Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Justin Tuck Sought Guidance From Tony Robbins

http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/21/...his-offseason/

Excerpt: "Plain and simply, New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck must improve upon his dismal four sack performance in 2012 if he wants to remain on the roster in 2013. As a player who turned 30 years old this offseason, Tuck has shown considerable signs of wear over the last two years and will enter the final season of his contract in 2013 with considerable pressure to increase his production. Tuck is a veteran who knows the business side of the NFL as well as anyone, and he's willing to do whatever it takes to remain a key contributor to the Giants defensive line for the foreseeable future.

In fact, he even traveled to Los Angeles to seek advice from life coach Tony Robbins on how to break out of his mental funk and return to playing at an All-Pro level. At first, Tuck was skeptical of the idea, but a close friend urged him to make the trek out west and learn from Robbins, who has experience with several other prominent athletes, including Mike Tyson, Wayne Gretsky, Andre Agassi, Serena Williams and the 2011 NBA champion Dallas Mavericks. Robbins said that Tuck stuck out in the crowd like a sore thumb, and it didn't take long to diagnose the two-time Super Bowl champion's problem.

"My expertise is the human psyche, which is the very thing that [fans] were complaining about with him," Robbins said. "Being beat up by the very people that he wants to please was definitely a conflict for Justin. It is like, 'I can't win.' That [becomes the] mentality. This happens to many athletes, especially athletes that are beloved or have achieved a high level of success." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Haha Tony Robbins is the man.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      Haha Tony Robbins is the man.
      I've been as critical of Tuck as anyone but I give him credit for trying to get his head on straight. I felt it was more mental than physical because of his fear of another neck injury.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        I've been as critical of Tuck as anyone but I give him credit for trying to get his head on straight. I felt it was more mental than physical because of his fear of another neck injury.
        I agree, and can't say that I blame him... I hope he gets his head, and heart, back into the game this year!
        My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
          I agree, and can't say that I blame him... I hope he gets his head, and heart, back into the game this year!
          Comeback player of the season?

Comment

I credit Tony Robbins with increasing both the quantity and quality of my posts.
            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Comeback player of the season?
              We can always hope, right?
              My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                I credit Tony Robbins with increasing both the quantity and quality of my posts.
                Name dropper

Comment

He's also been working out to Tony Little DVD's so, we should totally have the old Justin Tuck back this season.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp.

Comment

I wish him the best as I believe he's a good guy with a good heart.

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                      We can always hope, right?
                      Absolutely

Comment

Should bring in Billy Blanks to teach them all some Tae Bo

Comment

Tuck is critical to our success. I hope he returns to old form.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...y-robbins-help

Comment

Ugh, he sought guidance from the snake oil salesman. Is there nowhere lower for JT to sink, perhaps Dr. Phil?
                              I loved this guy for so long and still consider him a great Giant but he is a lost soul if he needs to seek out the likes of that guy.
                              It confirms that he is deparately trying to convince HIMSELF that he still can compete. I don't begrudge him that but I don't like him dragging the fans into the endless stream of consciousness these past 10 weeks. Most of us just care about production and couldn't care less about blah, blah, blah. Talk is cheap, play the games.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                              X