Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Herzlich starting in the middle with the first team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Herzlich starting in the middle with the first team

    This is a major problem if mark is our starting MLB. I like the guy, but hes no NFL starter. More like a borderline roster spot. We're in trouble. Our LB's are crap.

    In Reese We Trust
    about an hour ago ·
    1st team LB: Mark Herzlich calling shots in middle of Spencer Paysinger & Keith Rivers - From Art Stapleton

  • #2
    Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    This is a major problem if mark is our starting MLB. I like the guy, but hes no NFL starter. More like a borderline roster spot. We're in trouble. Our LB's are crap.

    In Reese We Trust
    about an hour ago ·
    1st team LB: Mark Herzlich calling shots in middle of Spencer Paysinger & Keith Rivers - From Art Stapleton
    It's just OTA's, not everyone is going to be there and some guys who are there aren't gong to practice as they are coming off injuries.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
      This is a major problem if mark is our starting MLB. I like the guy, but hes no NFL starter. More like a borderline roster spot. We're in trouble. Our LB's are crap.

      In Reese We Trust
      about an hour ago ·
      1st team LB: Mark Herzlich calling shots in middle of Spencer Paysinger & Keith Rivers - From Art Stapleton
      While I agree with you based on his NFL history, don't forget that he was one of the best LBers in Boston College history and he's been recovering from chemo.

      If he's finally back to 100% (football shape/speed) he might just surprise everyone. At least there is some upside we can delude ourselves with
      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        It's just OTA's, not everyone is going to be there and some guys who are there aren't gong to practice as they are coming off injuries.
        You act like we have some kind of talent behind him. Dan Connor will most likely replace a slow Mark herzlich eventually when he learns the system. Either way...our LB core is the worst in the NFL

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
          While I agree with you based on his NFL history, don't forget that he was one of the best LBers in Boston College history and he's been recovering from chemo.

          If he's finally back to 100% (football shape/speed) he might just surprise everyone. At least there is some upside we can delude ourselves with
          I havent really seen much improvement since his rookie season. His agility and speed hasnt really improved. When asked to play he's been terrible. I'm not very optimistic

          Comment


          • #6
            paysinger over williams?
            sigpic
            FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

            2015 season tbd

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
              You act like we have some kind of talent behind him. Dan Connor will most likely replace a slow Mark herzlich eventually when he learns the system. Either way...our LB core is the worst in the NFL
              I am acting as though it's OTA's and is not going to matter come training camp. Everyone gets reps unless they are not healthy. Understand, the media is very limited in the time they get to watch practices. A lot can happen that they never see.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                I am acting as though it's OTA's and is not going to matter come training camp. Everyone gets reps unless they are not healthy. Understand, the media is very limited in the time they get to watch practices. A lot can happen that they never see.
                We dont have a starting caliber MLB on the roster. That's what im saying RO. doesnt matter what happens in OTA's. That really hit when I saw Herz starting withe first team.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                  paysinger over williams?
                  He wasnt on 2nd team either. Maybe he didnt show up?

                  2nd team LBs: Curry, Connor + Etienne Sabino

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ehh.....means absolutley squat at this point...
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                      We dont have a starting caliber MLB on the roster. That's what im saying RO. doesnt matter what happens in OTA's. That really hit when I saw Herz starting withe first team.
                      Let's wait to see what they have planned for Moore and Taylor in terms of developing into hybrid players. I'd be worried if we were playing Sunday.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                        ehh.....means absolutley squat at this point...
                        You think Connor is a major improvement over Herz? he isnt. We are very thin at LB. Especially in the middle.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          Let's wait to see what they have planned for Moore and Taylor in terms of developing into hybrid players. I'd be worried if we were playing Sunday.
                          Neither will be playing in the middle. Call Urlacher to change his mind! lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                            You think Connor is a major improvement over Herz? he isnt. We are very thin at LB. Especially in the middle.
                            he shoudl be....then again it wouldnt be too hard for it NOT to be an improvement
                            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                              he shoudl be....then again it wouldnt be too hard for it NOT to be an improvement
                              So you're telling me your not concerned about our LB situation?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X