McAdoo is the problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post
    People are seriously INSANE.. The coach is 11-6 in his career and you want him fired because the O LINE sucks..

Makes NO sense.
    no i want to fire him because he sucks at coaching. He was brought here to fix the offense and he made it worse. He makes no in game adjustments at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I think this coaching staff, from the top down sucks quite honestly.
      Even Spags? Naw.......

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post

no i want to fire him because he sucks at coaching. He was brought here to fix the offense and he made it worse. He makes no in game adjustments at all.

Actually he made numerous in game adjustments Vs Dallas.. They used numerous different formations in the 2nd half vs the 1st half, and GUESS WHAT..

The line still couldnt block.

He did fix the offense in 2014 & 2015..

The line regressed in 2016 and the vs the Cowboys in week 1 2017

Comment

Originally posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post

Actually he made numerous in game adjustments Vs Dallas.. They used numerous different formations in the 2nd half vs the 1st half, and GUESS WHAT..

The line still couldnt block.

He did fix the offense in 2014 & 2015..

The line regressed in 2016 and the vs the Cowboys in week 1 2017
          he fixed that team? or was it we were still competitive because Coughlin was still calling the shots? He has done nothing since taking over this team IMO. When Beckham goes out of the lineup we are not even competitive, it's comical. I agree with the offensive line being bad but I wont put all the blame on them. It's a mix of bad offensive line, bad coaching, poor drafting and a skittish quarterback who's seeing ghosts even when he has time to throw the ball.
          Last edited by DownWitJPP; 09-15-2017, 02:26 PM.

Comment

I can't tell you how disappointed I am.
            Why can't you tell us?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

Perkins is a 5th rounder. And jr has made effort to fix the oline. How many 1st and 2nd round picks has he used since they drafted Beatty? 4... Plus he gave out a couple large free agent contracts over the years. Jr has tried but failed.

I will agree with you on the running game. Jr has a very hard time finding talent outside the 1st 2 rounds. The bandaid options he has tried just hasn't worked. This team could have tunsil and Gurley instead we have apple and flowers.
              Each OL drafted by Reese has been considered a reach. He hasn't done a good job of addressing the OL properly. The list of players he's passed on at OL is endless. We've needed folks who can move bodies in the middle of our line for years now. To address the OL Reese has.......

1 - Resigned a bum OG that can't push his way through a wet paper bag (Jerry)
              2 - Reached for a RT that was "known" to be too weak to man the middle and didn't have the physical attributes to man the edge (Pugh)
              3- Reached for a Center that was known to also be weak, but very intelligent (Richburg)
              4 - Signed a player that was recently cut by another team with OL issues, to compete for a starting role and provide depth (Fluker)

These were all considered reaches when drafted, and neither has come to fruition. While he's drafted/signed players, none were considered solid picks/signings at the time.
              NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
              Garrett Bolles - OT
              David Njoku - TE
              Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post

Even Spags? Naw.......
                Not sold on Spags. No one realizes how much of an impact Landon Collins had. But Spags had a chance to earn his stripes when DRC went down in GB. That defense couldn't rush the QB and couldn't cover downfield. It's much easier to play defense when you have all the pieces in place. We were healthy for a good part of the season on defense. But in crunch time, we got plowed through.
                Conversely, the Packers lost all their vet corners and they still shut us down.

So yeah......Even Spags.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post

Why can't you tell us?
                  I should rephrase..........I REFUSE to tell you..........

Comment

Not sold on Spags. No one realizes how much of an impact Landon Collins had. But Spags had a chance to earn his stripes when DRC went down in GB. That defense couldn't rush the QB and couldn't cover downfield. It's much easier to play defense when you have all the pieces in place. We were healthy for a good part of the season on defense. But in crunch time, we got plowed through.
                    Conversely, the Packers lost all their vet corners and they still shut us down.

So yeah......Even Spags.
                    You've got to be kidding.

Players need coaches. Coaches need players.

End of story.

Comment

I should rephrase..........I REFUSE to tell you..........
                      I'm sure people could divert some of their charitable donations to try to entice you to tell us. What's your price?

Comment

Originally posted by Roswell View Post

You've got to be kidding.

Players need coaches. Coaches need players.

End of story.
                        They do. How was the defense in 2015 under Spags?...Maybe the worst in Giants history.
                        How was the defense in NO under Spags?.....Maybe the worst in NFL history.

You think he magically remembered how to coach last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

Each OL drafted by Reese has been considered a reach. He hasn't done a good job of addressing the OL properly. The list of players he's passed on at OL is endless. We've needed folks who can move bodies in the middle of our line for years now. To address the OL Reese has.......

1 - Resigned a bum OG that can't push his way through a wet paper bag (Jerry)
                          2 - Reached for a RT that was "known" to be too weak to man the middle and didn't have the physical attributes to man the edge (Pugh)
                          3- Reached for a Center that was known to also be weak, but very intelligent (Richburg)
                          4 - Signed a player that was recently cut by another team with OL issues, to compete for a starting role and provide depth (Fluker)

These were all considered reaches when drafted, and neither has come to fruition. While he's drafted/signed players, none were considered solid picks/signings at the time.
                          Show me the links saying what rounds these players should have been drafted in.
                          [SIGPIC]

Comment

There's a couple articles in the NY post having to do with the topic. One stating "How long can the Giant's stand Ben McAdoo's play calling" and the other mentioning McAdoo will consider making adjustment to the OL.

Comment

They do. How was the defense in 2015 under Spags?...Maybe the worst in Giants history.
                              How was the defense in NO under Spags?.....Maybe the worst in NFL history.

You think he magically remembered how to coach last year?
                              Not sure if you agree with me or not based on your response but to further explain why a Giant team lost to GB in GB in the playoffs last year I will say a few receivers didn't show up and on defense there was no JPP and no DRC but to explain the defensive lapse even further, besides the fluke of a Hail Mary, Rodgers, without facing any significant pass rush, played lights out in the second half of that game and was all world the last seven games of the season.

He didn't even have his security blanket Nelson. He just torched them Sometimes a great player is unstoppable. It happens. I know your response - but he's supposed to generate a pass rush - it doesn't always work that way. Teams outplay other teams sometimes. GB, in the second half of that game, played a perfect half of football.

Before the season you wanted Spags out. You were very quiet about that during the season. Playoffs, one bad game by the D on the road vs the best QB in the NFC, and he's not a good DC?

He needs players. What coach doesn't?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

Show me the links saying what rounds these players should have been drafted in.
                                I'm confused....can you not look this up? What's stopping you from researching this yourself?

Pugh: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=OT (Round 2....only time he was projected in the 1st was when Mayock projected him to go to us the night before the draft. Once Mayock made his pick, folks scrambled and updated their projections accordingly. To this day, I still think someone tipped Mayock off. Until then, NOBODY projected Pugh to us)
                                Rich: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...urg?id=2543705 (Round 3-4)
                                Flowers: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profil...ers?id=2552452 (Round 1.....not top 10)

Don't get me started on the players he's over looked that have become successful.
                                NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                                Garrett Bolles - OT
                                David Njoku - TE
                                Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Working...
                                X