Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Linebackers: Assessing Where They Stand

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/5/23...ncer-paysinger

Excerpt: "New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin was asked a few questions about Aaron Curry, the linebacker the Giants recently signed as a free agent. One of the answers he gave pretty much applied to the entire linebacking unit.

"There are plenty of opportunities; everybody has got a great opportunity. There is nothing in concrete there," Coughlin said. "Matter of fact, I speak about that all of the time. I think it is a great opportunity."

The key phrase in all of that is "there is nothing concrete in there." Coughlin is telling us that all three linebacker jobs are up for grabs. With that in mind, let's assess the current situation. Nothing, of course, can really be gleaned from one day. What came out of Wednesday's workout, however, does give us something to discuss." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Translation: Do any of you have a friend? Having played LBer in the pass is a definite plus but not a deal breaker.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
      Translation: Do any of you have a friend? Having played LBer in the pass is a definite plus but not a deal breaker.
      I played LB throught my childhood/high school, but got into college as a DE....I feel like Reese would like that..
      Im currently 6'4-3/4 & 250lbs....

Comment

The only LB on our roster with some flashes of excellence on his resume AND considerable upside, now has a mysterious and lingering knee issue. I think that assessing where our linebackers stand is like comparing apples at the market. They are all pretty much the same and not terribly exciting.
        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

why the F are they having Moore line up as a non pass rush LB? Are we really gonna try to make him Sintim 2 or can we pls just let this kid do what he does best and get after the qb...

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
            why the F are they having Moore line up as a non pass rush LB? Are we really gonna try to make him Sintim 2 or can we pls just let this kid do what he does best and get after the qb...
            Please strike Sintim from your vocabulary.

Comment

been saying it all along, don't sleep on Paysinger..kid has a real shot at starting

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                been saying it all along, don't sleep on Paysinger..kid has a real shot at starting
                Climbing over a very low bar. Wish the kid well but worry about the entire unit. Slim pickings.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                  I imagine it's more in the 4-3 under variation and less of a traditional 4-3 base like we are accustomed to.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                    Climbing over a very low bar. Wish the kid well but worry about the entire unit. Slim pickings.
                    I agree with ya that the bar hasn't been set very high but I think hes talented. He will surprise some people when he gets his shot

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                      I agree with ya that the bar hasn't been set very high but I think hes talented. He will surprise some people when he gets his shot
                      He is talented and a sleeper among that deep LB class he came in with. He has earned a shot with his special teams play. He brings energy and intensity. I just wish we had one sure shot at LB.

Comment

If these guys don't even know where to stand they're in BIG trouble!!!

Comment

Assessing where the Giants LB corp currently stands in two words:

They suck.

Comment

I think I will reserve judgement until I see them play in the pre season. There is potential there; both talent and injury wise. Really tough to say how this will turn out....

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                              I think I will reserve judgement until I see them play in the pre season. There is potential there; both talent and injury wise. Really tough to say how this will turn out....
                              I agree
                              "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Working...
                              X