The high pick double cross Flowers & Apple

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The high pick double cross Flowers & Apple

Apple and Flowers, our two top 10 first rounders, both need to be benched.

Not only are they playing awful, they are also being forced to stay on the field because of the premium Reese paid to select them. Thus the double cross. Don't tell me we don't have a better option. You don't know, and I don't know, until other players replace them.

Cocrell was a solid 3rd CB for the Steelers last year, and from what I have seen this year in his limited snaps, I think it's an upgrade for him to replace Apple. Unless you enjoy the constant grabbing, PI's, and receptions allowed by Apple.

Flowers? We all know he sucks in pass protection, but his run blocking has been awful too this year. I don't know what the best new OL should be, perhaps Pugh-Jones-Richburg-Jerry-Fluker or Wheeler, but something needs to be tried to get Flowers off the field. He sucks, and will always suck.

These two guys pretty much ended the season for us before October. Absolute disgraceful job by the GM. The celebrations and kneels are just apetty distractions to the real problems this team has. Every team is looking to pick on Apple like they did with Webster when he was washed up.

Comment

Complete busts, both of them

will take years to recover from this

first round picks will make or break you

Comment

Reese outsmarted himself with both picks. Disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
          Complete busts, both of them

will take years to recover from this

first round picks will make or break you
          especially the ones in the top 10. Those are where you need to pick up an OBJ (even with his quirks)

Comment

The difference between the two players is that Apple still has promise IMO.

At this point, it is clear that Flowers is not, and never will be, an NFL OT.

Comment

Apple is no where near a bust.....

yet....
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Apple still has potential to become a great player. He has showed signs of it numerous times. Flowers has not...

im not giving up on Apple yet.
                sigpic"Remain in what you are, the center of your life
                You made it to this point no one can tell you how..." Gojira-Vacuity

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                  Apple and Flowers, our two top 10 first rounders, both need to be benched.

Not only are they playing awful, they are also being forced to stay on the field because of the premium Reese paid to select them. Thus the double cross. Don't tell me we don't have a better option. You don't know, and I don't know, until other players replace them.

Cocrell was a solid 3rd CB for the Steelers last year, and from what I have seen this year in his limited snaps, I think it's an upgrade for him to replace Apple. Unless you enjoy the constant grabbing, PI's, and receptions allowed by Apple.

Flowers? We all know he sucks in pass protection, but his run blocking has been awful too this year. I don't know what the best new OL should be, perhaps Pugh-Jones-Richburg-Jerry-Fluker or Wheeler, but something needs to be tried to get Flowers off the field. He sucks, and will always suck.
                  Just think, we could've had Gurley and Tunsil/Decker in those years instead.

Without a doubt, I could've drafted better than JR over the last 5 years, and I do my research on players via the internet. JR is an absolute joke and needs to be fired.
                  NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                  Garrett Bolles - OT
                  David Njoku - TE
                  Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Reese has hit on two studs in the draft in ten yrs...odell and collins. Flowers is his worst pick ever and Apple was a reach but I still think he can be good if he cleans up his technique but definitely not worth the spot he was picked. This is Reese's last year...it has to be.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                      Apple is no where near a bust.....

yet....
                      He isnt near a 1st round talent though either. Id say he is good depth at this point. Not exactly what you want at #10. As for Flowers, they need to try him at guard before dumping him.
                      Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                        Reese outsmarted himself with both picks. Disgrace.
                        we need to send Reese up to New England to learn how to be a GM from the Patriots organization.......

Comment

Originally posted by Barneygum View Post
                          Reese has hit on two studs in the draft in ten yrs...odell and collins. Flowers is his worst pick ever and Apple was a reach but I still think he can be good if he cleans up his technique but definitely not worth the spot he was picked. This is Reese's last year...it has to be.
                          It wont be Reese's last year. Better prepare yourself for it

Anyone remember Corey Webster? Had a really rough start to his career, and then the light suddenly went on in his head? Sound familiar?

Lets give Apple more than one season to get it figured out. Calling him a bust is just stupid at this point
                          The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

The disappointing aspect with Apple is that he is still doing the same things (bad habits) he did in college, especially grabbing WR jerseys and not getting his head around to look for the ball. Why take a guy so high in the draft who has technique problems?

I know he has been playing on two bad ankles, so this may be a big part of the reason he looks so bad. I'm not sure, even when healthy, that he can break his bad habits. What do you guys think?

Comment

Apple does everything a CB isn't supposed to do. It's like he's playing out of position or something. Dude is useless right now and even if he pans out, we'll only get a couple of good years out of him max. Definitely not worth that high of a pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X