X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **MESSAGE BOARD ISSUES** - PLEASE READ

Hi All,

I wanted to take the time to apologize for all the issues that have been happening on the message boards since we upgraded. We have been working non-stop to try and address some of the user control issues with our message boards provider vBulletin. The problem is that none of the issues are the same for everyone, so it has been hard to try and troubleshoot each individual case. They continue to look into figuring all these issues.

The other issue has been the speed of the boards on gamedays. Since the first game of the season, the company we use to host the boards has doubled their server space to help address these issues. Obviously doubling the space on boards did not help this past Sunday as I also was unable to get the boards to work. We have added more bandwidth to the boards in prep for Sunday's game. Unfortunately, we are unable to replicate the issue because, during the work week, the traffic doesn't peak like it does on gameday.

While I know this does not help address all the issues, I wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

Our hope is, come Sunday, the boards will be functioning like normal.

We will be monitoring.

Thank You for your patience.

Thanks for the update.

IMO the Giants just bought a bad product and should move onto something else. This is 2017. An internet message board is not exactly rocket science.

Comment

I forgot to add. It's not just a bandwidth issue. This new MB is buggy beyond belief. The "bandwidth" (if that's what it is) issue is just the most glaring.

There are tons of message boards out there. And they all seem to work fine. Except this one.

Comment

everyone is having the same issues. boards crash on gameday (server cant handle it) and the other issue is posting hangs at times and we see different names with our avatars and also no replies on a thread 9 pages deep.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGModerator View Post
          Hi All,

We have been working non-stop to try and address some of the user control issues with our message boards provider vBulletin.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

More memory and increasing the number of concurrent connections (simple configuration change) will likely solve the problem. Pretty clear that's the issue with many more people accessing the board on gameday.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Hahahaha...

Comment

Also logging in with safari is an issue. Won't retain your login info after you log in. I can log in, and by the time i write/reply to post, then click send/reply, it no longer has me logged in and my post/reply never happened. Had to use chrome to post on here. Can't believe this is an issue. I use vbulletin with safari on other sites w/o this issue.
                Peace,
                DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

Thank you for the update, and for working so hard to get the boards fixed.
                  sigpic"Remain in what you are, the center of your life
                  You made it to this point no one can tell you how..." Gojira-Vacuity

Comment

Originally posted by DragonSoul View Post
                    Also logging in with safari is an issue. Won't retain your login info after you log in. I can log in, and by the time i write/reply to post, then click send/reply, it no longer has me logged in and my post/reply never happened. Had to use chrome to post on here. Can't believe this is an issue. I use vbulletin with safari on other sites w/o this issue.
                    That's not just a SAFARI issue, it also happens with Firefox and Chrome
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

That's not just a SAFARI issue, it also happens with Firefox and Chrome
                      wow, that just makes it worse if it isn't contained to just 1 browser. Guess I'm lucky it at least works for me on chrome!

Peace,
                      DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

You should be able to easily load test using free services to simulate gameday traffic and see at what point the site crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by AllHaillDaNYG View Post
                          You should be able to easily load test using free services to simulate gameday traffic and see at what point the site crashes.
                          They're working on it "none stop" - except Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays.

Comment

I think they need new IT people.
                            Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Just a thought, but since the boards seem to be having a serious bandwidth issue, it might help to disable signature pics, as they do tend to cut into load times. I dont know that it would have a very big impact, but it could help somewhat.
                              The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                              X