Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why hasn't Wayne Gallman gotten some run?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why hasn't Wayne Gallman gotten some run?

Its obvious that Perkins is nothing special. Average speed, average quickness, with below average strength and vision.

Darkwa has had some success but it is clear the Giants don't like giving him much of a workload.

why haven't we given Gallman any opportunity? He's a strong back with good feet and agility. I'd think it would to time to see if the rookie can generate a running game.

he is probably not ready

but i wouldn't agree with them breaking the young mans spirit behind this line anyway

Comment

The Giants don't want Webb and Gallman to get David Carr syndrome.

Comment

It's obvious to everyone but this dumb coaching staff that Darkwa is the best back we have (not including Gallman). When Darkwa comes in he actually moves the chains, yet we still keep acting like Perkins is an every down back. Perkins vision last night reminded me of Andre Williams, just awful.

Comment

In the pre season, imo he did hit the hole a lot harder than Perkins and even Darkwa.

I would love to see him come in and see what he has.

Comment

PErkins doesn't even look like the same player as last season. He looked very good last year, had good vision and quickness. That's why there was so much hype leading into this season. Now he looks demoralized, probably because of this **** o-line. Who wants to continuously juke out like three defenders every play just to gain only 2 or 3 yards most of the time? It really gets aggravating, as well as demoralizing.

Comment

In addition I must say that last year Perkins hit the hole a lot harder, as I said he looks demoralized

Comment

Originally posted by nick030567 View Post
                In addition I must say that last year Perkins hit the hole a lot harder, as I said he looks demoralized
                I wouldn't say he hit the hole harder. Maybe compared to Jennings. It was his vision and ability to make little moves that made him look good. It seems that those things aren't there so far.

i really think we need to get AP. We need to put someone back there that defenses would be forced to respect in the run game.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post

I wouldn't say he hit the hole harder. Maybe compared to Jennings. It was his vision and ability to make little moves that made him look good. It seems that those things aren't there so far.

i really think we need to get AP. We need to put someone back there that defenses would be forced to respect in the run game.
                  That's an interesting idea.. But he isn't having much success at all in NO.

would defenses respect him?
                  Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

That's an interesting idea.. But he isn't having much success at all in NO.

would defenses respect him?
                    New Orleans is constantly behind because their defense is HORRENDOUS. They have to abandon the run game 6mins into the first quarter almost every game. Besides. They like running out of the gun which isn't AP's strength. I think AP could have a lot of success here. We constantly have 6 man boxes to stop the run against us. That might be the lighted box AP has seen in his entire career. He's disgruntled in New Orleans and its obvious the Saints will never be in a position to properly use him. I honestly think we could get him for a 7th rounder. New Orleans has Alvin Kamara whofits what they do better and Mark Ingram is still there as their powerback. I'm sure they'd like to move on from Peterson and call it a bad fit.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post

New Orleans is constantly behind because their defense is HORRENDOUS. They have to abandon the run game 6mins into the first quarter almost every game. Besides. They like running out of the gun which isn't AP's strength. I think AP could have a lot of success here. We constantly have 6 man boxes to stop the run against us. That might be the lighted box AP has seen in his entire career. He's disgruntled in New Orleans and its obvious the Saints will never be in a position to properly use him. I honestly think we could get him for a 7th rounder. New Orleans has Alvin Kamara whofits what they do better and Mark Ingram is still there as their powerback. I'm sure they'd like to move on from Peterson and call it a bad fit.
                      I would take him for a 7 no question.

I haven't watched Peterson run at all in NO yet.. But the one thing about him in his career is he is an ANGRY runner that hits the hole hard. We need a back like that. But isn't he getting lighter boxes in the saints offense?

Who would get cut to make room on the roster?

Perkins style would compliment this style I guess... But darkwa has been the best back so far and I don't see them moving on from the rookie yet.

Comment

We wouldn't miss a special teams player. Our coverage and return teams look pretty bad
                        "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

Originally posted by timmytimm3 View Post

We wouldn't miss a special teams player. Our coverage and return teams look pretty bad
                          And keep 5 rbs and a fb?

The giants don't have any exclusive special teams players besides Dwayne Harris (who is expandable imo) but 6 rbs on the roster just isn't happening.

Especially when none of them are particularly good...

Comment

I would take him for a 7 no question.

I haven't watched Peterson run at all in NO yet.. But the one thing about him in his career is he is an ANGRY runner that hits the hole hard. We need a back like that. But isn't he getting lighter boxes in the saints offense?

Perkins style would compliment this style I guess... But darkwa has been the best back so far and I don't see them moving on from the rookie yet.
                            When the game starts he's seeing 7 man boxes. By the end of the 1st quarter he's pretty much out of the game plan.

Comment

And keep 5 rbs and a fb?

The giants don't have any exclusive special teams players besides Dwayne Harris (who is expandable imo) but 6 rbs on the roster just isn't happening.

Especially when none of them are particularly good...

We could get rid of Darkwa. Fans here love him but it's clear the coaching staff isn't too enamored with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X