2013 expectations for the Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 expectations for the Giants

There are some seasons when expectations run high, sometimes very high. 1986 was one of those years,, as we had been knocking on the door the previous two seasons - only to get beat (in both years) by the eventual Super Bowl champions.

More recently, 2012 was a year for high expectations. 2012 was the season that would have all the NFL experts talking about a Giants dynasty in the making.

Well, now that reality has set in, what are your expectations for this year? And what do the Giants need to do in order for you to think of this season as a success?

Me? I have no expectations for this team. I imagine us being another 9-7 team this year, although with an easier schedule we certainly can win a few more games.

We have a lot of question marks, including pretty much our entire defense. We have a new kicker, a new tight end, will Andre Brown return to form? Can Wilson block? The list is longer, but you get the point.

So what do you think?
    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

i think we will have a great year and make a run at this thing! we addressed some of our needs in the draft and free agency. i think the d line will dominate like in years past which will help lb's and db's. i think we added depth on oline with the addition of pugh herman. love the josh brown pick up tynes was to shakey. assuming cruz plays this year and with a healthy nicks, brown and with wilson getting more touches i think we will have one of the best offense's in the nfl. with a easier schedule i can easly see the giants winning 11-12 games this year.
    sigpic
    FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

The Giants almost made the play-offs in 2012 with a porous offensive line, an up and down running game and no pass rush. They seemed to have focused on those areas by building up the trenches this off season so I am expecting a good year from them. Maybe a 10-6 or another 9-7 but finishing with some momentum and a play-off appearance. And, we all know once the Giants hit the play-offs they become a whole different team.

Comment

Same story as every other year except 2008. 9-7. We squeak in the playoffs. But honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if we don't make it either.
        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Giants hoist the Lombardi in their own home. Eli hosts SNL and does the writing himself this time. Dallas sucks. Coughlin continues to slurp the fountain of youth. Drugs somehow get planted in the trunk of CJ Mosley's car. He gets picked at 32.

Screw red font. I'm serious.

Comment

I think the Giants will get a wild card at least

Comment

I'm actually hoping for a 12-4 season. Probably wishful thinking.
              The thing that keeps popping in my head when I think of going 12-4 is David Wilson. I think he's a massive X-factor in this teams success.
              Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneroses6300 View Post
                I'm actually hoping for a 12-4 season. Probably wishful thinking.
                The thing that keeps popping in my head when I think of going 12-4 is David Wilson. I think he's a massive X-factor in this teams success.
                I agree. Wilson will win 2 or 3 games by himself. I think we can go 10-6 winning the divison and dominate in the playoffs. Our defense will prove to hold up in the season then turn it up in the playoffs.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                  There are some seasons when expectations run high, sometimes very high. 1986 was one of those years,, as we had been knocking on the door the previous two seasons - only to get beat (in both years) by the eventual Super Bowl champions.

More recently, 2012 was a year for high expectations. 2012 was the season that would have all the NFL experts talking about a Giants dynasty in the making.

Well, now that reality has set in, what are your expectations for this year? And what do the Giants need to do in order for you to think of this season as a success?

Me? I have no expectations for this team. I imagine us being another 9-7 team this year, although with an easier schedule we certainly can win a few more games.

We have a lot of question marks, including pretty much our entire defense. We have a new kicker, a new tight end, will Andre Brown return to form? Can Wilson block? The list is longer, but you get the point.

So what do you think?

Comment

Skepticism comes with experience, but it's good to see the positive posts. Hopefully you guys are right, but I need to see it on the field.
                    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

I'm hoping for the best, no expectations though

Comment

Skepticism comes with experience, but it's good to see the positive posts. Hopefully you guys are right, but I need to see it on the field.
                        +1

Comment

So what do you think?
                          Its a slow evolving rebuilding project around Eli! Last year this team just didn't come to play every game. That's on TC!
                          Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

11-5 SB Champs.

Eli Manning 3rd SB MVP.

Comment

16-0 & 3-0 in the playoffs with the Superbowl win. Take no prisoners.

Comment

Working...
                              X