Is the Oline maybe not so bad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Oline maybe not so bad?

See a lot of piling on about this unit, especially flowers. But as much as I like Eli (still), his weakness at times is a huge lack of pocket presence. And we don't have a high profile running back. Add to that the hideous drops by the WR Corp and there's plenty of blame to go around. Yes the Oline needs work, but they can't make up for all the ills plaguing this offense
    Last edited by William; 09-20-2017, 03:57 PM.

Do you watch the games? How do you think the OL looks?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
      Do you watch the games? How do you think the OL looks?
      Not as bad as being reported. I think flowers especially is being somewhat scapegoated for the entire offense problems. I can see where some of the sacks are on him, but for example the drop by Marshal. There was obviously enough time to run a deep route, so how else can that possibly be the online fault?

Comment

No one is saying that everything is the OL's fault, although most of our problems originate from the OL's poor play.

But if you have watched these games and don't think that the OL play has been absolutely putrid, I question whether you know what you are watching.

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post
          See a lot of piling on about this unit, especially flowers. But as much as I like Eli (still), his weakness at times is a huge lack of pocket presence. And we don't have a high profile running back. Add to that the hideous drops by the WR Corp and there's plenty of blame to go around. Yes the Oline needs work, but they can't make up for all the ills plaguing this offense
          A high profile RB won't do jack behind our putrid OL
          Wr's can't develop routes when there's no time for them to develop

Its not just Flowers, it's a cumulative effort between the OL and the evil coach from mighty ducks 2 calling awful plays
          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

no the oline really is that bad. The other issues are very minute in contrast.
            sigpic

Comment

PFF rated Flowers one of the lowest grades they've ever given a player in a given week for week 2:
              https://www.sportoversy.com/single-p...mply-Hilarious

Not bad you say? haha. On one of the sacks in the game I remember Flowers being pushed so easily backwards that Flowers turns his back to Ezekiel Ansah. His body language just screamed: "Go ahead, just murder Eli. You're abusing me and I don't like this at all".

He just doesn't seem like the sort of guy that has any fire lit within him. Like he's just trying to collect a paycheck, he doesn't really love the game. I've never seen him get fired up blocking people. I've seen him get pissed off due to frustration and then committing a 15 year penalty for hitting a guy after the play though.
              Last edited by compaqnigg; 09-20-2017, 05:09 PM.

Comment

this is the worst O line I have ever seen on a Giant team

they are the reason for just about every offensive problem that exists right now

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

this is the worst O line I have ever seen on a Giant team

they are the reason for just about every offensive problem that exists right now
                  It's crazy, you would think they would get better going up against JPP, OV, AND Snacks every practice
                  Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

They showed one play in slow motion where Ziggy literally lifted Flowers off the ground and threw him aside. His tech, body control and footwork are the worst I have ever seen in football!

Comment

what Oline?

Comment

The O-line sucks period. It is the main reason for the dysfunction and will be for the foreseeable future.
                        Last edited by TEM; 09-20-2017, 06:42 PM.
                        Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Ugh I miss the Pro bowl OL we had in the Superbowl years. Eli had room to throw, We had decent running game. Seems like light years ago.

Comment

The problems start with the oline and Cascade through the offense. Don't confuse cause with effect. These guys are stinkeroos.

Comment

Not bad you say? This is easily the worst O line the New York Giants have ever had. Ever.

Flowers is taking the brunt of it, because he's the left tackle. The left tackle that doesn't protect Eli what-so-ever! Flowers is a horrific player. The entire O line is horrific. The result of this O line is the reason there is absolutely no offense to speak of.

End of story.
                              sigpic"Remain in what you are, the center of your life
                              You made it to this point no one can tell you how..." Gojira-Vacuity

Comment

Working...
                              X