Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring Back Coughlin and Accorsi

And return this team to glory!

Lol yes I know it'll never happen but it would be amazing, miss them so much... no doubt this team would be 10x better off

After people and friends are gone we all reminisce about the good old days, don't we ? Must enjoy family, friends, and collogues while their among us. It's too late to tell them how much we loved them after their gone.

I've been thru a number of regime changes in this organization and really miss the glory days each and every time.

Comment

No. Ready to be moved on from all. Was ready for Accorsi to go when he did and Coughlin should have been out in 2013 with Gilbride.

The problem is they made a bad hire and the GM made some bad and mediocre picks for the OL.

they have created an extremely difficult situation for themselves and I think John Mara knows he screwed up bad - which will lead to him not wanting to blame any one person too much...which could lead to more dithering and by extension, more losing.

Comment

How do these "bring back Accorsi" people never remember the fact Accorsi "missed" on just as many picks as Jerry Reese? And was probably less effective in the first round.

Comment

I think McAdoo should ensemble his own leadership council. Coughlin did it when he almost lost the team and Mac should follow. Knowing that the coach will listen and care for the players may go a long way in turning this season around.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
            No. Ready to be moved on from all. Was ready for Accorsi to go when he did and Coughlin should have been out in 2013 with Gilbride.

The problem is they made a bad hire and the GM made some bad and mediocre picks for the OL.

they have created an extremely difficult situation for themselves and I think John Mara knows he screwed up bad - which will lead to him not wanting to blame any one person too much...which could lead to more dithering and by extension, more losing.
            I agree w/ this...but I've been saying for YEARS..REESE is THE PROBLEM...

Comment

Originally posted by JayMas9 View Post
              How do these "bring back Accorsi" people never remember the fact Accorsi "missed" on just as many picks as Jerry Reese? And was probably less effective in the first round.
              Acorsi was a beast and actually had the stones to move around in the draft

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post

Lol yes I know it'll never happen but it would be amazing, miss them so much... no doubt this team would be 10x better off
                How soon we forget. I am not a Tom hater but things were not significantly better the latter part of him being here. Discipline, Coaching, Scoring, Unable to sustain drives, Time management etc. were all issues with him as well. I think it was time to move on but where we moved to do not seem to be looking well.

Comment

Originally posted by JayMas9 View Post
                  I'm glad someone remembers this. You won't find many who will admit this. The offensive line during Fassel's two years was equally, if not worse than what we have now.
                  Last edited by I Bleed Blue; 09-28-2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

That 2008 team was dominant, Accorsi would never have let the oline deteriorate like it did. We would have won a couple of more super bowls if he was still in charge.

Comment

LMFAO the last few years here people wanted EA out as well. His last few drafts played a major impact in helping us win 2 Super Bowls but it was some Awful Drafts before that how soon people forget lol

Ron Dayne, Will Allen, Williams Joseph, Shaun WIlliams, Luke Pettigrout...then he finished strong to his Credit and Reese was Allegedly part of those last few classes as well

I'm sticking it out with Reese and McAdoo for now. They really just need to fix that Offensive Line and a few others things, we're not that far off from possibly another run honestly. Now if people are ready to blow it up and start a rebuilding Process which is no Guarantee we will be able to build out of in less than a Decade then yeah OK Fire them all! But they're coming off of a 11-5 season and is off to a slow start this season but they do have talent in place here to turn this thing around starting with Tampa Bay on Sunday hopefully.

Comment

Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by BornBlue37 View Post

How soon we forget. I am not a Tom hater but things were not significantly better the latter part of him being here. Discipline, Coaching, Scoring, Unable to sustain drives, Time management etc. were all issues with him as well. I think it was time to move on but where we moved to do not seem to be looking well.
                          Tom's decline is greatly exaggerated. Did he have many good years left? Probably not, but he had a few. Forcing him out when we did was a big over reaction by Mara. We didn't have near the talent during Tom's last few years as we did last year or now.

Comment

The Coughlin era collapsed when the players on the Oline got old and injured and were never replaced with good talent. This ended the effectiveness of the Gillbride's offense.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

That 2008 team was dominant, Accorsi would never have let the oline deteriorate like it did. We would have won a couple of more super bowls if he was still in charge.
                              maybe drafting linemen better early on something reese didnt do to recently, but i remember ernie putting us in cap hell over avg linemens contracts. but met ernie and spoke with him for a while a few years ago, what a nice man.

Comment

Working...
                              X