McAdoo is the problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McAdoo is the problem

McAdoo is the problem in my opinion. He won't admit that he's made a mistake with the offensive line. He drafted poorly this year, and it's costing him. He bet big on Flowers, who is totally inept, getting better. Thank God they took Weston Richburg back when they did or this offensive line would be a civ. Instead, he drafted a tight end to help the passing game. Not even a blocking tight end. Why? When signing Brandon Marshall and knowing that it doesn't matter who the tight end in that offense anyway because they are never thrown to and when they are its a 3 yard check down on 3 and 20 because Flowers either missed a block or false started. Eli hasn't had a great Tight End since Jeremy Shockey, and as soon as he went down they went on a Super Bowl Run!!! Kevin Boss, Jake Ballard, just plug in a blocking tight end and occasionally let him catch it. Eli's game is the deep ball. He cant throw if his line doesn't block. The deep ball isn't a threat unless you have a semi honest run game which requires a pulling guard or a tackle to make a hole every now and again. McAdoo or Reese should go, and unfortunately it'll probably be Reese, who has brought two super bowls, Odell, Ahmad Bradshaw, Kevin Boss, Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, Chase Blackburn, and several other key signings that lead the team to victory. Get rid of McAdoo

If the Giants finish with a sub 500 record & finish in the bottom 5 in the league in rushing yds & ppg , both the HC & GM should go IMO. Both have had 4+yrs to fix the OL & haven't done squat!

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
      If the Giants finish with a sub 500 record & finish in the bottom 5 in the league in rushing yds & ppg , both the HC & GM should go IMO. Both have had 4+yrs to fix the OL & haven't done squat!
      4 years I thought this was 6th year of rebuilding o-line

Comment

Originally posted by Savner View Post
        McAdoo is the problem in my opinion. He won't admit that he's made a mistake with the offensive line. He drafted poorly this year, and it's costing him. He bet big on Flowers, who is totally inept, getting better. Thank God they took Weston Richburg back when they did or this offensive line would be a civ. Instead, he drafted a tight end to help the passing game. Not even a blocking tight end. Why? When signing Brandon Marshall and knowing that it doesn't matter who the tight end in that offense anyway because they are never thrown to and when they are its a 3 yard check down on 3 and 20 because Flowers either missed a block or false started. Eli hasn't had a great Tight End since Jeremy Shockey, and as soon as he went down they went on a Super Bowl Run!!! Kevin Boss, Jake Ballard, just plug in a blocking tight end and occasionally let him catch it. Eli's game is the deep ball. He cant throw if his line doesn't block. The deep ball isn't a threat unless you have a semi honest run game which requires a pulling guard or a tackle to make a hole every now and again. McAdoo or Reese should go, and unfortunately it'll probably be Reese, who has brought two super bowls, Odell, Ahmad Bradshaw, Kevin Boss, Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, Chase Blackburn, and several other key signings that lead the team to victory. Get rid of McAdoo
        McAdoo drafted all of these guys? What exactly was JR's role in the draft?

It seems that you believe that McAdoo made all of the bad draft picks and JR made all of the good ones. What exactly are you basing this on?

Comment

Originally posted by Savner View Post
          Lol since when did offensive coordinators draft players? Macdoo was only the oc when flowers was drafted...
          [SIGPIC]

Comment

Sorry to use you line TCHOF but it is appropriate.

"Great first post!"
            Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Mcadoo is a problem because he's trying to run an offense that requires mobile qbs when thats not Eli's game. he's a problem because he has no creativity in his playcalling. he's a problem because when Odell was ruled out he had made no adjustments to his playcalls, no Marshall.

Reese is a problem because he has ignored glaring issues. no effort to fix a terrible OL. no effort to fix the run game. too proud to make a switch to the OL, wants to look like a genius by having a 4th rounder from last yr be the starter. new flash, Perkins is below average and has no business starting. Reese knows how to draft playmakers, but ignores glaring needs

Comment

Originally posted by nygfan0816 View Post
                Mcadoo is a problem because he's trying to run an offense that requires mobile qbs when thats not Eli's game. he's a problem because he has no creativity in his playcalling. he's a problem because when Odell was ruled out he had made no adjustments to his playcalls, no Marshall.

Reese is a problem because he has ignored glaring issues. no effort to fix a terrible OL. no effort to fix the run game. too proud to make a switch to the OL, wants to look like a genius by having a 4th rounder from last yr be the starter. new flash, Perkins is below average and has no business starting. Reese knows how to draft playmakers, but ignores glaring needs
                Perkins is a 5th rounder. And jr has made effort to fix the oline. How many 1st and 2nd round picks has he used since they drafted Beatty? 4... Plus he gave out a couple large free agent contracts over the years. Jr has tried but failed.

I will agree with you on the running game. Jr has a very hard time finding talent outside the 1st 2 rounds. The bandaid options he has tried just hasn't worked. This team could have tunsil and Gurley instead we have apple and flowers.
                [SIGPIC]

Comment

Yes, we call for the heads of Reese and McAdoo but for those of you who have been fans of the G-Men for years and years like me (71 years) know that ownership doesn't fire GM's or "marginal" head coaches unless you go back to the time of Allie Sherman and he had years to do something and didn't do anything! So, get used to the mediocre drafts, crappy and repetitive play calling and pure ineptitude and incompetence on the part of the head coach and GM!!! They're here for the duration!

Comment

I do agree McAdoo is a terrible HC. But the drafting isn't the problem the first 2 draft picks each year start for us or at least get lots of playing time. Why we haven't picked up veteran OL in FA is beyond me. Cause of age like with Whitworth ? Or the RT FA that left the Ravens ? Yes he was overpaid. So overpay him for 3 years and get him. We had the cash room on the cap. A 3rd rd draft pick ? A backup QB that is going to sit for 2-3 years ? We couldn't find a QB like this in 2 years from now ? We couldn't find an OL that would improve our OL, no matter what position ?

Comment

People are seriously INSANE.. The coach is 11-6 in his career and you want him fired because the O LINE sucks..

Makes NO sense.

Comment

I think Reese did a masterful job upgrading this entire roster - with the glaring exception of the OL. It is mind blowing to me on both levels.

I have concluded that the OL woes were made worse with the OL coachng change that McAdoo made. IMO we have a perfect storm here of weak talent, neglect by the GM, and poor/improper coaching.

I do not expect it to improve - at least not this season. And it pisses me off.

Comment

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post
                          I think Reese did a masterful job upgrading this entire roster - with the glaring exception of the OL. It is mind blowing to me on both levels.

I have concluded that the OL woes were made worse with the OL coachng change that McAdoo made. IMO we have a perfect storm here of weak talent, neglect by the GM, and poor/improper coaching.

I do not expect it to improve - at least not this season. And it pisses me off.
                          Reese also ignored the RB position. The Giants have no talent at RB. Bad OL and no talent at RB = bad offense.

Comment

No McAdoo is not doing anything wrong. From watching College Football to even other Pro Teams. His Offense is actually a Modern Day Offense which is used by most in College and the Pros

But I agree with what some of the others post already, it is a Disconnect between QB and his Offense. Remind me of when the Packers and Mike McCarthy decided to move on from a erractic Turnover Prone Brett Favre at the time to go with Aaron Rodgers. Only difference is that we don't have a Aaron Rodgers ready to step in lol

You won't see what McAdoo is capable of until he has his own groomed QB. Hopefully it does end up being Webb and we don't spend a Decade looking for that next QB. Until then I do think McAdoo need to adjust his offense to fit around Eli Manning style instead of trying to get at 36 year old Eli to run a Offense that is not a good fit for him

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

Reese also ignored the RB position. The Giants have no talent at RB. Bad OL and no talent at RB = bad offense.
                              Well he hasn't ignored the RB position, but the draft picks have not panned out (yet anyway).

Comment

Working...
                              X