Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting a bad vibe about this season

I'm in Europe and was hoping to return in 30 days to a 5-0 record

Now I'm worried it will be 0-5.......We have the players, but MacAdoo will not adjust his personnel. All we need is a good running game to jump start this team but with Perkins carrying the load I'm afraid we will be looking at worse running game than Jennings and Jennings was horrific.

I hope I'm wrong but I have no enthusiasm about our offense. Tye was a bright spot last year and he's gone. I hope these new Tight Ends can catch a pass in a real game and take some pressure off things

Marshall was painful to watch. I've seen statues move better.....

It's only one game, but a continuation of struggling offense for years. I still have a sour taste in my mouth after last Sunday night. No execution at all on offense, I don't know what you call that performance, but it sure as hell wasn't football. Absolutely horrid. They'll need to figure it out, this schedule isn't going to work last year, the defense wont be able to win as many games this season. The offense has to figure it out on ALL fronts.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
      I'm in Europe and was hoping to return in 30 days to a 5-0 record

Now I'm worried it will be 0-5.......We have the players, but MacAdoo will not adjust his personnel. All we need is a good running game to jump start this team but with Perkins carrying the load I'm afraid we will be looking at worse running game than Jennings and Jennings was horrific.

I hope I'm wrong but I have no enthusiasm about our offense. Tye was a bright spot last year and he's gone. I hope these new Tight Ends can catch a pass in a real game and take some pressure off things

Marshall was painful to watch. I've seen statues move better.....
      Hey Jennings had 18 carries for 75 yards and Vereen added 6 carried for another 38 yards in the opening game last year. I think check we rushed for 35 last week with Perkins lol
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I'm going to take a wild stab and say they will be 1-4 when you return
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE

Comment

I see us going 1 and 3 in the first four games.
          ​​​​defense will be frustrated and exhausted.
          The good news is that we could be in the hunt for Darnold or Rosen.

Comment

I'm still optimistic, but if this team has a bad showing against the Lions and lose @ home my optimism might take a bit of a dip. I need to see at the very least a respectable performance against the Lions.
            Last edited by Antwuan; 09-18-2017, 03:25 AM.
            New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
              I see us going 1 and 3 in the first four games.
              ​​​​defense will be frustrated and exhausted.
              The good news is that we could be in the hunt for Darnold or Rosen.
              Under your scenario there is no good news. It's highly unlikely that the Giants are bad enough to get a top 5 pick. Plus picking a QB out of college thats not Andrew Luck means that next year will suck too and there is 50/50 at best of working out.

Some of you guys are crazy. I love how you are making it almost a fact that it's going to be a tough season. They have a great defense and it's very possible to have another good year.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                I'm going to take a wild stab and say they will be 1-4 when you return
                Who are we beating?

I think this season is going to be a train-wreck.

Comment

Me too unless BMAC grows a set and moves away from his clueless boss

Comment

have to have a decent run game.......
                    if Eli needs to throw 35+ times a game they will be pitiful. Not a knock on Eli but a knock on the not having any balance on offense.
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post

Who are we beating?

Not me. I've been watching the NFL for too long. It's way too soon to make any judgments. Just look at GB, Philly, Denver and Minnesota last year. All three teams were very different teams during different parts of the seasons.

Comment

Haha Giants fans are so wishy washy. Half you guys will be back on these boards the first time we score a TD saying how we are a lock for the Super Bowl. If we judged this season off of week 1 then the Jags are the class of the AFC and the Pats suck.
                        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by Giantterp View Post

Not me. I've been watching the NFL for too long. It's way too soon to make any judgments. Just look at GB, Philly, Denver and Minnesota last year. All three teams were very different teams during different parts of the seasons.
                          Kindly allow me my pessimism. If the Giants do well, the reward is worth it.

Comment

Kindly allow me my pessimism. If the Giants do well, the reward is worth it.
                            Ahh...Got it. It certainly does look bleak for this year.

Comment

Who are we beating?

I knew someone would say that. Um, SD??

4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE

Comment

Working...
                              X