Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.420761

"They tried to do it earlier in the season, but I kept playing well and keeping myself in the mix," Toomer said after helping build a playground at an East Tampa school. "They let me play myself out of it, then kind of pulled the rug out from under me. I was fighting it. I was fighting it for as long as I could. I kept making big plays and I felt like if they kept throwing to me, I'd keep making big plays.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2UQ8CWqZz

Wow! "pulled the rug out from under him." Much worse then giving an OPINION about "eli not being a good leader"

What does that have to do with Tiki? Toomer thought he could still play, the team didn't. That happens all the time. Tiki went out of his way to be a jerk and he still is.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Giving Tiki credit for Eli's progression and success now? That's bold, and also ridiculous.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        What does that have to do with Tiki? Toomer thought he could still play, the team didn't. That happens all the time. Tiki went out of his way to be a jerk and he still is.
        And PS, the team was right about Toomer. He didn't make it through the first round of cuts with the Chiefs the next season and then never played again

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          Tiki is history, not worth the attention. I feel the same way about Parcells for the way he threw the team under the bus when he left with no warning. Tiki brought all of the negativity you don't like on himself.

I don't recall Meggett or LT trashing their former teammates and/or coaches.
          I've heard about Parcell's departure but I was only 1 at the time it happened. Can you explain to me what exactly he did that left a bad taste in Gmen fans' mouths....I know he coached more teams afterwards (including the Cowboys) but does he still root for the Giants? It's hard to tell in interviews

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
            I've heard about Parcell's departure but I was only 1 at the time it happened. Can you explain to me what exactly he did that left a bad taste in Gmen fans' mouths....I know he coached more teams afterwards (including the Cowboys) but does he still root for the Giants? It's hard to tell in interviews
            At the time, Belichick was considered the heir apparent when Parcells was to leave. However he gave no indication he was going to leave, so Belichick took the HC job in Cleveland and Giants were basically without a coach a month or so before season started. Handley was promoted....nuff said.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by keyofgmen View Post
              At the time, Belichick was considered the heir apparent when Parcells was to leave. However he gave no indication he was going to leave, so Belichick took the HC job in Cleveland and Giants were basically without a coach a month or so before season started. Handley was promoted....nuff said.
              Fair enough, thanks. So who does he pledge allegiance with these days? I never really see him talking abou the Giants at all

Comment

Originally posted by keyofgmen View Post
                George Young was not a Belichick fan and that played into Belichick leaving as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                  apology accepted we owe a lot to Tiki and Warner for all the success TC and Eli as well as the rest of the giants and fans have enjoyed.
                  To be completely fair, I do have to grudgingly give Warner some credit for the early development of Eli. I was watchign an interview of warner about his time with the Giants. Apparently when Warner was benched for Eli and Eli started derping his way out of the gate, TC was thinking about putting Warner back in, sensing Eli was not quite ready. Warner went to TC and told him that he needed to keep Eli in, for his own development's sake. Putting Warner back in could have set Eli's development back an entire season. This was after the Eagles had locked the division when this happened (04 eagles were a bit of a powerhouse), so it wasn't playoff implications on the line. Warner quite literally refused the call, not out of spite, but because Eli would never prosper if he was looking over his shoulder...

Tiki is still a MASSIVE hater though...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                    Look, I was mad when Tiki left his wife and went crazy but was his remarks about Eli really a bad thing? Eli was a joke before his big play. Eli was a funny guy. I remember when he use to throw bad balls then go to the sideline with that goofy look on his face. He got mad at one player cause the player made a mistake, yet Eli threw an ints on the next play. The player Eli got mad at should got on his case. I was joking on the last part though.

Yet something happened after those comments Tiki made. I think Tiki tried to feul the desire in Eli. Eli needed somebody to tell him that his play needed to improved inorder to be a leader. Harooni, I apalogize to you about liking Tiki. I was in the wrong and forgave Tiki for being the person he was. Thank you Tiki for telling that use to be stupid qb that he didn't play like a leader but like a sucka. Remember Eli always look downward when Former Giant Shockey was in his face talking about why you didn't throw me the ball. Yet Breese got on Shockey's behind when Shockey was with the Saints. Now Eli doesn't play that mess and doesn't look goofy any more. I believe that Tiki had a part in it. Oh and he maybe threw our coach under the bus as well but Coughlin was a meany who did overwork the players and the players admit that Coughlin was too mean. Coughlin changed as well so I also thank Tiki for that as well. Without Tiki's remarks and the playrs complaining, they wanted to play for our Superbowl coaching coach.

Many people should be grateful that Tiki said bad things about Eli. They was not made to throw Eli under the bus but to feul Eli. To make Eli say Oh yeah well watch me.
                    Ridiculously stupid bloviated post......and pretty tough to read as well. I believe you may be huffing "feul".

But don't take it personally, it will ultimately help you to improve, just like Eli.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiffy Jeff View Post
                      Ridiculously stupid bloviated post......and pretty tough to read as well. I believe you may be huffing "feul".

But don't take it personally, it will ultimately help you to improve, just like Eli.
                      Love the use of the word "bloviate"....I have never heard that word and had to look it up..
                      Learn something new every day
                      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Talk is just that talk.....Eli had a couple of very powerful forces in his corner (his father and his brother) and they were drowning all the other BS out.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                          Eli said the Giants got the best quarterback in the draft after they traded for him.

I've never questioned his drive.
                          I admit,i was one of the guys against eli at first,then he proved me wrong.I proudly admit he proved me wrong,time and time again.Eli is driven just like peyton is.I respect eli,give him credit and actually admire how hes handled NY,the media and more.(but I still hate gildbright.)I told people if i ever met the man,i would eat crow and apologize for being wrong about him.Wheres tiki now????,,,on SNY talking more crap on the giants.To me,tiki is two faced,and all about him.Hes nothing like his brother ronde.Giants are still better off without him.
                          '"Respect All,Fear none'''

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                            Eli said the Giants got the best quarterback in the draft after they traded for him.

I've never questioned his drive.
                            That is the last thing I wanted to hear after he forced a trade. Just come in and play ball. It worked out in our favor but those comments and his rejection of San Diego reeks of an arrogant guy who places himself above the league.
                            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

There's no i in team, but there's 2 in Tiki.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
                                There's no i in team, but there's 2 in Tiki.
                                lol, if you authored that one, ya done good!
                                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                                X