I have to say it......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to say it......

Eric Winston is still out there and we NEED to sign him. We could get him for around $2MM/year right now. It would solidify our O line for the forseeable future and enable us to develop Pugh to play guard, where he needs to be.

Having Winston at RT with Beatty at LT would put us in great position to protect our QB, and have a stronger running game.
    To me, this move is far more impactful than signing Cruz to a long term deal. Plus if Beatty gets hurt, Winston can slide to LT where he has played in the NFL.

In my view, RT is our most important hole to fill, even after the draft. To "assume" that Pugh will be ready to become a starting RT off the bat is a hugely risky proposition.

Sign Winston.....and solidify our O line for years to come.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Why rush to sign him to a 2-3 million dollar deal right now? He hasn't been picked up by anyone, and Pugh has only participated in rookie camp. Wait until OTAs or training camp. He's unsigned for a reason.

Comment

You did not really have to say it..... you just wanted to say it ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by talbot View Post
        Why rush to sign him to a 2-3 million dollar deal right now? He hasn't been picked up by anyone, and Pugh has only participated in rookie camp. Wait until OTAs or training camp. He's unsigned for a reason.
        Because he will probably be signed with someone else by then.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
          You did not really have to say it..... you just wanted to say it ;-)
          ...with all my heart.

Comment

Pugh isn't strong enough to play guard at the nfl level

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
              Do they let them lift weights in the NFL?

Comment

why is that?
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  Do they let them lift weights in the NFL?
                  Hes more ready to play rt than guard. As you very well know, we shouldn't have drafted this kid to begin with. I've done enough talking about how terrible our last two 1st round picks were.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    why is that?
                    I understand that he was projected as a guard in the NFL by most teams. Plus, isn't strength a very important component in playing RT?

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                      why is that?
                      Watch the game tapes in the draft forum. He is not going to be able to move 310 lb DL.

Comment

Hes more ready to play rt than guard. As you very well know, we shouldn't have drafted this kid to begin with. I've done enough talking about how terrible our last two 1st round picks were.
                        Putting the guard/tackle argument aside, do you really think Pugh is NFL ready right now to be the starting RT on a contending team? Not to mention that Brian Orakpo and Demarcus Ware are in our division.

Comment

Watch the game tapes in the draft forum. He is not going to be able to move 310 lb DL.
                          do u honestly believe that you know more about a player than our GM, scouts, coaching staff ? Pugh may have been drafted a little higher than his value but his talent warrants a late first round pick. Guard, center, right tackle I don't really care where he plays as long as he develops into a future starter on the line, then he was worth the first round pick

Comment

you dont even know the out come of the these two first rounders yet.......so your speculation is well.....speculation. Fancy name for "just a guess"....
                            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                            X