Isn't it ironic?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't it ironic?

All the articles about Nicks wanting to step up and be a leader for the young WRs on the team and now he is whining about his contract. He knows we are already dealing with Cruz and this is how he acts. Real annoying.

lol

Comment

No, it isn't.
      Mostly because the whole Nicks being upset with his contract thing is complete BS. Nobody knows why he didn't show up and every possible excuse has been given by different people.

Comment

People really should just stop spreading nonsense about this and look at it for what it is

Lets look at these facts:

1) he was hurt in OTA's last year. That injury was a significant factor in his lack of play and productions last year.

2) He is going into a contract year. The most important contract of his career. If he gets hurt again and misses significant time, his future contract would be significantly smaller than it could be. However, if he plays a lot and plays well, his value will soar in negotiations.

I am not excusing his missing but I am telling you that rather than some nonsense about him being "unhappy", he is just doing what business dictates. If he were to get injured again and miss significant playtime, he would likely be a $5 mil a year receiver in his new contract. But, if he plays hard this year and plays well, he could easily make over $10 mil per year. I suspect Nicks decision to not risk offseason injury is just a simple financial decision and not a indication of his "happiness with his current contract".
        sigpic

Comment

I'm avoiding that 10 page thread. I have no doubt it's already a doozy. Nicks and Cruz will be Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Nassib View Post
            All the articles about Nicks wanting to step up and be a leader for the young WRs on the team and now he is whining about his contract. He knows we are already dealing with Cruz and this is how he acts. Real annoying.
            In the first instance, we don't know why he missed a voluntary OTA but we can't help but get reeled in by yet another speculative, and denied BTW, media hyped story. And if he is sending a signal, so what? He's in a worse position than Cruz in terms of leverage at the moment.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

"It's like rain on your wedding day."
              Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzlesticks View Post
                No, it isn't.
                Mostly because the whole Nicks being upset with his contract thing is complete BS. Nobody knows why he didn't show up and every possible excuse has been given by different people.
                This! it pretty much sums everything up.

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

QUCKLY....EVERYONE PANIC!!!
                  I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                    damn the greedy *******s !!

Comment

This is why you get more quality information out of doing Mad Libs then listening to player interviews.

It isn't what they say, but what they do that counts.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

OTAs are optional. Who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          OTAs are optional. Who cares.
                          I don't care that he isn't playing. I don't want him to get hurt. However, I just think his timing is horrible. If he knew he was upset he could have said something earlier in the offseason. Not at the beginning of OTA's.

Comment

I don't care that he isn't playing. I don't want him to get hurt. However, I just think his timing is horrible. If he knew he was upset he could have said something earlier in the offseason. Not at the beginning of OTA's.
                            Maybe he did. You mean you wanted him to go to the media and moan?

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                              "I ate the bone... I ate the bone... I ATE THE BONE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X