No announcement yet.

I'm getting a bad vibe about this season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It hilarious when people say " it's only one game", because it isn't just one game....... it's actually the 18th game of Offensive ineptitude under HC McAdoo
    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

1 win and all this changes.
      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
        It hilarious when people say " it's only one game", because it isn't just one game....... it's actually the 18th game of Offensive ineptitude under HC McAdoo
        Did you actually count those out?

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

I knew someone would say that. Um, SD??
        Great you give us 1 win and it is against a city that does not even have a team anymore lol. We're screwed.
        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Lets see what they do tonight.

If they can put up any Offense and score a few TDs, I will feel a lot better.

However, I have that sinking feeling too.

Comment

This bad vibe is a big and growing N.Y. Giant club of very concerned Giant fans.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
              I find it more hilarious when people make it seem football is all about the offense. This same struggling offense won 11 games last year. The point is that there's reason for concern, but the tone here that it's all ready been decided and the team is going to be terrible this year is just plain odd to me after one game.

Comment

When Kevin Gilbride was running his chuck and duck offense, guys complained that the offense took too many risks down field which led to Eli's high INT #'s. Meanwhile, for years, we watched teams dink and dunk us down field and score...Posters openly wanted us to run more short out patterns so we could abuse teams underneath coverage like they had been doing to us.....

We give up little plays on defense willingly, but we defend the big plays...

Now, it's interesting to hear that guys don't want us to play that type of offense. Let me tell you, we do not want Eli going downfield every play.....You know why? our OLINE does not give enough time for vertical routes. Most of Eli's TD's last season to ODB, came on crossing routes that ODB turned into magic....

So you really need to do your homework

Comment

Gee you correct about OBJ. He would tske 10-15 yard pass and go the distance.
                  Eli is not WCO QB.He has problems with the sreen pass. You coach to the players talent, especially the QB.

Comment

Listen my friend... One thing that is predictable about the Giants that has always been true is that they are not predictable, unless you are talking about their offensive play calling. But seriously, just when you count them out, they'll go on a four game winning streak or something, and give you just enough hope to torture yourself for another three weeks. It has never been easy being a Giants fan, never was, never will be. Just bring enough alcohol and Tums, and schedule an appointment with your shrink, and everything will be okay. Until next weekend anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                      Did you actually count those out?

Great you give us 1 win and it is against a city that does not even have a team anymore lol. We're screwed.
                      Oh yes they did leave SD didn't they lol
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                        Gee you correct about OBJ. He would tske 10-15 yard pass and go the distance.
                        Eli is not WCO QB.He has problems with the sreen pass. You coach to the players talent, especially the QB.
                        Yet two of the best seasons of his career (2015,2015) came playing in WCO. In 2015 he was a top 3 QB in the NFL, maybe top 4.

I think the issue last year and this year is McAdoo has way, way too much on his plate, and the O-Line is flat out Terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                          1 win and all this changes.
                          Well IMO it won't be this coming week. I think the Eagles are the class of the division this year.

Comment

They say pre-season doesn't mean anything...the whole pre-season you could see this coming. No Offense, No Offense, No Offense....with the "Best trio of WRs" in the NFL...no protection and no Run Game.

Comment

Working...
                            X