the same from 2015 to 2016. The playmakers in 2016 probably were better with the addition of shep. It just doesn't add up.
                              Tom still had his thumbprint on the offense, and when he left, the thumbprint went away

                              Now we have this JV level trash
                              The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

                                Maybe I missed it...what's the magical process for somehow getting Eli off the roster so we can get his cap space?
                                Dont let reality interfere with his fantasy. It's kind of fun to read.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X