Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hargrreaves looks great BUT we took Eli Apple????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted Hargreaves. Never considered Apple. Hargreaves is considered “undersized” and limited athleticism but has good technique and ball skills. Apple is he exact opposite-great height and size and athleticism but poor ball skills. A total classic Reese pick who gets enamored with measureballs over football skills.

Per Mayock + NFL NET.

Hargreaves

“”Lean, wiry frame. Aggressive nature allows teams to bait him with double moves. Quicker than fast and doesn't have closing speed to make mistakes underneath and still recover on top. Allowed 16.5 yards per completion this season. Scouts worry about his height outside. Big receivers will pose a challenge on the next level””

Apple

“”Can be slow to diagnose and anticipate quarterback's plans. Average reactive athleticism. Doesn't feature the balance or twitch to rocket forward and challenge throws if he's not shadowing his man. Won't always play to his size as a tackler. Dragged 18 yards after a catch against Penn State. Shows some stiffness as an open field tackler and allowed four broken tackles this season. Slow to turn head and find ball on deep throw””

Nothing has changed. Give me an undersized but firey player over a taller athlete who can’t diagnose or locate the ball any day of the week.
    Last edited by flimflam; 10-01-2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Trust he continues to improve his craft at this point...

Comment

He's covering Odell Beckham pretty well

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeGiant View Post
          The worst thing about Apple is he is usually in good position but has absolutely zero ball skills.
          This

Comment

I wanted Tunsil instead, but we aren't supposed to dwell on the past. LOL
            We all that we got!

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
              I wanted Tunsil instead, but we aren't supposed to dwell on the past. LOL
              Tunsil has been terrible.

I can only imagine how much this board would be blowing up if both Flowers and Tunsil were stinking it up.

Comment

Jerry Reese said at the time that Eli Apple was a better player.
                New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
                  Jerry Reese said at the time that Eli Apple was a better player.
                  Jerry Reese is f'n delusional, but either way I thnk they both werent worth the spots they were picked in.
                  Last edited by ALLnygIN; 10-02-2017, 12:34 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post

Tunsil has been terrible.

I can only imagine how much this board would be blowing up if both Flowers and Tunsil were stinking it up.
                    Well my cousin who is a dolphins fan states that Tunsil has been average, which is way better than what we have at EITHER tackle position on the oline. I still would have taken him instead and would have taken Todd Gurley instead of Flowers.
                    We all that we got!

Comment

It is not the kid's fault if a coach lines up the 3rd best CB against the #1 receiver, maybe a top 5 receiver of the league.

Comment

Working...
                      X