Why has Perkins regressed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why has Perkins regressed?

Its easy to say the OL is bad..But they were bad last year and he made the most of his carries. He showed potential, but now he's looking like Jennings. Darkwa on the other hand has played better but when he's starting he looks likes Jennings 2.0. It's almost psychological with this group, they play better when they're not the #1 guy. Watch if Gallhman plays , he'll reflect Perkins and Okwara off the bench.Everyone will be sold on Gallhman and the cycle will repeat itself. Hey , why not put Vereen in as a every down back, he actually did well running the rock last year before IR....Anything is worth a try at this point.
    Just Win

Seems to lack vision, reminds me of young guys always wanting to run the other guys over when there is green grass right to the left or right, maybe he get's it this week.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
      Seems to lack vision, reminds me of young guys always wanting to run the other guys over when there is green grass right to the left or right, maybe he get's it this week.
      I hope so. It's almost like he lost his jump step from last year.

Comment

He hasn't regressed
        he's one of those guys who only thrives in the 4th Qtr when the defense gets winded
        hes basically weak....no leg strength

Comment

He has not regressed. Here is the problem last year when Jennings was the #1 he was keyed on while he was on the field Result was hit in the backfield of little to no gain. Now it is Perkins who is #1 with the same outcome . The Running back is given the ball the Defense knows the line can be pushed back and this is what we got.It is the Offensive Line. It sucks. It was not Jennings last season or the one before . It is not Perkins this season.

Anyone who believes it is the running back fault, Is not believing what his eyes are seeing and or has become accepting to the new status quo that is our O-line. This is the truth; if our O-line could block, the running game would flourish. If you believe changing the RB will produce a different conclusion. Keep making these threads because the next #1 back will fabricate the same issue.
          The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

I don't think he has regressed. I think our OL certainly has regressed. I think Perkins is not what I was hoping for unfortunately. Looks more and more like a complementary back than anything. I hope he adjusts though because I think he has the talent.
            Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

Comment

He is not a starting caliber NFL back

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                He is not a starting caliber NFL back
                Plain and simple. . There's no way around that fact, anything else is just hoopla.

Comment

Originally posted by DayOneGiant View Post
                  Plain and simple. . There's no way around that fact, anything else is just hoopla.
                  There we have it. The problem being the O-line as most believe is hoopla. Glad you brought that to the forefront. SMH
                  The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                    He has not regressed. Here is the problem last year when Jennings was the #1 he was keyed on while he was on the field Result was hit in the backfield of little to no gain. Now it is Perkins who is #1 with the same outcome . The Running back is given the ball the Defense knows the line can be pushed back and this is what we got.It is the Offensive Line. It sucks. It was not Jennings last season or the one before . It is not Perkins this season.

Anyone who believes it is the running back fault, Is not believing what his eyes are seeing and or has become accepting to the new status quo that is our O-line. This is the truth; if our O-line could block, the running game would flourish. If you believe changing the RB will produce a different conclusion. Keep making these threads because the next #1 back will fabricate the same issue.
                    Exactly this line gives a yard yard and a half to the D line before the the back has the ball,this is one unusually bad line they are bad in all aspects of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

Exactly this line gives a yard yard and a half to the D line before the the back has the ball,this is one unusually bad line they are bad in all aspects of the game.
                      2012 was the last time the Giants were in the top half of the league in rushing (14th). (2013 29th), (2014 24th), (2015 18th), (2016 29th), (2017 32nd)

Andre Brown
                      André Williams
                      Rashad Jennings
                      Paul Perkins

it is not the RB and never has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingb50 View Post

I hope so. It's almost like he lost his jump step from last year.
                        Jump step is MIA

can’t blame the oLine when other back are averaging 4+

Perkins is at 2.1

Comment

Perkins looks out of shape to me.

Comment

-League is more aware of him and is focusing on him.
                            -No lower body power; cannot get extra yards after contact.
                            -Run blocking seems even worse than last year if that's possible. I know it's the same guys, but I'm just calling it how I see it.
                            -The play calling is horrendous, and the league seems more on top of that now.

I don't know why anyone ever thought Perkins was going to be some great player. He was not drafted high, and he was nothing special as a rookie. Is it even fair to him to expect him to outperform in some major way? That was never the expectation. He is a depth guy at best and was valued as such going into the draft.

I'm not in agreement with posters who seem to imply that it doesn't matter who the RB is as long as the line is good. That is not true. The RB definitely matters. A very good RB can make better cuts and/or break tackles/extend runs better than mediocre or bad ones. Sure, it starts with the blocking, but there is a huge difference between having a guy like DeMarco Murray versus someone like Perkins or Darkwa. Don't kid yourselves that that doesn't matter and it's only the line.

Comment

This is the stat that is the stature on how bad our O-line is and has been. The giants are 1 of 3 teams since 2010 without a 1900 yard team rushing season . We are grouped with the Colts and Browns. It ain't the Running backs period.
                              Last edited by TEM; 10-01-2017, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X