Why has Perkins regressed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

You also have to think about the situation. With Perkins the #1, he is trying to run most his runs on 1st and 2nd downs when the D thinks we will run. I dont have the stats, but I bet Darkwa is used more in situations where a pass is more likely and later in games when the opponents D is more worn since he is the backup. Again, that is my assumption not having stats. They both are pretty much the same RB right now.
    I don't care about the situation
    he is David Wilson2. Goes down with a pinky tackle
    the guy who compared him to Dwarka must be Perkins relative
    Last edited by BlueClue; 10-01-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
      He hasn't regressed. He played very little last year and shouldn't have been given the job without earning it.
      Huh? He played in half the games last year basically. He avg over 4 yards a carry. Now in 3 games he is avg 2 yards a carry. That seems like regressing to me.
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

I have been a big defender of Perkins... based on last year's pefromance versus this year as posted above...he may best fit the role of a complimentary back. Still want to see him be more productive and today would be a great start.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
          -League is more aware of him and is focusing on him.
          -No lower body power; cannot get extra yards after contact.
          -Run blocking seems even worse than last year if that's possible. I know it's the same guys, but I'm just calling it how I see it.
          -The play calling is horrendous, and the league seems more on top of that now.

I don't know why anyone ever thought Perkins was going to be some great player. He was not drafted high, and he was nothing special as a rookie. Is it even fair to him to expect him to outperform in some major way? That was never the expectation. He is a depth guy at best and was valued as such going into the draft.

I'm not in agreement with posters who seem to imply that it doesn't matter who the RB is as long as the line is good. That is not true. The RB definitely matters. A very good RB can make better cuts and/or break tackles/extend runs better than mediocre or bad ones. Sure, it starts with the blocking, but there is a huge difference between having a guy like DeMarco Murray versus someone like Perkins or Darkwa. Don't kid yourselves that that doesn't matter and it's only the line.
          +1000. Everyone acts like if you have a good oline you can find any joe off the st. A good oline helps, but it's time for the giants to invest in a true number 1 back. I've been saying this for a while now.
          [SIGPIC]

Comment

I totally was calling for him to start over Jennings by mid/end of season last year, i'm starting to lean more towards what some of the other posters are saying, he looks more like a complimentary back, not your ground and pound back we need . Someone who can produce like a normally #1 consistently. Even with a decent o-line.
            sigpic

Comment

Naming him the starting back was a Reese appeasement move
              it was a big gamble and blew up a in mcadoos face

Comment

For those who like Perkins, what exactly is he good at?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
                  He hasn't regressed
                  he's one of those guys who only thrives in the 4th Qtr when the defense gets winded
                  hes basically weak....no leg strength
                  !00% agree. He simply isn't a starting NFL back. This stupid head coach had no business naming him the starting back during the spring.

Comment

Albert Morris took it 70 yds to the house today
                    why didn't Reese go after him
                    BUT Dallas is losing in the 4th qtr

Comment

He looks slow to me. Very slow. He also goes down easily.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                        He has not regressed. Here is the problem last year when Jennings was the #1 he was keyed on while he was on the field Result was hit in the backfield of little to no gain. Now it is Perkins who is #1 with the same outcome . The Running back is given the ball the Defense knows the line can be pushed back and this is what we got.It is the Offensive Line. It sucks. It was not Jennings last season or the one before . It is not Perkins this season.

Anyone who believes it is the running back fault, Is not believing what his eyes are seeing and or has become accepting to the new status quo that is our O-line. This is the truth; if our O-line could block, the running game would flourish. If you believe changing the RB will produce a different conclusion. Keep making these threads because the next #1 back will fabricate the same issue.
                        +1

Comment

Originally posted by SimmsandLT View Post

That would indicate that the running backs are part of the problem. Yes the O-line sucks, but so do the backs.
                          No it has been the line if yo have watched the games season after season
                          The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

They might of found something in galmen running hard taking his time setting up blocks,as best as can be done with this line.

Comment

Working...
                            X