McAdoo needs to get a spine and bench Flowers today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by primetime View Post
    Scary thing is why do I get the feeling Reese would veto the decision? It will be a clear indication that Flowers is a monumental bust to Reese's resume.
    JR doesn't have a vote, let alone veto power.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Nothing screams "I give up" more to me than starting Flowers next week.

Comment

NO don't have the depth to "Bench" Flowers. Move him to the Right Side YES, Bench Him for a Underrated Rookie in Wheeler? Absolutely NOT!

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
          Scary thing is why do I get the feeling Reese would veto the decision? It will be a clear indication that Flowers is a monumental bust to Reese's resume.
          The indication is past don't you think? I don't think anyone would argue the kid is a bust a LT?

But what I find strange about it is that he seemingly has regressed each year.

I'd love to hear someone explain that.

Comment

I'm totally okay with them experimenting with the line at this point. One this is for clear, Flowers cannnot play LT at this level currently, if you want to plug him in somwhere else fine, but get him the hell out of LT for now, he's costing more than he's contributing there.. it's not working, and maybe it wont work with him somwhere else on the line but at least they can say they tried something with what they had to work with to create a better chance at "complimentary" foootball or whatever mac likes to say.
            sigpic

Comment

Everyone can save face and Move Pugh to LT and Fatboy to LG or RG. I don't care how good practices were. If you follow Jordan Ranan, then you know that him sucking comes as no surprise to people that actually watch them practice.

This was a calculated risk that they lost on...Plain and simple. Hart gets a pass because the guy had a waaaay lower ceiling as a 7th round pick.

Well, I guess I'll be in the draft section a bit early this season

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                Everyone can save face and Move Pugh to LT and Fatboy to LG or RG. I don't care how good practices were. If you follow Jordan Ranan, then you know that him sucking comes as no surprise to people that actually watch them practice.

This was a calculated risk that they lost on...Plain and simple. Hart gets a pass because the guy had a waaaay lower ceiling as a 7th round pick.

Well, I guess I'll be in the draft section a bit early this season
                I don't want to see Flowers at LG or RG. He will get bull rushed right into Eli's face. Flowers needs to go to the bench.

Comment

I would love nothing more than to see Flowers benched, but JR would never allow BM to do it. That's an admission that JR screwed up royally by wasting a first round pick on Flowers. The only way Flowers gets benched over JR's objections is if Mara over rules him.
                  One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

I would not be against just swapping Pugh and Flowers just to try to salvage the kids career

think Robert Gallery

then on the other side I believe the Giants have to get on the phone and make a move

I don't think it is a bad idea to get on the phone with Rick Smith down in Houston and see if he wants to move Duane Brown who is in the middle of a very ugly hold out

this is a pretty urgent situation right now ... without some serious moves this will only get worse

I could easily see this team 1-6 at the bye

Comment

I don't get why they don't put flowers to guard and let Pugh take over at left tackle. Flowers problem seems to be with speed rushers and dropping his head, let him go straight forward and maul the man in front of him. If he can't do that then he needs to be cut.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                        II don't think it is a bad idea to get on the phone with Rick Smith down in Houston and see if he wants to move Duane Brown who is in the middle of a very ugly hold out

this is a pretty urgent situation right now ... without some serious moves this will only get worse

I could easily see this team 1-6 at the bye
                        agreed they have to try and do something or this season is already lost.

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                          I don't get why they don't put flowers to guard and let Pugh take over at left tackle. Flowers problem seems to be with speed rushers and dropping his head, let him go straight forward and maul the man in front of him. If he can't do that then he needs to be cut.
                          I would like to see this as well. Flowers will still get embarrassed at RT. No thank you for experimenting with Flowers at RT...

Comment

Every RDE on the Giants schedule is licking their chops right now. Flowers in Philly next week? Disaster #3.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                              Every RDE on the Giants schedule is licking their chops right now. Flowers in Philly next week? Disaster #3.
                              Every DC in the NFl is licking their chops as well. You can't get an easier offense to defend.

Comment

if McAdoo benched Flowers then he might as well bench Eli too because they both sucked equally....

Comment

Working...
                                X