Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so was it really couglin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • so was it really couglin?



    more 0-3
    more odell antics, still costing us games, how can we allow it - and now engram too (missing games and making penaties)
    calling out eli
    more bad calls on 3rd & 4th downs
    we broke 20 points 1st time in 10 weeks, were hanging our hat on 24 points 1st time in 10 weeks
    all the drops, oh the drops against pack in playoffs, the boat trip, we see why we are getting this
    poor spags d is tired ...

    best to follow our former giant coaches rest of season (bellichek, garrett, fox, payton) if you want some meaningful football LOL oh and how are tom coughlins jacksonville jaguars doing ?


  • #2
    I would have liked Coughlin to stay and take a role here like he has in Jacksonville, but in no way was he fit to coach anymore here.
    Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

    Comment


    • #3
      It was time for Coughlin to hang it up, but the thing is the coach they picked to replace Coughlin is vastly inferior.

      Comment


      • #4
        It was never Coughlin. It was Jerry Reese team building incorrectly. Tom believes in a balanced offense which starts at the offensive line. Reese has no clue how to evaluate talent or what part of the team needs building. And when he does draft a bust he never admits it, doesn't try to fix it. Yes Reese has drafted some flashy players, but he forgot about what sustains a team year after year and that is a good offensive line. He also provided TC with one of the worst defenses ever for years. When he hired the new coach he went on a spending spree defensively to make his new hire look good. TC could of used those defensive players. If you were going to fire Coughlin, Reese should of went with him

        Comment


        • #5
          I certainly think TC was the much better coach... his game preparations were second to none. In defense of Big Mac, it's too soon to write him off yet... but we're all ready to.

          If Jerry Reese wasn't flat out lying to us when he suggested TC played a large role in personnel decisions -- if we're to believe that -- then TC is complicit in all of this.

          Other posters have mentioned... Mara failed to identify the real problems here, and it stars with personnel. Should have fired from the top-down. Instead they've been firing from the bottom-up... Gilbride, Fewell, TC, etc. Huge mistake on the part of ownership
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GuyB View Post

            more 0-3
            more odell antics, still costing us games, how can we allow it - and now engram too (missing games and making penaties)
            calling out eli
            more bad calls on 3rd & 4th downs
            we broke 20 points 1st time in 10 weeks, were hanging our hat on 24 points 1st time in 10 weeks
            all the drops, oh the drops against pack in playoffs, the boat trip, we see why we are getting this
            poor spags d is tired ...

            best to follow our former giant coaches rest of season (bellichek, garrett, fox, payton) if you want some meaningful football LOL oh and how are tom coughlins jacksonville jaguars doing ?
            Should we have moved on from Coughlin? Yes. Should we have replaced him with McAdoo? No.

            Comment


            • #7
              All indications point to one man at this time. The same one that used Coughlin as a scapecoat. However, as much as I loved Coughlin I did feel it was time for a change, I was just hoping that change would come included with Reese leaving , and Coughlin still in a postion doing something of value for the orginization, as we can see niether of that happend and the same issues for the most part have carried on as if nothing has happened, because, nothing has happend other then a gigantic spending spree to fix the defense Reese couldn't fix on his own in the draft, and a terrible O line he couldn't correct either after years of draft picks and FA acqusistions.
              #80
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                It's one of those deals where everyone is complicit. But it starts at the top. You can't scrape away at the bottom expecting change to roll up. The real impact happens at the highest level.

                McAdoo said it after being hired: "Evolution, not revolution." That mantra is what sold Mara on the job. Their mistake was believing that this was what this team needed.
                Last edited by Helmet; 09-25-2017, 05:48 PM.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Odell costing us games? Is there something wrong with you? He and Eli were the main reason the offense scored points and that's been the case since he was drafted. You Coughlin lovers need to get a grip. His coaching days are over.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                    I would have liked Coughlin to stay and take a role here like he has in Jacksonville, but in no way was he fit to coach anymore here.
                    Agreed.
                    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Wholesale changes should have been made between 2013 and 2014 but they lied to themselves and kept TC around. That's what opened the door to MacAdoo and what led us into this dead zone. They delayed the inevitable and are now paying for it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        could have fired reese and made coughlin the gm . let him bring a coach in.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I thought they needed to clean house at the time. It was the right time to move on from Coughlin, but the rest of the staff, and JR should have gone out the door as well.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

                            Should we have moved on from Coughlin? Yes. Should we have replaced him with McAdoo? No.
                            This!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yes n no but not for this off line

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X